Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2013, 14:24   #16
BHPian

re: Which motorcycle for a short person?

I suggest the bajaj avenger, it has a low seating position and comfortable to ride, I've seen some avengers clock some serious distance over the years.

IMO, The avenger is considerably fuel efficient, perfect for short riders and somewhat flickable in traffic and works just as a commuter bike is supposed to... It's relatively easy to use at 154 kg.
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 14:47   #17

You can also try the new Bajaj 100M, good bike and good mileage too. am not sure if the height of the bike will cause problems.
aashish.shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 18:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I suggest the bajaj avenger, it has a low seating position and comfortable to ride, I've seen some avengers clock some serious distance over the years.

IMO, The avenger is considerably fuel efficient, perfect for short riders and somewhat flickable in traffic and works just as a commuter bike is supposed to... It's relatively easy to use at 154 kg.
Avenger is not 100 cc bike, its 200 cc bike. Mileage is some where around 40-45 kmpl, which is not exactly fuel efficient.

But it a perfect bike for short people and easy to ride.
Old 27th December 2013, 19:09   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

The OP's requirements are:

1) Commuter Oriented
2) Fuel Efficient
3) Bike shouldn't be Tall

The Avenger losses out on points 1 & 2 and moreover it is long a bike which is going to be a pain in cut traffic to maneuver it. It will be a way highway milecruncher but not for City.

As told by F150, 40-45 kmpl ain't fuel efficient in any angle when seen. 60 kmpl + will be considered so choices come down to Hero Splendor, Honda Shine and Dream Yuga are my choices and order of preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Avenger is not 100 cc bike, its 200 cc bike. Mileage is some where around 40-45 kmpl, which is not exactly fuel efficient.

But it a perfect bike for short people and easy to ride.
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th December 2013 at 19:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 19:42   #20
BHPian

check Bajaj bikes' saddle height. It might be lesser than Her, oqwing to 17" wheels. Bonus is Tubeless tyres in 125cc bikes.
motionfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 19:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

If the Enfield diesel is still available, it would be a good choice! Dilip Bam once wrote it runs almost on love and pure air!

I have been using a Splendor for the past 12 years and am very very happy with it.

I hear good things about the Bajaj Platina too.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 22:46   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If the Enfield diesel is still available, it would be a good choice!
+1

I would be a definite customer for the RE is it was avaliable in diesel. Just imagine the ride after a RD Box addition.

Anurag.
Old 27th December 2013, 23:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think the Hero Splendor is a no-brainer choice here. I will say it's one of the best bikes that you can get that will fulfill all the criteria. It's also still one of the best bikes to own and ride, bulletproof reliability and almost zero maintenance. Now that this is a discussion of commuter bikes for a short person, I would like to ask what is the difference between the Dream Yuga & Neo? (ot question)
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 23:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Now that this is a discussion of commuter bikes for a short person, I would like to ask what is the difference between the Dream Yuga & Neo? (ot question)
Same underpinnings as the yuga with different clothes.

To the OP, ask your colleague to try the Honda Dream Yuga/Neo as well as Splendor. Passion as pointed out might be an issue as it has slightly wider seat which might be an issue to place the feet on the ground. Dream yuga seems to be a good choice which will run trouble free for quite a number of years. Splendor though tried and tested, does not have that feel of quality the older gen splendors like the one's owned by Gansan.

Another contender would be the TVS Sport. Looks good in White-Red or White-Blue color combo. I saw one Sport at the ASC which has run 65k kms. It has not had any major overhauls except for normal consumables. Confirmed this with the owner who arrived a short while later. As per the customer the mileage he was getting was in the tune of 75+ for the first 35k kms. After that he is getting around 65+. Of course this is just one example that i personally saw, so you might have to consider a larger sample size before going for one.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 00:04   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I would like to ask what is the difference between the Dream Yuga & Neo? (ot question)
There is no difference between the two. Both share a 109cc same engine and gearbox. Honda claims an identical mileage of 74kmpl for the Neo and Yuga as well. At about Rs 3,000 less, the Neo is definitely a cheaper option to the Yuga, especially with virtually no difference in their specs.

Prices (ex-Mumbai)

Yuga - Rs 50667 - Rs 52776;

Neo - Rs 46140 - Rs 50426.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for all your replies guys.
Inspite of the lengthy in-cafeteria arguments and all the web TD's that he took, he has decided to go in for a... wait for this... Honda Activa.
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:07   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Thank you for all your replies guys.
Inspite of the lengthy in-cafeteria arguments and all the web TD's that he took, he has decided to go in for a... wait for this... Honda Activa.

But it is Ok till the person who is going to ride the two-wheeler is happy and determined as to what he wants rather make a purchase that he wasn't really happy of.

Anurag.
Old 13th January 2022, 21:37   #28
BHPian

Bike for a short person

I am 25 years old, 5.2 feet height, 52 kg weight. I cannot ride a bike. But I have car driving experience of approximately 85000 km. Now I am looking to purchase my first bike. Here are my requirements:

Special requirement: I am just 5 feet 2 inches and height in 52 kg in weight. I want to know which bikes I can handle in my physique.
Budget: Maximum 2.5 lakhs ex-showroom not flexible
Biking skill: Zero. I will learn to ride a bike. I can ride bicycles.
Performance Required: Max speed of 110-120 kmph
Brand and Model: Open for anything

Last edited by indrasis_gun : 13th January 2022 at 22:20.
indrasis_gun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 06:43   #29
BHPian

Re: Bike for a short person

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
Now I am looking to purchase my first bike.
Your location says, UK. Are you going to buy in the UK? Budget says 2.5L , could be India as well. Just making sure, before I chime in
GutsyGibbon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 06:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bike for a short person

Assuming India, test ride an Avenger - might just be right one for you.
If you are open to scooters, there are few more options.
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed