Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 06:19   #1
BANNED

What is your Clutch Settings ?

Everyone drives through different terrains and is having different driving styles. So some of the guys may have modified/tweaked their machines to their driving conditions. And also some of the xBHP-ians may had done some clutch plate mods etc. And when riding dissimilar bikes or even bikes of same specifications I've felt that the clutch is adjusted in different ways.

So based on your experiences and on your bikes , which are the best clutch settings to suit different parcels of land (with zero damage to our machines) :

1. For Highway Cruising alone(smoothness is the need of that hour)

2. Mix of City and rural areas(with potholed tarmacs)

3. City riding alone(Stop & Go Traffic)

4. For Drag Racing (We need instant pickups, Right?)

5. Stunts

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th June 2006 at 00:24.
Old 15th June 2006, 19:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I always want my clutch whether its my bike or car to be at the tip of the lever. So that I dont have to depress the lever or pedal much.

It gives a racy feeling too, since it gives quick pickup. But you have to be careful to not keep the lever or pedal depressed while riding. Your plates will run out. I hate half clutch riders or drivers. If I know the guy uses half clutch, I wont give my vehicle to them.
Old 15th June 2006, 20:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I always want my clutch whether its my bike or car to be at the tip of the lever. So that I dont have to depress the lever or pedal much.

It gives a racy feeling too, since it gives quick pickup. But you have to be careful to not keep the lever or pedal depressed while riding. Your plates will run out. I hate half clutch riders or drivers. If I know the guy uses half clutch, I wont give my vehicle to them.
wonder how u manage in city riding
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks