Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 06:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post

But if you buy one, you will not regret about your decision. I must say that the visual appeal and retro looks of the Vespa are great. But the premium it demands is huge. If you want to distinguish yourself from the crowd, Vespa is the best choice.
Yes I still might, am waiting for the Vespa 946 launch. Will check how that is priced, maybe they would discount present vespa then.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa outsells the Hero MotoCorp Splendor in September 2013

I always had a poor opinion about scooters, unless i was compelled to buy one for my wife.

Scooters are more practical if the usage is for smaller cities like Pune.
Cheaper to buy, maintain, can haul loads, abused, stress-free riding.

Bare bones bikes will always sell, since they constitute many first time buyers.

Activa has sold mostly by word of mouth publicity ( Most People are hard-wired to think that there is no scooter in market except for activa ,no car except maruti and no noodles except maggi )
Old 14th November 2013, 15:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa outsells the Hero MotoCorp Splendor in September 2013

Pune must be having Lion's share in this for sure !!! Pune has by far the worst public transport. Bus service here is just pathetic. So people has to buy a 2 wheeler for their convenience. It not only saves just time but also saves a lots of money as well. Bus service is costly & auto is way too expensive. Instead of auto one can afford 4 wheeler as well.

Any idea what are the numbers from the Activa competitors like Suzuki Access, TVS Wego etc?? I am sure they also must e doing good, specially Access. Its a cool scooter. We have both at home, one Activa & one Access. I always prefer Access. Its more powerful & more pleasure to drive.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks