Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Hero Splendor Classic - Another Cafe Racer?

Hi Bhpians,

I just could not believe my eyes when I saw this picture.

I was absolutely awed by the the way this bike has been copied from RE Continental GT.

Hero Splendor Classic - Another Cafe Racer?-herosplendorproclassic06.jpg

More pictures

http://www.vicky.in/blog/hero-splend...cture-gallery/
TaurusAl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:48   #2
BHPian

re: Hero Splendor Classic - Another Cafe Racer?

ha ha looks really funny....a 100 cc café racer.
Look at the size of the body in comparison with the engine. The engine looks tiny.
Old 5th February 2014, 14:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is AAM aadmi's cafe racer;why should only rich boys have all the fun
akshay4587 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Was this unveiled at the Auto Expo? Killer, killer copy. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

I just pity the guys who went out and bought the Contiental GT - just imagine stopping next to this at a signal.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Haha good!!. a college going kid who rides on Papa's money can ride on a cafe racer now. Not sure but i visualize this to be downright ugly when seeing it in person.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Continental GT's copy?? All the cafe' racers looks like the CGT right? Did I miss something?

And I appreciate the fact that this particular model is bringing diversity into the 110 or 125cc(or which ever) segment it is in. Currently we have only commuter bikes there! And it is not specified as a cafe racer. It can be termed as a more light weight and sporty commuter of that segment. A boon for a common man with a slight spark of biking in him!

The only glitch I find is a non-rearset footpeg and a drum brake! Apart from that this is not a hard ROFL material! Its not always about the power right?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 5th February 2014 at 15:57.
man_of_steel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

^ Agree completely. As if the RE Cafe Racer is an uninspired model itself!

But, THIS with the tiny engine, looks kinda funny.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 16:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Continental GT's copy?? All the cafe' racers looks like the CGT right? Did I miss something?

And I appreciate the fact that this particular model is bringing diversity into the 110 or 125cc(or which ever) segment it is in. Currently we have only commuter bikes there! And it is not specified as a cafe racer. It can be termed as a more light weight and sporty commuter of that segment. A boon for a common man with a slight spark of biking in him!

The only glitch I find is a non-rearset footpeg and a drum brake! Apart from that this is not a hard ROFL material! Its not always about the power right?
Sure buddy I agree it's not about power. But when you have a replica of a bike which is a bench mark in itself with a fraction of engine power trying to ape it, it does feel funny to me. It is same like a 150 wanna be guy replicating a Hayabusa by putting a large fairing.

And yea, all cafe racers look like this, but this is coming right after CGT launch and looks exactly like it, even the color is same for God's sake.

Sorry but this is not at all good decision by Hero in my humble opinion, only shows their lack of imagination and hunger to rise without making any original effort.
Old 5th February 2014, 16:17   #9
BHPian

I actually liked it. I"ll get the front headlights and chrome mudguards for my '98 splendor
Old 5th February 2014, 16:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
But when you have a replica of a bike which is a bench mark in itself with a fraction of engine power trying to ape it, it does feel funny to me.
No offense to anyone, but, is'nt the Continental GT a Cafe' Racer that can't really do a ton mark?

Quote:
It is same like a 150 wanna be guy replicating a Hayabusa by putting a large fairing.
Again. Didnt 'WE', as a market, accept a baby VFR that was branded as a CBR?? And we didnt care about it because it had a 250cc to boast about??

Quote:
And yea, all cafe racers look like this, but this is coming right after CGT launch and looks exactly like it, even the color is same for God's sake.
IIRC, I have seen this color in Hero CD Dawn and the Splendor. Even before the dawn of the CGT! :/
man_of_steel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Yeah gotta agree - but that the Continental GT looks like every other Cafe Racer.

And I'm finding it funny only because of the fact that Cafe Racers - as the definition goes were bikes that "for quick rides from one "transport café or coffee bar to another". I think "quick" is the operative word there. And I'm all for thinking how quick this bike is going to be.

But yeah, its a free country and nothing wrong in Hero coming out with a design like this. Go on - only the Continental GT owners will be crying
Old 5th February 2014, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'm a bit confused. A single seat 100 cc lifestyle bike ? at least they could have upped the displacement for people who can spend more, or added an extra seat for those who can't!

This looks like a targeting/positioning flop
Old 5th February 2014, 18:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very neat and bold move. Kudos for having the guts to do this.

If people laugh at a 100 cc Cafe Racer, they at least need to realise it has more bhp per cc and more bhp per kilo weight than the Con GT.

And most any Brit bike Cafe Racer aficionado would and will laugh at the Con GT's lofty ambitions.

Peace. Let's enjoy the bike for daring to make a statement. It looks pretty well designed actually. The seat treatment is actually BETTER than the Con GT.
ebonho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 23:19   #14
BHPian

A 100cc bike with a 'racer' tag! Its like a MARK II Splendour - just body work. No doubt the tag RACER implies speed - the bike should at-least have had disc brakes and better tires. I agree with drive-addict that this bike will probably be really ugly in the flesh. And just picture that with its auto-rickshaw exhaust note. For those who like it for what it tries to be - good for them.I dont see this doing well unless its dirt cheap.
Old 6th February 2014, 11:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Very neat and bold move. Kudos for having the guts to do this.

If people laugh at a 100 cc Cafe Racer, they at least need to realise it has more bhp per cc and more bhp per kilo weight than the Con GT.

And most any Brit bike Cafe Racer aficionado would and will laugh at the Con GT's lofty ambitions.

Peace. Let's enjoy the bike for daring to make a statement. It looks pretty well designed actually. The seat treatment is actually BETTER than the Con GT.
To each his own. I never said, there will be no takers for this. After all we are the country with cheapest car in the world and people buy it with pride and proudly say "I own a 4 wheeler" Nothing wrong with that too. No matter how bad your product is, there will always be takers for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks