Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2016, 14:01   #481
BHPian

Diwali greetings to everyone.
Majumdarda as you asked, I have clicked few pictures of bike when anti-rust is removed. And it didn't leave any residue.
Few simple steps-

1. Apply diesel on surface where in you have applied anti-rust.
2. Again apply a wet cloth soaked in diesel on same surfaces and rub it, and your job is done.
3. You will witness shining chrome.
4. Give your bike a good shampoo wash after it.

Note- Avoid spraying diesel on Disk.

Below few pics for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729635653.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729666035.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729718914.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729728620.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729741729.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729768396.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729793466.jpg  

Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 14:16   #482
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

A recent issue with the odometer cable and its being followed here:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4099913

One of the front number plate screws had fallen off and the search for the same was very tiring. The screw is such odd in length (cutting off is a solution, less preferred) that I could not procure in any usual hardware stores and was forced to make a visit to a spare part retailer. Initially I was told that the price of a single front number plate screw is rupees 33

But when I asked him to show the packaging, the price surprisingly reduced to 11. Still I believe its way too expensive.

Guys, for purchases wherein you are not taking the entire lot, please ask to show the packaging as from their you can calculate the unit pricing.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 00:00   #483
Senior - BHPian

A few moments back, Amun-Ra achieved the 40K mark.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20170327_203532_hdr.jpg

I have still not been able to rectify that erratic speedometer and seems the only solution is replacing the entire unit. At the moment, I do not want to go for the replacement as the readings mean more to me.

Amun-Ra was under wraps for nearly 2 weeks, but came back to life within a few minutes.

A small issue that has come up is the constant metallic sound. This was highlighted at the time of servicing too, but they could not resolve the same. After a gap of two weeks there has been a slight development, in that the sound has become more audible.

Its like a metallic clanging sound, and it comes when the speed increases to the limit of a particular gear. In other words, the sound comes alive, when the speed has reached the top in a particular gear slot. The sound comes alive and its like an indication for me to change over to the higher gear.

Obviously this is very irritating and seems another visit it likely very soon. The only problem with the service station is that they even do not know how the sound is coming and I just do not want them to permute-combine DIYs.

Please suggest possible solutions.

Tomorrow onwards, Amun-Ra and Pulsar will be having another company, in the form of a certain Kwid, 1.0L. I hope that they share the space efficiently.
Old 28th March 2017, 18:30   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
A few moments back, Amun-Ra achieved the 40K mark.
Congratulations sir, your thread has been a joy to read and it was one of the threads where I came to find solutions between the Classic 500 and Std 500 decision making.

Quote:
I have still not been able to rectify that erratic speedometer and seems the only solution is replacing the entire unit. At the moment, I do not want to go for the replacement as the readings mean more to me.
Here in mumbai we have a great speedomeeter repairer called Mr. George, who had repaired my previous CI Bullet's speedo, restored my Rx 135 5sp speedo and also now repaired the Classic 500's speedo meter. Hence I am sure there must be a repairer in your area too. In my case the gear inside the meter went faulty on my CL 500 and I got it repaired for a measely Rs. 100/- Also I had noted down the previous reading and had specifically told him to put that same reading once the meter is repaired.

Quote:
Tomorrow onwards, Amun-Ra and Pulsar will be having another company, in the form of a certain Kwid, 1.0L. I hope that they share the space efficiently.
Great car Kwid, congratulations. Did you buy the automatic one ?

Last edited by The Great : 28th March 2017 at 18:32.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 00:14   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Here in mumbai we have a great speedomeeter repairer called Mr. George, who had repaired my previous CI Bullet's speedo, restored my Rx 135 5sp speedo and also now repaired the Classic 500's speedo meter. Hence I am sure there must be a repairer in your area too. In my case the gear inside the meter went faulty on my CL 500 and I got it repaired for a measely Rs. 100/- Also I had noted down the previous reading and had specifically told him to put that same reading once the meter is repaired.
Great car Kwid, congratulations. Did you buy the automatic one ?
Thank you very much sir. I have checked with few of the local mechanics out here but none have been able to help me out. Will check again with others if they can be of any assistance.

Amun-Ra and Pulsar with the new member, Kwid. Sorry for the hazy image. I got the manual 1 liter version.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20170328_105259.jpg
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:14   #486
Senior - BHPian

Since yesterday the headlight has stopped working though the upper indicator in the console glows blue. Wonder if the light is fused or something else. Battery seems to be ok now (as I cannot operate the headlights)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4173649 (Royal Enfield Queries)

The metallic sound is also present and that means a visit to the service station with some definite inputs in mind.
Old 23rd April 2017, 06:38   #487
Senior - BHPian

Made good use of the weekend and repaired the headlight (30 minutes morning exercise). One of the wires had burnt out leaving huge copper deposits I could see green deposits on the wire mounting point where its connected to the bulb's connector. It was surprising as the points are hardly touched. Might be when the headlight was removed for "trying to repair my odometer cable at the service station" the guys had removed the points and then just connected it improperly. Might be natural wear and tear. Nevertheless liberal use of black tape has resolved the issue and the throw of the beam is back to stock experience.

Anyone aware of manufacturers who provides headlight bulbs for Bullet 500 and gives a generous through of light? Had inquired at one shop as initially I had presumed that the bulb has gone for a toss, and was advised that Philips do not fit bullets.
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:52   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Made good use of the weekend and repaired the headlight (30 minutes morning exercise). One of the wires had burnt out leaving huge copper deposits I could see green deposits on the wire mounting point where its connected to the bulb's connector. It was surprising as the points are hardly touched. Might be when the headlight was removed for "trying to repair my odometer cable at the service station" the guys had removed the points and then just connected it improperly. Might be natural wear and tear. Nevertheless liberal use of black tape has resolved the issue and the throw of the beam is back to stock experience.

Anyone aware of manufacturers who provides headlight bulbs for Bullet 500 and gives a generous through of light? Had inquired at one shop as initially I had presumed that the bulb has gone for a toss, and was advised that Philips do not fit bullets.
Any Phillips or Osram bulbs with H4 specs will be a direct fit. Assuming you ran on the bulbs that came from the factory, you can go in for a normal 55/ 60 w bulb. You can procure the same from any of the automobile sparepart shops. There is a shop called Santok auto centre at nanapeth, a little ahead of Bombay scooter house. You can buy bulbs of any brand from there. The headlight glass of my bike had cracked. Bought an Autopal Dome (250-300 bucks, RE ones cost 900 bucks) and a Osram 55/60 bulb from them. Light spread is way better now.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 13:50   #489
BHPian

Hello Bullet Gurus - I own a standard 500 and have done just about 3500 kms. In the past one month or so, have been hearing a weird knocking kind of noise - may be like a clutter ( something like tak tak tak) when I try to accelerate. This knocking sound appears when I just open the throttle at any speed. I get this when I try to accelerate at 20 KMPH or even at 50 KMPH. It then fades away and when I shift gear and open the throttle again, I get to hear that.

No luck at the authorised service centre as I was told to just keep riding and in fact I was also told that this is very common in Standard 500. Wasn't convincing and reaching to you all to seek your inputs and guidance.
Old 6th June 2017, 14:43   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Hello Bullet Gurus - I own a standard 500 and have done just about 3500 kms. In the past one month or so, have been hearing a weird knocking kind of noise - may be like a clutter ( something like tak tak tak) when I try to accelerate. This knocking sound appears when I just open the throttle at any speed. I get this when I try to accelerate at 20 KMPH or even at 50 KMPH. It then fades away and when I shift gear and open the throttle again, I get to hear that.

No luck at the authorised service centre as I was told to just keep riding and in fact I was also told that this is very common in Standard 500. Wasn't convincing and reaching to you all to seek your inputs and guidance.
Too early for sounds to be coming. Can you identify the source? If its coming from the Right side, then most probably its coming from the square metal box and the screws needs to be tightened.
Old 6th June 2017, 14:47   #491
BHPian

Majumdarda- thanks much for your response. No, it's not from the box, source seems to be the engine. I hear it where the exhaust point on the engine is. The SC guys are saying it's normal in std 500 but the sound just doesn't look like it is normal. So when I open the throttle it comes for about 2 mins before it fades.
Old 7th June 2017, 14:33   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post

My B500 made a similar noise while accelerating under load, I tried filling good quality fuel, adjusting the carb to run rich, even asked the dumb RE service center guys and nothing worked. My experience with the Thunderbird and B500 tells me that its a normal noise that the tappets make under load, it disappears when the bike gains some momentum and rpm's rise. If your's is the same case just plain ignore it or put a loud silencer
Old 7th June 2017, 14:41   #493
BHPian

Siddy yes, mine is very similar just that whether on load or no load, I get the noise. Well I'm just about 100 kgs so I guess there is no scenario of no load 😁 did you try ignition timing adjustment. Theoretically I understand that retarding should help.

RE ASS are worthless, at least based on my experience. Thanks for your inputs. If nothing works, guess will have to live with it.
Old 8th June 2017, 08:54   #494
Senior - BHPian

The problem with the RE aficionadoes is that any sound that comes out from this metal behemoth tends to be related to tappets. And to add to that fuel, is our honored RE service technicians (who will probably relate even a shorted headlight to that). But to be very frank, B500 is pretty new to have sound coming from tappets unless it has been fiddled with. The source is definitely somewhere else, usually at the least expected ones.

Try putting your query at the bullet query section. I am sure experts over there will come with more probable causes and solutions (usaully DIY ones)
Old 12th July 2017, 09:09   #495
Senior - BHPian

With the advent of the new ride, Amun-Ra is having loads of idle time. Weeks at an extent.

I had kept my Amun-Ra idle for nearly 2 weeks and when I tried to start, it just failed. I was expecting this outcome and the suspicion went towards the battery. A feeble sound was coming after the starter was pressed but no response when I tried using the kick.

As a probable solution, I took the battery for recharging and even that did not resolved the issue. I could just hear some faint sound coming from the starter motor assembly. A friend suggested that there might not be any issue with the battery but might be that current is not flowing through. Visual inspection did not indicate any broken wires. Spark plug gap was adjusted (I have to get something to open up the slimmer one). After nearly one and a half day, another friend suggested to clean the carburetor.

Now this is something which I wanted to avoid but considering the fact that there is none to attend to a stalled bullet at my residence and its no way possible for me to push this behemoth for a couple of kilometers, I referred the you tube and thankfully there was a video depicting exactly what I wanted. A pretty simple step in fact.

Out came the screw driver and process followed, some petrol dripped down through the drain channel and then it stopped. I hope that cleans the carb to the extent possible without physically opening it (My Pulsar requires the carb to be opened up for cleaning). And then I observed the shocking part

There is one metal band like structure which holds the carburetor to the engine body via a rubber tube. There is a screw attached to this metal band. This screw has gone loose resulting in part of the carburetor protruding out. Therefore when I am kicking, I can sense air jets coming from the open point (sounds like phat phat when one tries to kick start). The entire assembly could be pushed back effortlessly and then the screw tightened back. I am thankful that this did not happen while on motion (Flying Carburetor !!!)

Now Amun-Ra can be started with KS only but the ES does not respond! In my initial days also this problem was there and it was resolved with the right mixture of air and fuel. I guess I have to fiddle again to try and resolve this.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20170710_185621.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks