Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2014, 22:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Auto @ Auto Expo 2014

Dream of that day when we would get a KTM/Bajaj model of Adventure tourer with a 390 engine. Soft suspensions, good tyres and facility to carry luggage and a good pillion seat is what is all needed.

Dream... and I dream all this below or near 2lakh figure which I perceive is not impossible to achieve for Bajaj.

Last edited by amit_purohit20 : 16th February 2014 at 22:56. Reason: Additional points
Old 17th February 2014, 20:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Was fliipping through channels when I saw Rahul Bajaj
Meant to say Rajiv and not Rahul Bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Dream of that day when we would get a KTM/Bajaj model of Adventure tourer with a 390 engine. Soft suspensions, good tyres and facility to carry luggage and a good pillion seat is what is all needed.
Though I'm not a tourer guy, can imagine the craving from someone who is.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 15:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post

Dream... and I dream all this below or near 2lakh figure which I perceive is not impossible to achieve for Bajaj.
... add to that
  • A decent touring posture (non tiring, closer to upright than crouching),
  • An effective fairing to slice through the wind,
  • A well integrated windscreen to deflect windblast away from the rider ,
  • Decent mid range torque starting lower down the RPM and staying flat through most of the trajectory, and,
  • Large enough tank + good fuel economy to do away with frequent fuelling stops.

Now that would be a GREAT tourer

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 19th February 2014 at 15:35.
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 17:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

After making good products, Bajaj should also concentrate on converting prospective buyer queries into sale. I went to Bajaj Showrooms twice in the last one month and the experience is nothing to talk home about. No test rides, test rides inside a complex citing RTO reasons is so lame. You build a powerfull bike, price it at a lakh rupees and expecting the customer to buy it blindly is just insane.

Superior power, better handling and grip, better suspension with monoshocks. How will i as a customer experience this before buying a bike. Well, wait for a friend to buy the bike and then test ride it i guess.

Even i have been contemplating buying the 200NS and after seeing the new bikes, i was thinking of waiting however this kind of attitude doesnt just cut it.

If Bajaj is reading this, please make some effort to educate your dealers.

Mods: If you find this OT, please feel free to delete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks