Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 16:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

They are also coming up with a 150CC DIESEL engine for its 2-wheeler . It will be the RNT scooter that gets a liquid-cooled 6-speed turbo-diesel engine with 13.5PS of power & makes 35Nm power (Courtesy Overdrive).
That's some massive torque. Though its due to the turbo but still more than RE 350.

But the design? I mean who exactly are the target Junta? I get a feel this will be a HIT in 'JUGAAD' market where people would probably attach a carrier with two wheels to ferry their goods. Being a diesel with ample pulling power it will be pretty economical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The company has also showcased an all new performance bike - HX250R, which produces 31 BHP of power at 9000 RPM & reaches from 0-60 km/hr in just 2.7 seconds. It features a 4-valve DOHC engine & an under seat exhaust...
Woah!!! That's some serious performance.

P.S : What's wrong with the design department in HeroM? First they brutally murder a legendary bike(ZMA) with the grotesque design and now this one though will be a scorcher performance-wise but looks can't win them any beauty contest.

Last edited by SoumenD : 29th January 2014 at 16:43. Reason: Spell/grammer check
Old 29th January 2014, 17:30   #17
BANNED

I am very happy for Hero MotorCorp trying to put an hand in diesel powered segment for 2-wheelers and AFAIK only RE had tried doing it.

Good that they have started with a 150 cc motor than 250cc or 500cc which would be too high on performance. Nevertheless we can have a remap/RD Box to setup the power etc.

Only repelling factor is the design of the RnT! , looks like a wooden plank travelling around and if needed can be used a boat. I hope this is not how the production models will look like.

Overall an encouraging start from the guys at Hero MotorCorp, just that their design team must be fired right away.

Anurag.
Old 29th January 2014, 19:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

The 250cc HX250R looks absolutely smashing! Just 2 things though, some beefier front shocks and closer placed front indicators will really help!

Some details from Top Gear:

Quote:
Hero has also showcased its latest performance motorcycle, codenamed HX250R, that's been developed along with their technological partners Erik Buell Racing. Slated to be its latest flagship motorcycle, the HX250R is powered by a new 249cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder, liquid cooled, fuel injected unit churns out class leading 31bhp and can hit 0-60kph in a claimed 2.7 seconds.

Teamed with a 6 speed gearbox, it gets Eco and Power riding modes, rear monoshock suspension, combined braking system, optional ABS, twin headlamps, under-seat exhaust and seven high-tech safety and performance sensors. The HX250R will be launched in the second part of FY15, which in normal terms means post October 2014 launch.
Source

UPDATE: 139kg kerb weight

Source

Full Specs:

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-hx250r.jpg

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 29th January 2014 at 19:13.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 19:18   #19
BHPian

The design of the RNT is, to put it mildly, weird. But we need to understand that the bike is not targeted towards people like you or I. The bike looks all designed for load carrying, right from a turbo-boosted high-torque engine for pulling power to pull a passenger compartment. Notice the hollow pipe underneath the tail and the absence of a grab-rail. The nose can probably be modified for additional cargo. This will be a low cost people mover.

Edit: Expect the final product to be sans the fancy tires and rear disc brake.

Tail:

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herornt150ccdiesel.jpg

Example (source):

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-5340677105_45f4b90f37_o.jpg

Last edited by hellmet : 29th January 2014 at 19:21.
hellmet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 19:20   #20
e46
BHPian

The HX250R looks great. Side profile reminds me of CBR600RR with those underseat exhaust and dual head lamps. Anyone got a pic of the rear side?

Abhishek
Old 29th January 2014, 19:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures:

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rfrontthreequarter.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rfrontthreequarterright.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rfrontwheel.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rfrontwheeldetail.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rheadlampcluster.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rlogo.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rrearwheel.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rrearwheeldetail.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rseatandfueltank.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rside.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250rsplitheadlamps.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-herohx250runderbody.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-hx250r.jpg

Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-hero250ccflagshipmotorcycleinhiresimagegallery10.jpg

Also, Pirelli Sport Demon tyres!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 19:45   #22
BHPian

Along with the rear; a pic of the dash would be mighty useful too! After killing the ZMR and the R with their ugly grotesque looks; Hero Motocorp is back from the grave like Naseruddin Shah in the movie Chamatkar!!!
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 19:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dont two wheelers have stricter emission norms? How will a diesel two wheeler meet these norms. Or did they design it keeping this in mind so that they cant call it a normal two wheeler motorcycle
Old 29th January 2014, 19:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

I like the looks of the 250cc machine - including the fuel tank. And a single under-seat exhaust will sound nice eh?
Old 29th January 2014, 19:52   #25
BHPian

The HX250R seems like a pretty promising product. 31 BHP is amazing, and hopefully it should be a riot to ride. Given the great touring capabilities, comfort and overall performance of the Karizma, I really hope the 250R will be just like that but sportier, more dynamically accomplished and better in every way. I seriously hope they launch a naked version of the bike, I may really think of buying it if they do.

I am not so sure of the diesel engined bike and the engine itself. The engine is supposed to be a great leap forward in Indian biking scene and I understand it will be fuel efficient and possibly a torque monster, but it will be priced high and I don't really know who will buy that bike or its real life applications. Even if they put the engine in other bikes, I'm still not convinced. Why do you need a diesel engined bike? If you are after killer fuel efficiency, there are 100cc petrol bikes which will do the trick at a much lower price. The diesel bike will cost a lot so a cash strapped person cannot afford it. A person looking for an amazing tourer who enjoys biking will rather go for a CBR150/250, a Royal Enfield or something similar, cause I'm pretty sure if he/she can afford a bike costing 1 - 1.5lakh (my estimated price of a diesel engined bike), he/she won't mind a petrol average of about 35 kmph. Plus I doubt the diesel bike will be as agile and have fun to drive dynamics like a CBR or Duke 200 or Pulsar 200 even. So an enthusiastic biker will shy away.

Towing might be an option, but who really tows something using a bike or the likes? Putting the engine in something like an ATV may be option, but the market is really small especially considering they are illegal on public roads. Can anyone think of real life applications? I can't.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 29th January 2014 at 19:58.
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 20:41   #26
BHPian

Nice 250, though the power figures look a bit optimistic, Unless Buell is the mothership, any idea who's design that is, definitely not inhouse.

All in all if the bike is as reliable as existing products, this should hurt the R15,D200 & the CBR all together.

It would be superfun if Hero can outrun honda with new products.
Old 29th January 2014, 20:53   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
I am not so sure of the diesel engined bike and the engine itself. The engine is supposed to be a great leap forward in Indian biking scene and I understand it will be fuel efficient and possibly a torque monster, but it will be priced high and I don't really know who will buy that bike or its real life applications. Even if they put the engine in other bikes, I'm still not convinced. Why do you need a diesel engined bike? If you are after killer fuel efficiency, there are 100cc petrol bikes which will do the trick at a much lower price. The diesel bike will cost a lot so a cash strapped person cannot afford it. A person looking for an amazing tourer who enjoys biking will rather go for a CBR150/250, a Royal Enfield or something similar, cause I'm pretty sure if he/she can afford a bike costing 1 - 1.5lakh (my estimated price of a diesel engined bike), he/she won't mind a petrol average of about 35 kmph. Plus I doubt the diesel bike will be as agile and have fun to drive dynamics like a CBR or Duke 200 or Pulsar 200 even. So an enthusiastic biker will shy away.
This is mainly load carrier and not for performance oriented setup hence those plastic extensions on both sides. The production versions will have steel wheel and drum brakes may be to keep the costs under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Towing might be an option,
Na, not possible.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 21:35   #28
BHPian

THis is a giant leap in the indian biking scene with Hero Moto Corp's new diesel engine equipped RNT though we are not really sure the applicability in in the indian market or elsewhere as thumpingheart rightly said.

The HX250R is an impressive product from Hero. The power figures and tech specs also look good.

Probably Hero Moto Corp is making a comeback and trying to position itself in the indian bike market.
Old 29th January 2014, 21:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Maybe Hero will land up being official suppliers to NATO! Am sure the Indian Army too will be looking at this bike with interest.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 21:58   #30
BHPian

The HX250R with the 48.5mm stroke should be a high revving single (compare it with the 55mm stroke of the 250R that has a punchy mid and flat top end). Also, seeing that it makes class topping power and torque figures for a single, it should have a higher compression.

What's of interest to me, is the fact that even with all those plastics they have managed to keep the weight in the Duke territory. That's a commendable job. Another thing is, the front tyre is a 110/80 which makes it taller at the front than it's competition.

Interesting times ahead!
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks