Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2006, 17:54   #1

My Fiero Nautilius

Hi Guys,

You may have seen what i have put on in another forum or a thread in this same forum.The purpose of starting a thread on this is that i get some no holds barred suggestions on the mods carried out & possible future & as to what can be further done.

The jobs done are:-
1)Three spoke alloys painted black.
2) Stock rear replaced with MRF Zapper 100/90-18.00
3) Engine block,grabrail painted black.
4) K&N RC1060 installed.
5) Exhaust by PROTON.
6)Upjetted:-The carbeurettor now is from a P-180.
7)Round headlamp unit from the P-150.
8) Horn by Stebel,Italy.To listen to it check out www.stebel.it.
9) Coil winding to increase illumination.

The jobs planned:-
1)Single pod instrument cluster from the Eliminator.
2)Gas based shock absorbers for the rear.Suggestions required as to which ones:-P-150,Apache or the inverted ones found on the Bullet.
3)Headlight :-Wwith the coil winding done ,what are the options available?

Apart from all the above:-

What does an expansion chamber do? What role it would play in the setup i have just described?What are the products available?
Old 13th June 2006, 20:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

What does an expansion chamber do? What role it would play in the setup i have just described?What are the products available?[/quote]

Expansion chambers are for 2 stroke engines. 4 strokes use free flow. You have the proton. Tell me what difference the proton gives you? How does it sound? Can you upload the sound file?
Old 13th June 2006, 21:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey smoke2gold, change the wheels to the five spoke variety found on P180, Apache etc. They will suit the bike better.
Old 14th June 2006, 18:16   #4

The nautilius

@mail4ajo:-Will definitely try to do so but can you let me know how to go about it.
Old 14th June 2006, 20:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2gold
@mail4ajo:-Will definitely try to do so but can you let me know how to go about it.
Go to Photobucket.com. Its gotta a video section. Shoot a movie with sound and upload it there.
Old 15th June 2006, 18:15   #6

Hey Guys ,

Here are the photographs of the nautilius installed.

Old 15th June 2006, 21:29   #7
BHPian

what is it n what does this do....can u also tell me by changing the jets how will u b effecting the reliability,wear n tear, performance, efficiency of the engin
Old 15th June 2006, 22:09   #8
BHPian

Its just a big a** horn man, nothing special Sorry man. Will scare the guy in front of him ****less when he honks.

Upjetting or changing the jets will not affect the reliability, wear and tear of your engine. It does improve performance if done correctly.

Upjetting and playing around with your carburetor is not really easy. What you get in stock form is the best setting for your bike for the local climatic conditions. People mostly tend to concentrate on the main jet and forget about the pilot jet. It doesn't really matter much on a four stroke to a large extent but its imperitive that you give the pilot jet another look when it comes to a 2 stroke.

Your pilot jet is what controls the fuel being sent into your engine upto 1/4th of your throttle, after which your main jet takes over. Engine starting, idling problems can be at times attributed to the pilot jet.
Old 16th June 2006, 00:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Did you mount the horn at the back side of your bike!! Why?

If it was space constraints i'm damn sure that you could've found a good enough place to mount it in front of the bike, somewhere near the engine. Or did you find the sound too loud that you can't honk while you're riding lol and so you decided to let the pillion suffer.... and also you can shoo off those following you

Put four Nautiluses on the four corners of the bike and you can have lift off, VTOL style like those harrier jets!
j/k

Cheers.
Old 16th June 2006, 01:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
Put four Nautiluses on the four corners of the bike and you can have lift off, VTOL style like those harrier jets!
Hey! Not a bad idea there mate.
Old 16th June 2006, 23:11   #11

Will definitely let you guys know the launch dates.
Old 17th June 2006, 17:31   #12
BHPian

Hi there,

yeah I visisted the Nautilius site tooo... their product range is amazing..!!! am also palnning to get one installed.... btw.. wats the cost buddy...?!!

why have you installed it on the tail???!!!!!!!!!!!! anways...I too will post all the snaps once all the mods are over!!

chall...cheers..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks