Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 17:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Well, I really liked your display name. It is actually a Bengali surname. Coming to the bull, I actually envy you after saw a display vehicle in the showroom. When I took delivery of my black electra in August this year( in record 11 days, though) the 500 standard was not available( only the classic version was available which somehow I did not fully like, except the chrome having a 6-8 months waiting period). Otherwise, I would have surely waited for some days/months and purchased this one. Not that the electra is an inferior one, but it is not 500, and does not have the legendary thump. Happy thumping, dada.

Dhonnobad Purnendu da You definitely got your Electra in a record time. For the legendary thump, I think you can go for the Short Bottle muffler. The stock silencer that comes these days, do not have the thump associated and my Amun-Ra is no exception. The Short Bottle is provided by the RE, therefore no worries with the warranty getting void. Also I have heard that there is not much of a performance difference observed after changing the silencer.

Drive safe dada.
Old 12th October 2013, 21:08   #32
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition mate.She's a real beauty.Might I suggest that you add the short bottle silencer.It would certainly add to the overall look of your Enfield.I myself own an '83 350.

Happy thumping mate.

Regards

B O V
Old 13th October 2013, 00:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

The tiger eyes of the Royal Enfield are known far and wide and so are the eyes of my Amun-Ra. This picture has been taken at the basement parking at approx 6 in the morning while I was leaving from the office. Fiery eyes, I must say.
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_5769__.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Congrats on your acquisition mate.She's a real beauty.Might I suggest that you add the short bottle silencer.It would certainly add to the overall look of your Enfield.I myself own an '83 350.

Happy thumping mate.

Regards

B O V
Thank you B O V. I have named "him" as Amun-Ra
Short Bottle Silencer is definitely on the cards. Along with the look, it will also give the legendary thump.

Best regards,

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th October 2013 at 17:49. Reason: Back to Back Posts
Old 13th October 2013, 18:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I have one query. Is there any way to protect the petrol tank from scratches etc (I am not talking about dents). Tanks pads are too permanent fixture and it does not complement the overall look of the Bullet. Is there any cover available, that I can put over the tank (like bike covers) and if required, remove the same for cleaning etc.

Best regards,
Old 14th October 2013, 12:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Short Bottle Silencer is definitely on the cards. Along with the look, it will also give the legendary thump.
One thing common between Harley riders all over the world and Enfield riders in India is that a lot of accessories are bought without deep thought as to why and how the said accessory will affect the bike.
To quote the most knowledgeable person on this forum about Enfields:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2721000

You will be now needing the nos. of a couple of reliable and honest mechanics in Pune. The one I go to is across town, but he is the best. Also he is an authorised RE mechanic so you can take your brand new bike there and keep your warranty valid.

Here is a link to his page, very interesting page!

http://motocamp.blogspot.in/
Old 14th October 2013, 17:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
One thing common between Harley riders all over the world and Enfield riders in India is that a lot of accessories are bought without deep thought as to why and how the said accessory will affect the bike.
To quote the most knowledgeable person on this forum about Enfields:
Thank you John Doe. I have been following up the threads of Mr. Jim, even before I got my Bullet (though there are terms, which I do not understand and have to refer to the Google for meaning). Somewhere in the various posts of RE, I had seen someone mention as, the stock is the best combination one can have on his Bullet as that has been selected after numerous calculations etc.

Today was the first servicing (460 kilometers in 9 days). There was nothing much to be performed apart from changing the oil and oil-filter. The overall experience was good. I was present during the entire duration and my Amun-Ra was handled promptly and with care. The total charge is rupees 989/-.

John, I think you are referring to the service center of Kunal Bike Works. I have read about his record speed feats and that he is the best in town for servicing, but one has to leave his motorcycle. I am ready to wait for 4-5 hours, but then leave my motorcycle and collect it next day, is a bit difficult for me, at least at this stage. By the way, it seems that you traverse across the city to reach his Service Center. Which part of the city are you from?
Old 16th October 2013, 03:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I have one query. Is there any way to protect the petrol tank from scratches etc (I am not talking about dents). Tanks pads are too permanent fixture and it does not complement the overall look of the Bullet. Is there any cover available, that I can put over the tank (like bike covers) and if required, remove the same for cleaning etc.

Best regards,
Members, I am still waiting for some inputs from your end. Keeping Amun-Ra covered, right after a trip is not possible as the silencer is too hot, and once you are in home, you tend to get occupied with other activities.
I am concerned about the petrol tank getting spoilt by scratches etc. Please advise if petrol tank covers are available (feasible?)
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 12:04   #38
BHPian

Hi Majumdarda,

Congrats to you for "Amun-Ra", Happy riding.

I would recommend that you get a good polish done 1st up in case you have not gone in for a teflon coating, the paint on RE bikes is a little thin and a football hit my tank (TBTS 500)on top and left a lot of scratches. :-(

Apart from that good to hear that you had the 1st service done, seems the oil that was replaced for you was the normal recommended by RE (as per the invoice amount), I would recommend to switch to Semi Synthetic as it has done wonders to my ride. You can check the invoice copy in my review.

I too service the Bull at Kunals workshop and he is pretty professional with the bike, no worries in leaving the bike with him if need be, buzz me in case you are around Bund Garden area, we can meet up.

Regards,
Jimmy
Old 16th October 2013, 17:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hi Majumdarda,

Congrats to you for "Amun-Ra", Happy riding.

I would recommend that you get a good polish done 1st up in case you have not gone in for a teflon coating, the paint on RE bikes is a little thin and a football hit my tank (TBTS 500)on top and left a lot of scratches. :-(

Apart from that good to hear that you had the 1st service done, seems the oil that was replaced for you was the normal recommended by RE (as per the invoice amount), I would recommend to switch to Semi Synthetic as it has done wonders to my ride. You can check the invoice copy in my review.

I too service the Bull at Kunals workshop and he is pretty professional with the bike, no worries in leaving the bike with him if need be, buzz me in case you are around Bund Garden area, we can meet up.

Regards,
Jimmy
Thank you Jimmy_u. Actually I was not sure that how teflon coating is applied. The usual wax coating (WAXPOL) that I am aware of has to be applied directly under the sun, and then keep the vehicle under the sun for some time, before rubbing it dry. It used to give a good shine and a great coating. I used to do this on my dad's amby while I was in school. On My Pulsar I use MOTOMAX, but the shine/coating fades of in 2 days.

So when I asked about the Teflon coating, did not get much of a confidence from the response received. Might be I will get it done at the second servicing. In the mean time, let me see in the forum for some inputs regarding the Teflon coating ( if you can please point me towards some links , that will be great! )

I stay at Kasarwadi, in the PCMC zone, but that will never be a deterrent to meet a fellow BHPian. Also the bull is such a rider sensitive motorcycle, that the more inputs one has from fellow riders, the stronger "the man-machine bond" develops. I am still a newbie in the forum, so cannot PM you at the moment. If you can please send me your contact number, then I will definitely love to meet you when I am visiting there.

Moreover, with Amun-Ra as my steed, I just need excuses to ride him to places. (Of course you would have guessed it as I completed the first servicing within 9 days )
Old 16th October 2013, 19:01   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your thumper buddy!!.. welcome to the family. Run her in well. The vibey mirrors are a trademark RE. make all such mods as a short bottle/ lighting upgrades after your run-in.

May i suggest to change the crash guard to the diamond type ones.

Last edited by adityasiera : 16th October 2013 at 19:15.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Congratulations on your thumper buddy!!.. welcome to the family. Run her in well. The vibey mirrors are a trademark RE. make all such mods as a short bottle/ lighting upgrades after your run-in.

May i suggest to change the crash guard to the diamond type ones.
Thank you adityasiera for your wishes. I am really enjoying riding Amun-Ra a lot. It seems that I just need excuse to take a short ride, here and there.

With regards to the Crash guard, our personal favorite was the old Airfly Crash Guard (the one which has two distinct small pillars at both the ends). It gives a much boxy appearance but unfortunatley it seems not to be available with the RE dealers these days. The reason why I choose the AirFly is because the feeling of boxyness attached with it (along with giving protection to the rider). The round edges seems to give comfort to the Machine, creating a protective enclosure.

Probably I am not able to explain, please ignore . Once we meet, I can definitely explain.

And now, for the teaser. Officially Amun-Ra completes 500 kilometers while I was coming to the office.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-wp_000205__.jpg
Old 17th October 2013, 06:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Officially Amun-Ra completes 500 kilometers while I was coming to the office.
Congrats on hitting 500km on the Amun-Ra, Majumdarda.

Here is an inspirational picture for you on how a well maintained Bullet can serve you for years if looked after like a family member.

It is my 350 Electra , a 2002 model.
Clutch plates replaced- once
Chain rear sprocket replaced- once
CDI unit replaced- once
Engine head opened once to replace head gasket.
Serviced once every 5000kms.

Everything else in the engine department is untouched and runs almost like how it did when I bought it. It still hits close to a ton on the GPS, provided the road is empty and straight enough with a little slope added .

Not to forget, the older and the more it runs, the smoother and better it gets.
Don't forget to take it on regular highway trips. It helps a lot for the bike and you.

These bikes are something else , look after it well and it will serve you for years without trouble.

Regards

EDIT: It is 97007 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img776.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 17th October 2013 at 06:46.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 08:31   #43
BHPian

Majumdarda,

Congratulations on the lovely bike. I would suggest you take a look at 3M Paint Protection film. They are clear films which can be applied on the painted surface and is almost invisible to the naked eye. That ways you can be mentally at peace as well.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congrats on hitting 500km on the Amun-Ra, Majumdarda.

Here is an inspirational picture for you on how a well maintained Bullet can serve you for years if looked after like a family member.

It is my 350 Electra , a 2002 model.
Clutch plates replaced- once
Chain rear sprocket replaced- once
CDI unit replaced- once
Engine head opened once to replace head gasket.
Serviced once every 5000kms.

Everything else in the engine department is untouched and runs almost like how it did when I bought it. It still hits close to a ton on the GPS, provided the road is empty and straight enough with a little slope added .

Not to forget, the older and the more it runs, the smoother and better it gets.
Don't forget to take it on regular highway trips. It helps a lot for the bike and you.

These bikes are something else , look after it well and it will serve you for years without trouble.

Regards

EDIT: It is 97007 kms.
Thank you tharian. I will definitely agree to you. Moreover these so called lifeless motorcycles respond more if we care for them like our own family member. So it definitely contradicts the term "lifeless" and is more apt for the term "lifeterm". My dad's LML Vespa XE was brought in the year 1991, and today even after 22 years, it is a piece of gem to ride along. Butter smooth feeling.

My daily ride is 30 kilometers, and I balance this between my Pulsar and Amun-Ra. Riding these motorcycles within their capabilities keeps them in their top condition. And the more older the engine becomes, the more refined it is.

One question that I have is regarding the odometer. I see that it has both the Kilometers and the Miles configured. The pictures of the Smith speedometers that I have seen, is different from the one that is installed on your motorcycle. So is this a different odometer (I mean a different make) or did it came stock with your motorcycle?

Drive safe and wishing you miles of happy thumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Majumdarda,

Congratulations on the lovely bike. I would suggest you take a look at 3M Paint Protection film. They are clear films which can be applied on the painted surface and is almost invisible to the naked eye. That ways you can be mentally at peace as well.
Thank you Motormania. I now have two options, Teflon coating and 3M Pint protection film. Please can you provide me some more information about the 3M PPF. How does it work, The pros and cons and definitely how much to pay for this? In the mean time, I will check where in Pune it is applied.

Take care and drive safe
Old 17th October 2013, 13:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One question that I have is regarding the odometer. I see that it has both the Kilometers and the Miles configured. The pictures of the Smith speedometers that I have seen, is different from the one that is installed on your motorcycle. So is this a different odometer (I mean a different make) or did it came stock with your motorcycle?

Drive safe and wishing you miles of happy thumping
This is the stock meter that used to come with the bikes before. Smiths meters are very different to this in looks and working.

I am not sure when they moved to kmh only meters and realized that only when I saw your bikes meter.

AFAIK, they came with both mph/kmh since these bikes are exported as well. Now probably they make a specific mph meter for exports.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks