Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 22:03   #31
BHPian

HX 250R - An honest effort. Will it live up to the hype?

Somehow this doesn't come as a surprise. Ever since they announced their tie-up with Eric Buell Racing, this was somehow to be expected. And I mean it in a good way! Here are my 2 cents...
  • This is a good move by Hero, especially after the 2014 Karizma unveiling. The HX 250R seems to be most promising of the lot - seems like a fair bit of EBR's expertise has gone into the finished product. What remains to be seen is that whether the bike will be a track oriented product or will retain a mixed track/tourer orientation? The stance, handlebars etc seem to point towards the latter.
  • The Karizma was a well designed product, and until Honda CBR 250R came along, easily the most accomplished tourer, even if a tad short on power. But that came invested with Honda's expertise, especially in the engine department. The HX 250R's engine specs look promising, though it still is a unit that remains to be proven. Fuel economy, traditionally a Hero forte, will be competitive in the same class of bikes, and IMO so will be the cost of spares. A detailed test ride would do it justice.
  • To counter Bajaj with their offering of the (rumoured) fully faired 200/375SS, Hero would have to price it aggressively. This would, in my opinion, also lure a whole lot of prospective customers away from Honda CBR250R, the sales of which haven't been exactly stellar in the recent past, and maybe force Honda (for good) to re-evaluate their pricing of the CBR .
    Honda, are you listening?
  • All in all, this seems like an honest effort by Hero. The bike scores on styling, and as far as the specs go, on power. What remains to be seen is the way the specs translate into real world experience.

All the same, kudos to Hero for the effort

Cheers!

Last edited by Ironhide : 29th January 2014 at 22:18.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:28   #32
BHPian

Re: Hero 150cc TDI Diesel Engine

150cc diesel ? & Tdi too ? If true, this could be the worlds smallest automotive diesel engine. May even be the smallest stationary engine too, i know of 210cc 3hp motors. But... the RNT looks more like a concept exercise just to gather some much needed attention (read mileage) for Hero corp. I'd be glad to be shown otherwise. Their commuter bike sales could gain some mileage from the news though

Last edited by Rennjit : 29th January 2014 at 22:33. Reason: ;-)
Old 30th January 2014, 04:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

New 250cc bike from Hero Motocorp

It seems finally Hero has listed to the Indian bike enthusiasts and came up with a new bike which looks challenging to its competitors.

Reports claim it to be a single cylinder 250cc bike producing 31 bhp and has a 6 speed transmission.

Image source- Motoroids
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-indialaunchpicsnewherohx250r.jpg

Attaching another three pictures. Got them from my friends in facebook.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IndialaunchpicsnewHerohx250r.jpg
Views:	2084
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1198744
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-1558478_713907428654680_399343696_n.jpg
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter-1551598_531449573636643_1973195168_n.jpg

Attaching two links for more news about the bike. http://www.petrolhead.in/#!news/cb30

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...nveiled-81780/

From the pictures and specification's it seems Hero do have a winner in their hand. But we have to wait and watch can Hero retain there bullet proof reliability even after splitting away from Honda. The pricing will be another big deciding factor for the fate of this bike. So we have to wait and watch! Wish Hero all the best with this bike.

Note from Support - Threads merged. Please use the search function before creating new threads. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th January 2014 at 09:20.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 09:35   #34
BHPian

re: Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The design of the RNT is, to put it mildly, weird. But we need to understand that the bike is not targeted towards people like you or I. The bike looks all designed for load carrying, right from a turbo-boosted high-torque engine for pulling power to pull a passenger compartment.
Possibly true. For me this looks like a grown up Bajaj M80 with only straight lines and no curves.
For those who remember and recall ,the M80 was for sure a load puller and was a popular choice for many vendors and dhood wallahs with all those huge tin cans.

Lets see if this vehicle takes the success route.
Old 30th January 2014, 15:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Love the HX250R. Nice proportions and impressive specification chart. The design reminds me a little of the Ducati Multistrada. I hope they don't slap any funky name on it as HX250R sounds just fine. Going by the way Hero names their motorcycle, scooter line, I won't be surprised if it ends up being called orgasmatron.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:36   #36
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2014 at 13:26.
ayush1434 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th January 2014, 19:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Good job Hero motors!! That's the way to get rid of the Honda hangover and start afresh. The 250cc motor sounds delicious and I am dying to see a 250cc Hero Impluse with 30bhp!!!
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 20:09   #38
BANNED

I want a meatier looking alloys set instead of this that is on the bike currently.

The ones look delicate and thin for our roads and doubt the durability.

Anurag.
Old 31st January 2014, 03:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hero my hero. U r forgiven for the "all new karizma". Hx 250 r, amazing on paper n looks good too. As far as pricing goes it has to undercut the 390 n cbr. So 1.5 lac? (As also predicted by motorbeam.

After that 18 lac jap kitty litter sapping all my energy, this just lifts my spirits straight back. thank u hero motocorp. I ll watch all your silly ads with a smile, promise. I ll also be extra nice to my uncle who works @ hero.

Dhak dhak indeed!����

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 31st January 2014 at 03:59.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 14:39   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
What?!! Do they have a weird and wacky award under which certain concepts are made? Also look at that RnT dabba! They think people will actually buy such a strange looking thing? It almost looks like they made a kid sit with a scale and draw that thing with straight lines!!!
The pizza delivery guys are gonna love this for sure

I mean its a first of its kind from Hero & all they could do is this. Hope this never makes it it to the assembly lines.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:23   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

The pizza delivery guys are gonna love this for sure.

I mean its a first of its kind from Hero & all they could do is this. Hope this never makes it it to the assembly lines.
I like their initiative though the design is not to anyone's liking here but I guess this is for load carrying rather than track-day or enthusiastic riding. Owners from R15 and Ninja 250 may not prefer but guys from TVS XL Super will live it for sure as it will help in loaf caring and keep the FE high with smiling faces and pockets.

Anurag.
Old 14th February 2014, 11:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
They are also coming up with a 150CC DIESEL engine for its 2-wheeler . It will be the RNT scooter that gets a liquid-cooled 6-speed turbo-diesel engine with 13.5PS of power & makes 35Nm power (Courtesy Overdrive).

Attachment 1198490

The RNT also gets detachable headlamps that double up as a torch.
The Americans have also taken a note of the RNT, & here is what they have to say:

Quote:
The RNT’s design incorporates many clever elements meant to make it a versatile tool for working people in the Indian countryside. Beyond the dual-wheel-drive setup, the RNT’s flat-load surfaces include tie-down bars and fold-down side racks for carrying cargo, with a larger seat and floorboard to increase ride comfort in any terrain. Options include a generator to power electrical tools or devices at a workplace or campsite, and a removable LED lamp in front of the scooter’s gauges.

More on the scooter in this MSN-US article:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs...ectric-scooter
Old 21st February 2014, 12:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

The HX250 bike & Leap Scooter are confirmed for launch in 2nd half of 2014-15. More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/h...next-fy-121530
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 07:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Damn, there goes the small queues at the fuel pump for the diesel car owners !
On a serious note, what is the government's stance on 2 wheelers running on Diesel?
Don't you think this will exponentially increase the consumption of Diesel?
wonder what pollution levels this bike must be adhering to. The govt is already considering taxing small car diesels as they are much more polluting than their petrol siblings. This report was on the times 2 weeks back. So your thought is super relevant!
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
wonder what pollution levels this bike must be adhering to. The govt is already considering taxing small car diesels as they are much more polluting than their petrol siblings. This report was on the times 2 weeks back. So your thought is super relevant!
As far as I know, 2-wheelers are BS-3 compliant, & not the latest emission norms, which is unfortunate as these sell much more & daily miles traveled by 2 wheelers is much more than 4-wheelers. Government should consider taming emission norms of these before such (diesel bikes) are introduced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks