Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 13:49   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
This is a Chinese version of the SJCAM (Wifi SJ4000 - found it on ebay for 6K)

This is best I could find now. Let me know if this helps. If not, will share some better pics tomorrow.
Need few more better pics, if you can, please.

Few doubts,
1. How is the mount attached to the helmet?
2. Is the camera attached to the mount using threaded screw or something else?
3. I see a safety cord to hold the camera in case the mount gives up. Is it part of the kit or extra?
Old 29th August 2015, 22:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I'm complaining about the lack of having quality equipments like Givi or Blazesport.

..I haven't removed the rear mud guard
Yes, it sucks not having any option for a better integrated luggage, I agree. For such things, importing from US remains the only option so far. I was looking for a rear rack for keeping backpacks, but none such option exists here. Again, importing is the only choice here.

For some reasons, I felt the rear mud guard was removed! Glad to know that it was not
Old 30th August 2015, 12:19   #153
BHPian

Huge thanks to Aviorp and this thread, I have booked a Ninja 300 in white and should get it in 10 days. Was in a fix between this and Duke 390 and after multiple test rides back to back, this is definitely worth the extra money you spend on it, has a very easy learning curve and is hugely versatile.

In many ways this kind of compliments my XUV in the sense that both are great looking, very refined, comfortable, effortless and hugely versatile all rounders that should be a great fun to ride/drive and own.

@Aviorp, This is a great thread with great writing and awesome pics which has influenced many into booking a N300 I am sure, great work!
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:46   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Huge thanks to Aviorp and this thread, I have booked a Ninja 300 in white and should get it in 10 days.

Just out of curiosity...why not the Yamaha R3?
Old 31st August 2015, 14:56   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Need few more better pics, if you can, please.
These are the various mounts. All of them are part of the Camera kit.

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-mounts.jpg

The strap for holding the camera is plugged into the inner cushion insert.

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-helmet-mount.jpg

Hope this helps
aviorp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 17:22   #156
BHPian

Here is a short video clip enroute Arcot from Tindivanam. Wish I could have heard such music on the actual ride

Old 2nd September 2015, 12:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Well, the bike is not even available for display here in Bangalore even after 3 weeks of launch (Very bad attitude of people in charge with respect to any query), does not have slipper clutch and I have no idea how it would perform in Indian conditions. (Though I am sure Yamaha has everything covered and this bike does sell in south east asian countries) Whereas Ninja has been available for 2 years and we know what to expect.

Performance wise, from the video reviews, there is not much to choose between R3 and Ninja.

Right now, I am only worried about how the Ninja would perform in some very bad stretches I get every day. On paper, R3 has better ground clearance and R3 guy says it will be available for display by end of this week with a possible test ride.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:37   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Well, the bike is not even available for display here in Bangalore even after 3 weeks of launch (Very bad attitude of people in charge with respect to any query), does not have slipper clutch and I have no idea how it would perform in Indian conditions. (Though I am sure Yamaha has everything covered and this bike does sell in south east asian countries) Whereas Ninja has been available for 2 years and we know what to expect.

Performance wise, from the video reviews, there is not much to choose between R3 and Ninja.

Right now, I am only worried about how the Ninja would perform in some very bad stretches I get every day. On paper, R3 has better ground clearance and R3 guy says it will be available for display by end of this week with a possible test ride.
Is there anything which can beat the white Ninja in the looks department ? Anyway, I know this is not the only parameter . Today, I saw a White Ninja (a new one just out of the showroom) in flesh for the first time and I was stunned by its gorgeous looks. I couldn't resist taking away my eyes from the Ninja. Anyway, advanced wishes to Aniket6.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:03   #159
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my experience of owning a Ninja 300 MY 16 (ZX-10R Anniversary Edition) and how this happened.

I got the delivery from KTM Kawasaki Talegaon on 11th June' 2016 and the un-boxing was a special thing that struck me and felt something big was coming my way.

I have done about 2,000Kms by now; owned a KTM Duke 390 and run 16,000Kms previously to Ninja 300.

I was fairly happy with the Duke; however being a tall person (185Cms), it was difficult to cruise on highways because of the wind blast and fatigue creeping in very early.

I had done Goa from Pune which is about 500Kms but wasn't comfortable after 400Kms and started tiring down because of the upright stance, hard seat and wind blast.

Moving on, it was difficult to come to a decision over a KTM RC 390 or Kawasaki Ninja 300 since I was not convinced on the faired bikes in the 600cc segment available in India (Triumph Daytona out of my budget as of now).

RC 390 MY 16 has great features to offer which are an add-on to the earlier RC 390 at almost negligible price increase-

- Front disk diameter increased to 320mm
- Slipper Clutch
- Extended mirrors for better visibility

Because of this big elephant in the room, i was required to review my need, my personality and better drive-ability (cruising comfortably) on Indian highways.

I had ridden the RC 390 before of a friends to see if it was comfortable and is the committed position OK for me to ride longer whenever I wanted to?

I wasn't comfortable. The compact tuck-in position took a toll on my legs, hard seat and too much committed position to ride hundreds of Kms.

Then came the big leap of Kawasaki Ninja 300; which almost cost me double the cost then RC 390 and had to let-go off the bizarre acceleration the KTMs have.

I won't go into the deep dive of numbers, as it those aren't convincing to buy the Ninja over the RC.

Features which I observed and felt necessary for most of the riders over RC 390 -

Special Edition MY 16
Twin Cylinder for a 296cc engine
Awesome refinement of the engine with better sounding exhaust
Miles ahead in terms of built quality, plastics and paint job
almost zero vibes even at even high speeds
bigger comfortable rider and pillion seat
Linear torque
6th gear drive-able even at low speeds
No jerks in-between corners even at high gears low speed unlike KTMs
A head-turner, better looks
Felt more grounded on the highways
Very stable at high speeds
Zero fatigue even after riding 400Kms (longest ridden uptill now)
A non-ABS bike but a 290mm petal disk work better than the KTMs coming down from high speeds.
Last but not the least, Ninja 300 is far better performer at higher RPMs which feels like a complete bike even though it costs more.

I had the budget and after a long debate and scrutiny on the need Vs feature list with fellow TBHPian friends, it had to come down to Ninja 300.

Cheers,
Amey
Attached Thumbnails
My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-13407227_10153572026350598_8907645296799836904_n.jpg  

Amey Kulkarni is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:03   #160
BHPian

Quote:
hi,

Personally, I did not below things of the R3 -

Getting a legendary bike Ninja 300 at marginal difference.
Did not like the design of the bike
Vibrations post 7000RPM (ownership posts i read)
Bulit quality not upto the mark
Paint job on the rims is poor
MRF tyres a big NO
Mix feedback from the market

Spending over Rs 3.50 Lakhs, Ninja 300 i feel is a better buy (A know bike).
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:40   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I would like to share my experience of owning a Ninja 300 MY 16 (ZX-10R Anniversary Edition) and how this happened.
Nice comparison mate!
Your decision of buying the Ninja 300 sounds perfect after reading what you wanted out of a motorcycle, including touring.
Yes, the kwacker is a great tourer, I was really happy to the stock bungee hooks on all kawasaki's! The refinement is truly top notch, can't make out if the engine is running or no.
Can you share your comments on how the Ninja corners over the duke and does the additional 20 kilos make any difference? Additionally, please share your service cost breakup too.

TIA! Wish you lots of happy miles on your new Green beast
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:10   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Special Edition MY 16
Dear Amey
Congratulations for the new acquisition.

Nicely written quick review and your thought process in finalizing the Ninja.

Do you find the Ninja as Nimble in the twisties, like the Duke ?
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:05   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Nice comparison mate!

Your decision of buying the Ninja 300 sounds perfect after reading what you wanted out of a motorcycle, including touring.

Yes, the kwacker is a great tourer, I was really happy to the stock bungee hooks on all kawasaki's! The refinement is truly top notch, can't make out if the engine is running or no.

Can you share your comments on how the Ninja corners over the duke and does the additional 20 kilos make any difference? Additionally, please share your service cost breakup too.

Hi Siddy,

I find it very nimble over the Duke as it has a lower seat height and slip on handles making the rider in a forward biased position (not as aggressive as the RC though). 172kgs Vs 150kgs odd don't even feel it anywhere as the wheelbase is longer and weight distribution is just perfect.

The cost of service is around Rs 3500/- for the first service i did.

Cheers,
Amey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Dear Amey

Congratulations for the new acquisition.

Nicely written quick review and your thought process in finalizing the Ninja.

Do you find the Ninja as Nimble in the twisties, like the Duke ?

Hi Satyen,

It's a very nimble bike, definitely than the Duke 390.
The seat height, forward biased position is just perfect for the corners and touring.

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd August 2016 at 17:22. Reason: Merging Posts
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 12:11   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Nice comparison mate!

Siddy, regarding your query of the cornering of N300 Vs Duke 390

I feel the Ninja would take the duke while entering and sticking to the curve; however the exit is gonna be stronger on the Duke!

Cheers,
Amey
Old 17th August 2016, 11:37   #165
BHPian

Quote:

Btw guys, I had finally cancelled the booking for N300 and bought the R3 on 9th September 2015. Love both R3 and N300 equally!

Most Viewed