Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 16:13   #16
BHPian

re: Back to the Hero Honda Karizma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Congrats desideep on getting the ZMA!

I'm getting good ideas on removing the fairing, I have a couple of broken body panels and I'm thinking now whether it would be feasible to buy a whole set of.plastics and tank.

Does anyone know how much all plastics including mudguard but excluding fairing and tank cost new?

Dunno the price in A$$, but in Nana Peth (PUNE) when last enquired the cost of all the plastic including fairing, side panels , back panels was roughly 6k. And that includes all the stickers as well.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
I feel you, but that wont stop me and I shall persevere . Below is a shoddy PS job to hook you up. How about going the vinyl way? Not too expensive and totally reversible. Smoke the tail light as well. Will look kickass. What Say?
Attachment 1188213
220 handled alright but was nowhere in league of unicorn or Zma. Power delivery was staggering and addictive.
Now that you have logged serious kms on Zma how do you compare the handling?
cheers
Vishwas
Vishwas man like they say in Hindi TUMNE MERE MUH KI BAAT BOLDI , i was thinking of the same go the Vinyl way. so that i can keep it all original and still have a nice looking bike. as you see the last karizma has no stickers on it and same will be the case with this one.

I dont know how to put it in words but to me Karizma seems to have more sory of a relaxed body language when it comes to handling.

Quote:
I'm getting good ideas on removing the fairing, I have a couple of broken body panels and I'm thinking now whether it would be feasible to buy a whole set of.plastics and tank.
Does anyone know how much all plastics including mudguard but excluding fairing and tank cost new?
I was quoted around 6000 for all the original rear body panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Hi vishwaschettri,
Wow, I am honoured that someone is inspired by that bike. I built that bike up for a friend. it has a 2inch lift up front and a 1inch lift at the rear and was a real hoot to throw around bad roads. It also had a flexi front fender, wide MX hand bars ,tvs XL headlamp fairing! (yes u read it ryt)...etc.
I was smitten by that bug sooo hard that I had to revisit that temple.
Here's the second attempt, although not a Zma it does have that awesome motor in it.
Nice work Nitro on the Karizma. i am not much of a Off-road bikes fan so that's why don't prefer the Impulse. though i did want to go for a Impulse and plonk a ZMA engine in it. but not this time.

I just cant wait to come home and have a look at the bike and start putting some miles on the bike.

Last edited by desideep : 8th January 2014 at 16:17.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The Unicorn with a powerful engine and same chassis is a gem to own just like the Karizma.
+1 Anurag. The chasis/monoshock combination are brilliant & honda reliability is unbelievable. I am closing a lakh km with three Leh trips (all with pillion and luggage) and still on stock clutch and first overbore. And i do not pussyfoot my rides.
I wish they had launched it with a 200-250 single at around 1 lakh price.

Quote:
Wow, I am honoured that someone is inspired by that bike. I built that bike up for a friend. it has a 2inch lift up front and a 1inch lift at the rear and was a real hoot to throw around bad roads.
Hi Nitro,
It is a good looking bike with working mods. Rear shocks are extended by new mounting brackets I can see, how are the front shocks extended? Pumps at the bottom of inner rod or rods from some other bike altogether?
Quote:
tvs XL headlamp fairing! (yes u read it ryt)
OH YES OFCOURSE!! I have been scratching my head trying to place the fairing, looked so familiar. Thanks for the insight, else it would have remained wedged in my mind. Looks brilliant like it belongs to the ride.
Quote:
Here's the second attempt, although not a Zma it does have that awesome motor in it.
Does it has ZMA motor in it? If yes than please start a separate thread with details. Many here would love to know about this mod which is becoming very popular now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Vishwas man like they say in Hindi TUMNE MERE MUH KI BAAT BOLDI , i was thinking of the same go the Vinyl way. so that i can keep it all original and still have a nice looking bike. as you see the last karizma has no stickers on it and same will be the case with this one.
Hahaha... LOL. Than get on with it man. There used to be a vinyl and no. plate shop in karolbagh market opposite the RD350 showroom (Joga Motors?) run by a sardarji who had a very good eye for detail.
Your thread has rekindled so many buried desires in my heart. Second hand premium bikes pose such good VFM proposition. I need to stay away from this thread else will end up buying one

cheers
Vishwas
Old 13th January 2014, 08:49   #19
BHPian

Re: Back to the Hero Honda Karizma

Quote:

The front mudguard cost a bomb approx 1200/- without any rubber gromet or mounting clamps.The front side fairings cost ~1100 a piece.These were the prices a year back.

Am not sure on plastics but many parts after the Honda-Hero slit have gone cheap. The chain tensioner, timing chain, major kit, switch gears have become cheaper now.
Asif 6959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 14:29   #20
BHPian

HI Desideep!

Did you use the Pulsar Headlight Kaans or the OEM CD dawn kaans on the red and black(previous) Karizmas?

Was it A DIY or did you get that fitted somewhere else?
Old 13th January 2014, 20:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
The front mudguard cost a bomb approx 1200/- without any rubber gromet or mounting clamps.The front side fairings cost ~1100 a piece.These were the prices a year back.
Wow. So the new body panel plans have been shelved, hoerver I'll still get a new front mudguard.

I have the same questions as Manoj, which kaans fit the ZMA, rather which ones are on your bike now?
Old 15th January 2014, 09:01   #22
BHPian

@SunyBoi my bike is completely stock with all body panels intact and in place.

The kaans that you are talking about , if i get it right you are talking about the clamps/headlight stay. IMO the best bet would be to use the Ambitions headlight and the clamps from it. Maybe difficult to source but will fit best.

other option is from the last RX-135 series, but this would have to be checked.
Old 1st April 2014, 14:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True said Amit, i have never been a fan of faired bike, with my last karizma also i did not have the Faring on it. the main thing is that Mrs. will be comfy.

this is what my old bike looked like.

Duke was just way to stiff for our liking. may be the bad back is catching up fast now.
The black zma in its naked avatar looks awesome.I have a 2012 ZMA and intend to put in a round headlight.Couple of questions i need to ask,hope you don't mind.
1-Which headlight did you use?I intend to go for the new tb headlight,the one with the angel eyes and projector.
2-Which mountings did you use to mount the headlight?I have a suzuki samurai's headlight mounts with me.
3-Did you keep the speedometer at its stock position or did you have to relocate it?If yes what type of clamps did you use?
Looking forward for your reply.
Old 14th April 2014, 03:37   #24
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 2004 Red Zma and the flarings have faded a bit and the whole assembly is noisy. I was in two minds if i should change the front Faring and side panels OR replace it completely with a round headlight (and loose the look of the bike)
I would really appreciate if some one can guide me in this regard. If anyone done the mod using a round dome, please provide details (pictures will help)

I am from Pune and would like to connect with someone who has done these changes to his Zma or is in the process.

Thanks!
Old 1st June 2014, 18:18   #25
BHPian

Just changed the front fairing (L&R) Kept the original headlight assembly as it is. Each side fairing costs 2300/-

There are two mounting projections
(plastic) on the headlight assembly which keep it in place which are broken. I want to do some jugaad to fix it. I am sure some one using their bike for long must have faced this issue. It happens to snap due to the weight of the sealed headlight assembly.
Can some one guide me as to how i can fix it this?
Old 11th August 2014, 18:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Work kept me extremely busy to do any works on the bike and update the thread, after looking at SUNNY BOI's post today; I thought this is the time to update.

Here are a few photos attached for the bike how it looks.

- A few body panels have been changed.
- Disk setup from the black Karizma has been moved to this one.
- New Master cylinder 1.2 for front disk.
- As the carb on the black Karizma was brand new it was swapped on this one.
- The bike will get some new front rubber.

To be done

- Will try to fabricate a more purposeful grab rail.
- Headlight ring has rust on it, getting it powder coated.
- Leg guard from CBZ Extreme.
- Try to get a boxer fairing for the headlight.
Attached Thumbnails
Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img20140602wa0000.jpg  

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img20140602wa0001.jpg  

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img20140602wa0002.jpg  

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img20140602wa0003.jpg  

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img20140602wa0004.jpg  

desideep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 18:37   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All,
After looking at SUNNY BOI's post today; I thought this is the time to update.

- The bike will get some new front rubber.
Exactly same thought I got after I read Sunny Boi's pay on the 2nd life he gave to his bike. Thinking to do the same to my ZMA R. Though I'll only need a minor work on engine. Body panels area the most that have suffered and need a change.

I advice to change both the front and rear tyres at a time. Do it even if the rear has thread.

Anurag.
Old 11th August 2014, 18:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Exactly same thought I got after I read Sunny Boi's pay on the 2nd life he gave to his bike. Thinking to do the same to my ZMA R. Though I'll only need a minor work on engine. Body panels area the most that have suffered and need a change.

I advice to change both the front and rear tyres at a time. Do it even if the rear has thread.

Anurag.

Actually the tyres are new, the only problem is that the front on is not a tubeless. I would like to have tubeless tyre for the obvious reasons.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for liking the Black ZMA, it was very close to my heart, but we had to let it go.

1 - I have used a Lumax headlight it supports a H4 bulb i think this is from HH Ambition. I think you should be able to use the TB headlight i don't see a reason why it would not fit.
2 - i have used the Aluminium Mountings that are slides and boltes on the Legs of suspension.

3- I have removed the mounting for the Speedo console. i have made a custom mount for the Meter and bolted it to the Aluminium mountings.

I will try to take a few photos and post them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The black zma in its naked avatar looks awesome.I have a 2012 ZMA and intend to put in a round headlight.Couple of questions i need to ask,hope you don't mind.
1-Which headlight did you use?I intend to go for the new tb headlight,the one with the angel eyes and projector.
2-Which mountings did you use to mount the headlight?I have a suzuki samurai's headlight mounts with me.
3-Did you keep the speedometer at its stock position or did you have to relocate it?If yes what type of clamps did you use?
Looking forward for your reply.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 16:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for liking the Black ZMA, it was very close to my heart, but we had to let it go.

1 - I have used a Lumax headlight it supports a H4 bulb i think this is from HH Ambition. I think you should be able to use the TB headlight i don't see a reason why it would not fit.
2 - i have used the Aluminium Mountings that are slides and boltes on the Legs of suspension.

3- I have removed the mounting for the Speedo console. i have made a custom mount for the Meter and bolted it to the Aluminium mountings.

I will try to take a few photos and post them soon.
Some pics would really be helpful.I am in the process of doing the conversion.I do have the HH ambition dome with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks