Team-BHP - 1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/147713-1998-yamaha-rx135-restoration-completed-now-5-speed-converted.html)

Friends, Just completed the restoration of my 1998 Yamaha RX135clap:

Background:

Here is the ownership review 14 Year Young Devil

And I got another RX recently and started the restoration 1997 Yamaha RXG
Unfortunately due to some reasons this restoration was put on hold and started stripping down the RX135. All the spares which I bought for RXG is used for 135 restoration.

Few snaps. Will add the complete list of spares and detailed cost breakup soon.

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dsc_0094.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dsc_0100.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0700-copy.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0702-copy.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0703-copy.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0704-copy.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-1.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-2.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-3.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-4.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-5.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide1.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide2.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide3.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide4.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide5.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-slide6.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0577.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0578.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0579.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0582.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-img_0586.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6902.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6904.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6917.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6918.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6919.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6921.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6923.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn6924.jpg

As the both bikes restored simultaneously, please list part wise similarities and dissimilarities between RXG and RX 135 (if possible).
Headlight dome of RXG is different, why it is extend?
thanks

Note from Mod : Please frame your sentences correctly in future. This post is grammatically incorrect :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Alok) (Post 3365718)
As the both bikes restored simultaneously, please list part wise similarities and dissimilarities between RXG and RX 135 (if possible).
Headlight dome of RXG is different, why it is extend?
thanks

RXG restoration was put on hold. What you see here is only RX135. And the headlamp is after market one with Ambassador reflectors (for better lighting quality)
Ofcourse I can add the part list comparison of RXG & 135 (may be in a weeks time)

Mr. Boss, Congrats on the restoration. The bike has come out very well. However, the front mudguard and the extended headlight are not matching will the overall look.

The stock headlight light and mudguard would have been an icing on the cake.

However, the above is my view and you may have a different opinion which I fully respect and endorse.

Your restoration job and thread reminds me of My Yamaha. I had a Yamaha Rx100 during my school days and I had replaced the 6V battery and wiring with 12v. Headlights and the indicators were replaced by Kawasaki RTZ. The handle bar was replaced with the Royal Enfield Bullet. Mudguard with Fibre mudguard. Half wheel caps on the front and full at the back. Silencer was raised to 45 degrees.

Your thread has helped me in reviving my old memories of Year 1991.

Best wishes

Quote:

Originally Posted by mints21 (Post 3365771)
Mr. Boss, Congrats on the restoration. The bike has come out very well. However, the front mudguard and the extended headlight are not matching will the overall look.

The stock headlight light and mudguard would have been an icing on the cake.
Your thread has helped me in reviving my old memories of Year 1991.

Thank you very much.
My other bike will be restored to stock looks (RXG converted to RX135 technically but with the looks of RX100:D)

Old memories of RX will bring a smile to everyone who tasted the power and exhaust note of RX. Have you got any snaps of your RX? If so, please do share.

Quote:

Have you got any snaps of your RX? If so, please do share.
Hi, I am not sure if I would be having any specific pictures. Those were the times when we had no digital cameras, I may have one or two taken from my hot shot camera which had a roll wherein the negatives were developed, but again I am not sure. I will have to search and will give it a try.

Thanks for bringing old memories back.

Friends, can someone support me with the wiring diagram of RX135? Couldn't locate the socket for parking lamp.

Suggestion required.
Looking for a Chrome rear view mirror pair. Which is best choice, from Enfield or the one from Avenger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3365925)
Friends, can someone support me with the wiring diagram of RX135? Couldn't locate the socket for parking lamp.

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-kdnsyui.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3370030)
Suggestion required.
Looking for a Chrome rear view mirror pair. Which is best choice, from Enfield or the one from Avenger?

Avenger. RE ones don't last long.

Latest snaps
- Engine scoop added
- Number plates fitted
- Polishing & touch-ups done

Clocked 560km, getting FE 32kmpl

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn7321.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn7322.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn7323.jpg

1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration completed : Now, 5 speed converted!-dscn7325.jpg

Pending items:
- Crankcase sticker
- Bumper replacement
- Dual horn fitment
- Rear view mirrors

Excellent and Neat job done sir !!

However I would really wish to see a brand new silencer on that beauty. If u have spent so much why are you leaving the silencer dented.

Secondly the engine bore seems to be painted in black / powder coated. IMO that traps the heat that's supposed to vent out of those fins. Either grind the edges or if possible sandblast the bore. Believe me it will help a lot in the long run.

As for the colour the racing blue looks so desirable and lovable. The minor changes that you have done to the bike makes it look so much modern yet contemporary. I simply love it !!

Nothing can beat the Rx in terms of ownership and riding experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great (Post 3384147)
Excellent and Neat job done sir !!
As for the colour the racing blue looks so desirable and lovable. The minor changes that you have done to the bike makes it look so much modern yet contemporary. I simply love it !!

Nothing can beat the Rx in terms of ownership and riding experience.

Thanks for the compliments dude. :)

Quote:

However I would really wish to see a brand new silencer on that beauty. If u have spent so much why are you leaving the silencer dented.

This silencer is from my other bike. Original silencer (dent free) is yet to be plated and fitted.

Quote:

Secondly the engine bore seems to be painted in black / powder coated. IMO that traps the heat that's supposed to vent out of those fins. Either grind the edges or if possible sandblast the bore. Believe me it will help a lot in the long run.

Seems logicalclap: and thanks for the suggestion. Let me give a try.

Quote:

Just trying to understand, are you saying the black powder coat will sustain the heat within the engine, however minor it is, thus causing a damage to engine in long run?

And the powder coat has the tendency to trap the heat as opposed to the stock finishing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3384231)
Just trying to understand, are you saying the black powder coat will sustain the heat within the engine, however minor it is, thus causing a damage to engine in long run?

And the powder coat has the tendency to trap the heat as opposed to the stock finishing?

Well ... Correct me if I am wrong sir !

Your experience superceeds mine surely as I have gained a lot of knowledge from you in the past sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great (Post 3384299)
Well ... Correct me if I am wrong sir !

Your experience superceeds mine surely as I have gained a lot of knowledge from you in the past sir.

My God!!! I'm not sarcastic. If you've learned from me, it doesn't mean, I can be right all the time or I've all the knowledge.

I'm only asking you to understand as how does that black powder coating contains the heat more compared to the stock finishing. Pls help.