Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 13:09   #46
gemi_kk

Re: Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
There's more waiting. check these out. looks like hero's painting plants are malfunctioning. or, is it the designers' brains playing a joke on them?

They are expecting the scooter below to take on the activa. LOL

Not so pleasurable now, eh?
I think, Hero must stop using Honda's engines starting from December 2013. As it would be their end of licence or something. So they do not have any other choice. If they have to sell bikes, they need to make/get a new engine. So these are the new ones.

This could either be a hit/miss to Hero. So it would be a definite hit for Bajaj/TVS and others for the initial monts.

Comming to the commuter Hero, The Engine looks completly different. I hope they either have bought new engines from some manufacturer, or they have built them on their own with EBR.

Lets wait and see how they run..

On a lighter note, Hero copied CBS of honda and made it IBS (Intelligent breaking ... blah.. )

Also, they have developed some new tech .. like start stop engine. as per others, it would be incorporated in all their upcomming products. Lets wait and see.

Old 30th September 2013, 14:16   #47
BHPian

Oh My God, is this product being launched by an two wheeler manufacturer? Looks like a motorcycle modified by a newbie. Completely out of connection with the current Karizma.

In my opinion, Hero Group should have developed their own engineering and design resource from 2000 itself. When Honda Two Wheelers entered in Indian market with scooters, they should have foreseen this condition. If that was the case, Hero Motorcorp would have never landed up in such a situation.
Old 30th September 2013, 16:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

IMO the 2013 Hero ZMR does not look as bad it is made out by the inexperienced scoopsters/ photographers. Yes, it is not very good design, but, OK for me (& I have always hated Hero/ Hero-Honda products after being forced to ride the Splendor ~ donkey by my parents). Please refer he side profile of the bike in 2nd image of the below link (courtesy IAB):

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/2...luxe-eco-98614

It is palatable from this angle IMO.
Old 30th September 2013, 21:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwanth View Post
ZMR's proposed headlamp looks like borrowed from a locomotive!
That's a cool observation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
That 'white-blue-white' sandwich Pleasure looks very comical indeed but I'm sure all the teenagers will head straight for that as it will 'differentiate them' from the everybody else!
I wouldn't agree with you on this though. I am a teenager myself and find the paintjob sick. And, many of my friends had the same opinion too. For teenagers, i think the design matters more than the paintjob, for eg, the honda dio which ended up being a hearthrob for the teenagers. I own a vespa lx125 myself but my heart skips a beat everytime i see a dio on the road. Just love that design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO the 2013 Hero ZMR does not look as bad it is made out by the inexperienced scoopsters/ photographers. Yes, it is not very good design, but, OK for me (& I have always hated Hero/ Hero-Honda products after being forced to ride the Splendor ~ donkey by my parents). Please refer he side profile of the bike in 2nd image of the below link (courtesy IAB):

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/2...luxe-eco-98614

It is palatable from this angle IMO.
I just think hero shouldn't have borrowed/copied so many things from various manufacturers for the ZMR. Instead of focusing on the "FUNCTIONAL" part, hero seems to have focused more on the "FORM" part. They could've rather added monoshocks, wider tyres, projectors and stuff. The major disappointments for me were the headlights and the side profile as such. The bike seems too lean for the huge fairing it carries. I think it loses out on the proportions. on the other hand, R15, CBR, etc. seem so proportionate as the bike's body size complements the fairing so nicely. But, here...

and the xtreme, aargh.. seems to be a mix of pulsar 135ls and jive.
Old 1st October 2013, 01:46   #50
BHPian

I am deeply saddened looking at what they've done to a beauty that once was!!!
The Karizma - every boy's dream to own one but not everyone who could afford one at that time. Then came the ZMR, which was radical in some ways and in many others,disappointing.
ZMR v2.0's just plain ridiculous!!! It may ride well, handle well but are you sure you want to own a bike with that hideous looking face?

PS: Those of you who own the original Karizma or the 'R' and are planning to sell it,i suggest you keep it a little bit longer as i'm sure it's gonna become a future icon!!!

Scoop! 2014 Hero Karizma ZMR-2011-hero-honda-karizma-r-02.jpg
Future icon for sure!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 10:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
I just think hero shouldn't have borrowed/copied so many things from various manufacturers for the ZMR. Instead of focusing on the "FUNCTIONAL" part, hero seems to have focused more on the "FORM" part. They could've rather added monoshocks, wider tyres, projectors and stuff. The major disappointments for me were the headlights and the side profile as such. The bike seems too lean for the huge fairing it carries. I think it loses out on the proportions. on the other hand, R15, CBR, etc. seem so proportionate as the bike's body size complements the fairing so nicely. But, here...

and the xtreme, aargh.. seems to be a mix of pulsar 135ls and jive.
that they have tried a khichdi of designs stolen from other bike manufacturers successful products. Basically their designers are nothing more than cheaply paid graphic designers (or talented chaps whose skills & enthusiasm was killed by the sticker graphic designing they have done till date), & do not know much about automotive designing or lost the mojo IMO. I am not amused at the criticism/ flack they are getting for the 2013 ZMR, but, I feel what they have managed is not as bad as the management of Hero group has been making then do till date.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:35   #52
BHPian

I think we shouldn't criticize it so much before the launch. Hero might pull the plug on it. Then i wont be able to look at it in person and laugh my ass off
motorhead666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 14:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

OMG, the tail-light seems to have fallen off.

These people just want nouveau styling elements everywhere, but all they have is a decade old frame to be wrapped up. I think they should consider a no-nonsense, minimalistic, naked theme on the Karizma with a good ol' round headlamp detailed out with contemporary styling touches and dub it the R.
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:03   #54
BHPian

According to the Motorcycle.com, Erik Buell Racing has worked on the engines of the ZMR and Karizma R. While the report has no details here is the link http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/09/3...ma-r-revealed/
Old 4th October 2013, 04:10   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
According to the Motorcycle.com, Erik Buell Racing has worked on the engines of the ZMR and Karizma R. While the report has no details here is the link.
When a foreign company was handed over the engine department why did the Indian guys take over the design board?! Mix and match of all bikes found in its segment.

It is evident more now that Hero is not able to do anything substantial by loosing Honda. It is struggling and sorting to cut, copy and paste formulas. These guys must tie up with some European manufacturer to look after the styling department.

Anurag.
Old 4th October 2013, 09:11   #56
BHPian

I am always amazed at how these comapnies that have the peoples loyalty and the power to affect their aesthetic sense churn out utter crap year after year, in the four wheeled market too!
This one reminds me of the 80's jap sub-litre class designs, in profile, but atleast they knew where they were headed and learnt quick from their outrageous experimentation with form!

Bajaj on the other hand is really putting their design talent to work!! HMC, sack your designers and get some talent in that room!

Last edited by Edmund : 4th October 2013 at 09:12. Reason: spell check!
Old 4th October 2013, 10:03   #57
BHPian

Now I really feel, Hero was better off with Honda! They're brutally butchering they're own name and fame, ever since they've launched the impulse!
Seriously don't understand what's wrong with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Bajaj on the other hand is really putting their design talent to work!! HMC, sack your designers and get some talent in that room!
I second that Edmund!

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th October 2013 at 10:16. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th October 2013, 19:54   #58
BHPian

They should just keep selling the first ZMA since that is the only one which they managed to churn out good.

This new version, dont you guys think that the front whole light unit looks like the Predators head?

Refer this image:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hoI3-fnCag...edator+2+a.jpg

I still do not understand what people find in the ZMR, it is one ugly bike.
Old 7th October 2013, 20:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

I feel the correct way forward is to offer a fully naked Karizma with aggressive street-fighter styling like the Duke 200 & FZ16.

It will look less bulky, feel lighter to handle and the lost heft will make it faster (given that HH is incapable of making it more powerful)
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 15:16   #60
BHPian

I cant believe my eyes. I was hoping for something better. ZMR and R and beauties in front of this. Look at the side view. The rear mudguard is miles apart from the tire. Also the front hood look exact copy of pulsar 220 with some extra light. Looks like Hero is suffering a major setback after the split with Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks