Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:28   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

Suzuki has introduced two new dual-tone colour schemes for the Gixxer. The motorcycle will now also be available in Metallic Triton Blue with Pearl Mirage White (BAQ) and Candy Antares Red with Glass Sparkle Black (APS). Suzuki claims that these schemes have been inspired by its traditional racing colours.

The side frames of the bike will be colour-coordinated with its new dual-tone schemes and it gets clear lens turn indicators.

The Gixxer is priced at Rs. 77,166. (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-black-red.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-white-blue.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-black-red-side.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2015 at 16:30.
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 11:51   #47
BHPian

re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

It would be great if you folks can pitch in and offer your suggestion on the following problem.

My Gixxer has now completed around 16/17k km in 18 months of ownership.

Of late the rear end of the bike has started swaying badly and I have to slow down to almost walking pace to stop this movement. Also I believe that the chain sprocket has gone bust as it makes a racket.

I had taken it to the authorized service Centre to rectify the swaying issue and the advisor said that there might be a problem with the chain sprocket and he asked me to replace it. I was not convinced on how replacing the chain sprocket would solve the swaying issue. I left the place thanking him for his services.

Today, rear wheel got punctured and while getting it fixed I noticed that there were cracks on the side walls and air was leaking from there. I asked the MRF guy for warranty and he said that the tyre is out of warranty.

Casually I told him about the swaying problem and he offered to check it. He removed the rear tyre and checked for play in the swing arm. To my horror the swing arm apart from the up and down movement, also went from side to side.

The MRF guy told me that this could be the cause for swaying and he asked me to take it to the service centre to replace the swing arm bush (stay bush??). He also added that this could be one of reasons for the tyre walls and chain sprocket to get damaged.

As usual, the A.S.S guys are not solving the problem and they are keen on replacing the chain sprocket. Any advice on this? Also suggest any knowledgeable A.S.S in Chennai.
katchkamalesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 13:43   #48
BHPian

Re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

I am facing an issue with my Gixxer. The box where air filter is placed has opened up from one of the edge. This edge faces the rear mud guard. Looks like there was some sort of sealing in the plastic box which has worn out. Due to this lot of dust is entering the box where air filter is placed.
Has anyone else faced this issue? As per the ASS they told that similar issue was seen is some more bikes and as this is not a damage, can be replaced under warranty. But my bike has crossed warranty period so I will have to pay for it. Cost is about 1k-1.2k.
As of now I have sealed the place with 3M tape. But will have to soon can it fixed.
Old 24th March 2018, 16:59   #49
BHPian

In an appalling service blunder the service center had used a cheap screw instead of the recommended bolt.

Resulted in screw and the associated spring to come out. They got crushed and sheared the clutch causing complete clutch damage and possible damage to the engine.

The screw and bolt, the broken spring and the damaged clutch

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20180324_141118.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20180324_141123.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20180324_141126.jpg
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 21:54   #50
BHPian

Gixxer has several known issues...my gixxer had one of those.

Petrol level guage has a short life. The wires used in the guage are so flimsy they ought to get snapped sooner than later.

The new one costs ₹286. Labor charges for dismantling the fuel tank fixing the Guage and re fixing the tank ₹100. Time wasted two hours.

The fuel guage...
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20180716_194733.jpg
ravradha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 11:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
It would be great if you folks can pitch in and offer your suggestion on the following problem.
I completely forgot to update this thread. Eventually after a long drawn battle with A.S.S, Suzuki and MRF, I finally managed to get the swing arm replaced under warranty. However, I had to pay for the new rear tyre.

The A.S.S made a big fuss about replacing the part under warranty. A.S.S was hell bent on blaming the tyre for the swaying issue and MRF guys blamed it on the bike. MRF went to an extent of making some tests and verbally gave a confirmation to Suzuki that the fault was on the bike. But for some reason MRF refused to give that in writing and rather just mentioned that there was no fault with the tyre.

Despite all this, A.S.S was reluctant to get the faulty part changed and I had go back and forth with A.S.S and Suzuki service team to get the issue sorted. Finally they agreed to change the swing arm and cover it under warranty.

Now, despite regular servicing at A.S.S, the piston ring got fried and the entire engine needed to be rebuilt. Again, warranty covered most of the parts. Fortunately I had 5 year warranty and gave the bike for service at A.S.S. Otherwise I would have had to shell out for the rebuild.

I was always under the impression that Japs were reliable but after my experience with Yamaha and Suzuki, I feel otherwise. Both these brands are marred with shoddy workmanship and need good technicians to sustain their business. I am looking to buy a scooter for my dad and we have straight away rejected the Access owing the reason mentioned above.
Old 17th July 2018, 21:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
I l forgot... . Finally they agreed to change the swing arm and cover it under warranty.

.... I had 5 year warranty and gave the bike for service at A.S.S. Otherwise I would have had to shell out for the rebuild.

.... mentioned above.
Thanks to your perseverence you got Suzuki honor their commitment. It's shocking to see how the Japanese companies do not bring their core working ethos along with the machinery and technology to India.

For the sake of few hundreds or thousands in service they will lose crores in goodwill, and branding. Your decision on access is proof enough.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Gixxer has several known issues...my .

The fuel guage...
Attachment 1781745
The new fuel gauge suffered the same issue within a week.

The soldering had gone at the same place. The FNG told water has entered the tank and when the current passes the soldering gives way.

Emptied the tank and found 100 ml of water and sludge.

This is because of rains and my gixxer is parked in the open and it doesn't have a tank cover. Rain water had seeped into the tank through the lid and had corroded everything inside. Thank God engine is fine.

Fixed everything.. Took 3 full hours. It's perfect now. Mileage when checked last week was 52KmpL.

Do I have to do any other services...?

Lots of learning.

Last edited by ravradha : 30th July 2018 at 17:08.
ravradha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 17:33   #54
BANNED

Quote:
The new fuel gauge suffered the same issue within a week.

The soldering had gone at the same place. The FNG told water has entered the tank and when the current passes the soldering gives way.

Emptied the tank and found 100 ml of water and sludge.

This is because of rains and my gixxer is parked in the open and it doesn't have a tank cover. Rain water had seeped into the tank through the lid and had corroded everything inside. Thank God engine is fine.

Fixed everything.. Took 3 full hours. It's perfect now. Mileage when checked last week was 52KmpL.

Do I have to do any other services...?

Lots of learning.
The tank drain hole on my P220 is blocked and I seldom remember to clean it and when I do I forget soon after so for over a year my drain hole has been blocked.

The motorcycle has been left out in the rains for longer than I can remember and I'm yet to face any issues resulting from water getting into the tank, the same is the case for all motorcycles I believe as there is a rubber seal on the tank cap that ensures that even when left out in the rain water doesn't enter the tank.

Inspect yours and get it sorted out to resolve the issue once and for all.

Using a tank cover wont make much of a difference and is detrimental to the clear coat of the area that it comes in contact with.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 30th July 2018 at 17:35.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
The tank drain hole on my P220 is blocked..
. so for over a year my drain hole has been blocked.......

Inspect yours and get it sorted out to resolve the issue once and for all.

After trying multiple times today I managed to remove the block in the drain hole. There were a few small stones and mud fully blocking it. The tank had to be removed and cleaned patiently with petrol and gear cable for almost three hours.

Thank you Aswinprakas. FNM had given up on cleaning it!

I made a custom cover as well. Will post a photo of the same later.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 00:22   #56
BANNED

Quote:
After trying multiple times today I managed to remove the block in the drain hole. There were a few small stones and mud fully blocking it. The tank had to be removed and cleaned patiently with petrol and gear cable for almost three hours.

Thank you Aswinprakas. FNM had given up on cleaning it!

Good to know that it worked out for you, If I remember by tomorrow I'll start to clean mine, I really do keep forgetting it!

I would recommend you not use a cover. Even if the drain hole is blocked water is not supposed to go in, there should be a rubber gourmet preventing water from going into the tank, do inspect and replace if necessary.

Make a mixture of Acetone and ATF, pour it into the drain hole once a month and you'll be good to go.

Also make sure that the hose is connected at the base of the drain hole outlet because you don't want fuel to drop onto a blazing hot engine head.

Cheers!
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 20:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, I got this original Suzuki tank pad for ₹286. It would have been convenient if we could purchase it off the website itself.

Dealers do not stock the tank pad and you have to order it through them and it arrives in a week. Looks really cool though

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20180909_1749570101.jpeg
Shumi_21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 21:54   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Looks really cool though
Looks cool, hope you'd taken crotch contact area into consideration before sticking it.

Just a FYI, you could get a NS200 tank pad for 160~190/- from OEM Bajaj Spares;

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-tankpad.jpg

Its also available on 99RPM: Tank Pad| Pulsar NS200 BSIV

The P220 one is even cheaper, IIRC it was 50~100/- OEM when I got one for my ZMA in 2011, funny thing being fake replicas cost around 150/-

Doesn't look as flashy but gets the job done way better than the 3D type pads.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 21:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I was always under the impression that Japs were reliable but after my experience with Yamaha and Suzuki, I feel otherwise. Both these brands are marred with shoddy workmanship and need good technicians to sustain their business. I am looking to buy a scooter for my dad and we have straight away rejected the Access owing the reason mentioned above.
Fully agree with you. In my case, the nearest service centre does not stock any parts except 'mineral' engine oil. A small amount of engine oil was leaking from a 10 months old bike. When I asked the guys at the service centre to fix this issue they coolly said that the gasket needed for replacement is not available and I will have to go the Suzuki HQ located at a distance of 20 kms from my place. My question is "Why does Suzuki allow unprepared persons to undertake dealership responsibilities"? There should be thorough checks over the operational condition of a service centre before it is made open to the public.

Last edited by bblost : 30th September 2018 at 21:56. Reason: fixed quote
Old 15th October 2018, 13:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Looking forward to it.
Sorry for the delay. Just got a good camera.

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20181015_130744.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20181015_130656.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_20181015_130723.jpg
ravradha is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks