Old 12th August 2014, 16:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Back to the Hero Honda Karizma

This should help
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0602wa0003.jpg
Old 27th January 2015, 01:26   #32
BHPian

I just opened the front fairing on my 2004 Karizma since it was making a lot of noise. Need help to fix the broken plastic holders behind the sealed headlight assembly (not planning to replace the original one as it is Lumax). Has anyone found out how it can be done?

Thanks!

*Attaching the pictures for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-20150126_220500_best.jpg  

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-20150126_220538_best.jpg  

Old 27th January 2015, 11:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
I just opened the front fairing on my 2004 Karizma since it was making a lot of noise. Need help to fix the broken plastic holders behind the sealed headlight assembly (not planning to replace the original one as it is Lumax). Has anyone found out how it can be done?
Get hold of caps from a Reynolds 045 pen. cut the long part off and stick it to the headlight using araldite. Give it a day or two to harden then fix it back.

In my case, the caps were given some metal reinforcement. Unfortunately I don't have pictures at the moment.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Get hold of caps from a Reynolds 045 pen. cut the long part off and stick it to the headlight using araldite. Give it a day or two to harden then fix it back.

In my case, the caps were given some metal reinforcement. Unfortunately I don't have pictures at the moment.
Thanks. Are the original holders made of metal?
I will this a try since i have it all opened up. This jugaad should suffice than getting a new headlight assembly
Old 27th January 2015, 19:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Are the original holders made of metal?
I will this a try since i have it all opened up. This jugaad should suffice than getting a new headlight assembly
Original are plastic as well.

All the holders on my headlight were broken. Reinforced them all along with all fasteners on the fairings, now kept it n the attic and running a round headlamp
Old 27th January 2015, 19:33   #36
BANNED

Quote:

I own a 2009 model Karizma R in black. Do you have an idea what the prices are for the following:

1) Air filter cover A + B
2) Battery cover A + B
3) Rear kowl on which 'Karizma' sticker is pasted (Need the right side)

All the above 3 are broken/cracked. Have tried two Hero spares but not one stocks these parts or gives the prices.

Need help guys what to do.
Old 27th January 2015, 20:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I own a 2009 model Karizma R in black. Do you have an idea what the prices are for the following:

1) Air filter cover A + B
2) Battery cover A + B
3) Rear kowl on which 'Karizma' sticker is pasted (Need the right side)

All the above 3 are broken/cracked. Have tried two Hero spares but not one stocks these parts or gives the prices.

Need help guys what to do.
You can find a comprehensive price list here: http://aneeshatxbhp.weebly.com/kariz...rice-list.html

I am also facing the same issue as the plastic spares including the inner plastic cowl are not available due to shortage. Mine is a Cherry Red model and the plastics are simply not available.
Old 1st February 2015, 12:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:

All the holders on my headlight were broken. Reinforced them all along with all fasteners on the fairings, now kept it n the attic and running a round headlamp
Plan B: I intend to do the same using a round HH Ambition or a Fiero FX headlight.
For now, i created the holders using Gillette presto razors .
Had to file the end and fuse them using Mseal. Also painted the cowl and added some padding to absorb the rattle.
Putting the assembly back on the bike, matching the holders was a tiring task for a single person...I hope i will not have to open it soon...or else i will go for Plan B

I want to know which leg guard would fit best on the Karizma (no engine cover). The one from Stunner, Bajaj xcd or any other. Please Advice!
Old 1st February 2015, 13:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plan B: I intend to do the same using a round HH Ambition or a Fiero FX headlight.
For now, i created the holders using Gillette presto razors .
Had to file the end and fuse them using Mseal. Also painted the cowl and added some padding to absorb the rattle.
Putting the assembly back on the bike, matching the holders was a tiring task for a single person...I hope i will not have to open it soon...or else i will go for Plan B

I want to know which leg guard would fit best on the Karizma (no engine cover). The one from Stunner, Bajaj xcd or any other. Please Advice!
Awesome

I use a Bajaj Boxer 150 headlight + fairing. Very good beam pattern and throw. Also use a Pulsar crashguard, primarily because its narrower than the rest and thats important navigating in Blore traffic.

Go for CBZ crashguard if you want a wider one.

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img_20140811_084154.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 13:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome

I use a Bajaj Boxer 150 headlight + fairing. Very good beam pattern and throw. Also use a Pulsar crashguard, primarily because its narrower than the rest and thats important navigating in Blore traffic.

Go for CBZ crashguard if you want a wider one.

Attachment 1334898
Ur bike and the headlight mod looks awesome!

I want a Guard which would not brush with the fairing and leaves a sufficient gap (or it might hit the fairing in case there is a impact)
I will check the CBZ crashguard fits. Thanks!

Id love a a bigger headlight and good quality reflector since i am using a 55/60 bulb in the current setup. I also intend to keep the meter console intact during this mod. Any suggestions?
Old 1st February 2015, 13:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Id love a a bigger headlight and good quality reflector since i am using a 55/60 bulb in the current setup. I also intend to keep the meter console intact during this mod. Any suggestions?
Boxer 150 has a 8inch headlight. I'm using Philips Xtremevision 60/55 in it

I have retained stock meters with this setup

Back to the Hero Honda Karizma-img_20140811_0654122.jpg
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Boxer 150 has a 8inch headlight. I'm using Philips Xtremevision 60/55 in it

I have retained stock meters with this setup

Attachment 1334917
Looks like a clean fit. I would love to have the same on my bike. Is the reflector quality good for a 60/55? Also, will i get a "Cherry Red" fairing to match my bikes color?

I mentioned the Fiero Fx (8") headlight assembly because the throw and quality is best! But I am not sure of its availability

About the crash-guard, i have shortlisted Bajaj Xcd, Stunner and CBZ.
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a clean fit. I would love to have the same on my bike. Is the reflector quality good for a 60/55? Also, will i get a "Cherry Red" fairing to match my bikes color?

I mentioned the Fiero Fx (8") headlight assembly because the throw and quality is best! But I am not sure of its availability

About the crash-guard, i have shortlisted Bajaj Xcd, Stunner and CBZ.
Beam quality and light output is very good. You can see pics of it in action here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3592228
Old 6th February 2015, 22:06   #44
BHPian

"Go for CBZ crashguard if you want a wider one."

Just got a black powder-coated CBZ Leg Guard for my Karizma. With a longer bolt, it fit perfect leaving space between the fairing and the guard.
Cost: Guard: Rs. 450/- , Labor: 80/-

Thanks SunnyBoi!
Old 10th March 2015, 19:02   #45
BHPian

Hello guys,

My cousin who shifted base from desi-land to next-punjab, left his 2007 Karizma R with me. The bike is most abused bike I have ever seen as he was living with some friends for a very long time so the bike has been handled by nearly 10-12 people over the period. He had the engine rebuilt last year but from what I see, he was just conned by the mechanic. There is still leakage from the engine (on the clutch side), the rear right panel is broken, the speedometer isnt working, nor is the headlight, the horn just broke form its fitting and is tied using a string to the handle, there are dents here and there and all the panels are rattling.The electric start is also not working. The digital console ahs its own mind, sometimes it displays the digits but rest of the time it doesnt work. God knows how my cousin was using it. And he still doesnt want to sell it off, says had memories and sentiments attached to it.

Now I wish to restore the bike as I wouldnt like it to be just sitting in the parking like an old donkey. It would be really helpful of you guys if you know of any good, trustable mechanic in Pune who can help me restore the bike.

I wish to rebuild the engine, get the electricals sorted, paint the bike in two-tone(red and black) remove the fairing and add round headlight, change the disk brake assembly, if possible add rear disk brakes. For all this I have kept a budget of 30k(half coming from m cousin).

I enquired with a bike modifier, and he quoted 50k just to give it a scrambler look, engine work and electrical work would be extra. I seriuosly think thats a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks