Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2014, 13:02   #121
BHPian

Re: My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White

Great write-up and pictures!. I had booked my White 300 from Mumbai on the 28th of May after being promised a 45 day delivery period. They are apparently having some issues with procuring the bike only in the white colour, hence its delayed almost another 3 weeks.

Has anyone recently had a similar problem with delivery of the bike in white?
rikin_sampat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 21:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
They are apparently having some issues with procuring the bike only in the white colour, hence its delayed almost another 3 weeks. Has anyone recently had a similar problem with delivery of the bike in white?
Someone mentioned that the White is no longer manufactured on our N300 group. However, no concrete information on that. Hopefully, you'll receive yours soon. Good luck.
Old 7th July 2014, 21:13   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Someone mentioned that the White is no longer manufactured on our N300 group. However, no concrete information on that. Hopefully, you'll receive yours soon. Good luck.
Could you shed any more light on that rumour, for a lack of a better word for it. That would be very helpful. The dealership has been trying to push the green color on me since the day I booked it.
Old 7th July 2014, 21:51   #124
BHPian

err.. sorry to post non relevant posts on your thread Aviorp, but this thread is so sticky I do not wish to look into any other N300 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
Congrats Kanishk. You are really lucky to have a test drive. Can you pls PM me the formalities you went through?

Yeah, I have made the decision, my better half agreed too:-) but would probably wait for few more months as i need to do some savings.

How long is the waiting period??
[/b]
Sorry mate, But couldnt PM you. Waiting period for Green is damn low, and you can get a delivery within 10 days also. However, I insist, and I strongly do, that you should see your bike getting unboxed before delivery (which usually happens at the wearhouse 2-3 days before the delivery) They might hand you up a bike which is shown to 10^10 number of visitors, revved each time when a visitor wants to hear the sound and even TDed to some, like me. Different case as my intention was not to rev but to check the everyday drivability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
Great write-up and pictures!. I had booked my White 300 from Mumbai on the 28th of May after being promised a 45 day delivery period. They are apparently having some issues with procuring the bike only in the white colour, hence its delayed almost another 3 weeks.

Has anyone recently had a similar problem with delivery of the bike in white?
Dude white is available.! Yes the delivery is slow, but you should push them. Mumbai East showroom commits a delivery time of 20 days for white and they are usually bang on target on these. I should get my N300 by this sunday which is just a couple of weeks after booking. If you need further help, let me know!
Old 8th July 2014, 08:43   #125
BHPian

Oh well, nws Kanishk; is it possible for us to go and check things out in warehouse? Even if we do, I believe within that next 2-3 days they might still be doing what you said here. I believe it becomes all the more important now to find the best dealer in Bangalore for my booking. Even I am planning for white color, willing to wait that extra period (if needed).

Post some pics here when you get yours.
Old 8th July 2014, 09:52   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Oh well, nws Kanishk; is it possible for us to go and check things out in warehouse? Even if we do, I believe within that next 2-3 days they might still be doing what you said here. I believe it becomes all the more important now to find the best dealer in Bangalore for my booking. Even I am planning for white color, willing to wait that extra period (if needed).

Post some pics here when you get yours.
Yes you can, infact my dealer has promised to unbox and deliver the same say. Unboxing of a sports bike (howsoever small :P) is a view to cherish. Check out some your tube boxes on how the N300 is uncaged!!
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 11:17   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Yes you can, infact my dealer has promised to unbox and deliver the same say. Unboxing of a sports bike (howsoever small :P) is a view to cherish. Check out some your tube boxes on how the N300 is uncaged!!
Just saw a video, you are right; that's some sight. you got yours delivered yet??
Old 15th July 2014, 21:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw a video, you are right; that's some sight. you got yours delivered yet??
Yes I took the delivery. Also was able to see the unboxing myself. Ownership thread coming up over weekend! No more spams here
Old 16th July 2014, 13:02   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Yes I took the delivery. Also was able to see the unboxing myself. Ownership thread coming up over weekend! No more spams here
Oh Gr8, waiting for your Ninja ownership review; Please do include some pics as well. Hope you have got your riding gears as well.

For now, I am spending my free time in reading different reviews and watching videos. Going Crazy!!!
Old 31st August 2014, 13:28   #130
BHPian

Quote:
"No matter what marque you ride, its all the same wind"

Thank you for the review. I am seriously considering getting into the entry level sports bike with Kawasaki 300, and CBR 300R (yet to come) in the pipeline.

I see that you are from Bangalore, hence I have a practical question w.r.t. ground clearance. How often do you scrap the "unreasonable" humps on Bangalore roads? The records shows 125mm as against 145 for CBR 250r (or 300r).

Open question to all T-BHPians: Has anyone ever heard of retrofitting ABS in bikes? I spoke to Kawasaki guys, and they are not even considering taking requests for getting the ABS version even if customers are willing to pay for it. The biggest turn off for this marvelous 4lacs+ bike. Even the 650 does not have ABS? Duh!
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:10   #131
BHPian

Someone in our N300 gorup managed to fit ABS on his bike. So well, there is still hope in the world!
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:50   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
Thank you for the review. I am seriously considering getting into the entry level sports bike with Kawasaki 300, and CBR 300R (yet to come) in the pipeline.

I see that you are from Bangalore, hence I have a practical question w.r.t. ground clearance. How often do you scrap the "unreasonable" humps on Bangalore roads? The records shows 125mm as against 145 for CBR 250r (or 300r).

Open question to all T-BHPians: Has anyone ever heard of retrofitting ABS in bikes? I spoke to Kawasaki guys, and they are not even considering taking requests for getting the ABS version even if customers are willing to pay for it. The biggest turn off for this marvelous 4lacs+ bike. Even the 650 does not have ABS? Duh!
Even for me, not having ABS was THE biggest turnoff. However, this is one of the best bikes you can have in India!

But, Retrofitting an ABS is probably more dangerous than not having at all!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:33   #133
BHPian

I am planning to get a ninja , however wondering if I should wait for another month before I go for booking. is there an impact on depreciation?
Old 12th December 2014, 19:00   #134
BHPian

Anniversary Update

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-1318.jpg

We completed our First Anniversary on 24th Nov

After a year and 19K kms, riding on some of the best and worse roads, multiple 600+ kms in a day, she has not frowned one bit and in turn making me want to ride more. Importantly, I have learnt new techniques of riding, to keep it in the revv band to enjoy the best of both worlds - speeds n cruising. On most occasions, she has returned a mileage of 27+.

Service

The 18K service costed close to 5K, with Engine Oil/Oil Filter, Coolant replaced.

Rides & Pics

Rameshwaram

In August, we rode to Rameshwaram and this was after the ride to Kodachadri in June. This was during the 3-day weekend during Independence.

The only reason to ride here was to experience the Pamban bridge. Though we did go to Dhanushkodi (for the heck of it), the bridge was the main attraction. Took us close to 12 hours both ways.

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140815_141336.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140815_144138.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140815_144446.jpg

Malnad

This was another ride, I had been waiting for a long time. Finally, during the long weekend in October, after numerous discussions, a Silver Bull decided to do the sprint.

As much as Malnad is known for the lush greenery, it is a riders delight. Amidst that, these two had their own shares of joy -

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0687.jpg

Day 1 :

Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Tiptur -> Arsikere -> Kadur -> Shimoga - Jog : 395Kms

We left around 11:30PM and to our surprise, there was a massive traffic pile up on the Tumkur flyover. Luckily, we managed to maneuver pretty fast and crossed the toll in a jiffy. After that, it was smooth sailing till Tumkur. The Tiptur stretch has quite a number of twisties, but it also has a number of speed humps too. We reached Shimoga around 6AM and had delicious Idli, after the over night ride.

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20141002_061125.jpg

Few pics enroute Jog

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0622.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0641.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20141002_082111.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0664.jpg

We spent a couple of hours and headed towards Thirthahalli. The roads and vistas kept us awake, though we had done over 500Kms now. But, what if you want to take a short nap?

Simple and effective

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0684.jpg

She was loving the greenery around

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0698.jpg

Reached our hotel around noon, had a sumptuous lunch and hit the bed. Went around the town in the evening, some basic shopping, found the following day's route and crashed again.

Day 2 :

Thirthahalli - Kuppali - Agumbe - Kavaledurga - Kundadri - Sirimane Falls - Sringeri

Kuvempu's Home

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0711.jpg

My friend found this place enroute to Kundadri

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0742.jpg

Some scintillating vistas

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0754.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0756.jpg

Kundadri

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0773.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0774.jpg

Sirimane falls

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0802.jpg

Sringeri

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0840.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0847.jpg

The roads that lead us to these places were more fascinating than the place itself. Innumerable twisties made this day super special.

Day 3

Sringeri - Kudremukha - Hornadu - Bangalore

Sheer Bliss

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0849.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0865.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0876.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0889.jpg

We reached our respective homes by midnight. The highlight was definitely the old fella - The CI 350 dint skip a beat.

Last edited by aviorp : 12th December 2014 at 19:06.
aviorp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 19:48   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anniversary Update

We completed our First Anniversary on 24th Nov
Wow!! With the thread lying dormant for all these days, this was a superb update capturing the essence of your 19k kms experience!! Congrats on the anniversary and wishing you many many more happy miles and rides with your bike!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed