Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2006, 11:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedflame
I am a college student looking to purchase a bike (2nd hand); i would like your opinions on which to go for out of:
Bullet (Machismo or 350)
Yezdi Roadking
CBZ
I need the bike mainly for campus & occasionaly drives of maximum 40kms. Style and safety are first priority whereas mileage and buying cost is not really a concern.
I am also a 1st time bike rider (i am 5ft 9in, 72kg)
I would appreciate your ideas/experiences/advice very much.

Thank you.
Based on ur criteria of style, safety and 1st time biker.

Bullet - just turn away from it. U will need to know its idiosyncrancies first before you actually start loving the bike. If u know some motorcycle engine basics then u could learn to know what kind of stupid problems crop up and how to get to know ur babe better. Although there are couple of models EACH bike is UNIQUE and will have its own set of good and bads.
Style - Full of character
Safety - Brakes suck if they are drum the disc is OK but no where to be compared to the new gen 125 to 225 disc brake segment.
1st time biker - for you at ur age its like WIFE (Worries Invited For Ever)

Yezdi - a good one is hard to find, and the ones u usually get smoke too much, create more decibels, and sometimes will need over 40 kicks to get it started.
Style - If its a loud one everyone in ur college will know ur coming.
Safety - Brakes suck,
1st time biker - i think you could get something better not recommended.
This is one and only bike i guess in India which will make u smile if all the petrol bunks went on strike. It fires even on the blue fuel although u have to get the engine decarboned every 12 to 18 mths.

CBZ - good choice for u type of guys at this age.
Style - Outdated allthough many still say it looks kewl ok but to me its quite old.
Safety - Good braking,
1st time biker - YES

However u could still choose on Pulsar 150 or Apache or some more in this segment. Its better to have a bike which u know will start in first kick / push button than get a bike whichneeds more understanding of compression to get a right start.

Devarshi RD 350 for this guy is not recommended as RD is tto fast to handle for INDIAN roads with a 1st timer and the BRAKES SUCK big time. It seriously needs disk brakes. The first gear hits close to 60 one error by this newbie and he will be on bed. Let him play with a small toy and then go for a play station.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 4th July 2006 at 11:16.
Old 4th July 2006, 13:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

OK Nakedflame,

according to what some people say,

get a CBZ and learn to drive.And when the college is over and maybe 5-6 years down the line if your biking intrest is still intact and if a good model RD is available then buy it.

My suggestion on RD was purely based on the inclusion of Enfield and yezdi which are equally expensive to maintain and equally dangerous. They all fall in the same category with RD as the king. IT was just a suggestion after all. Wats the big fuss?
Old 4th July 2006, 14:19   #18

devarshi84, i understand that you are only trying to help me out & thank you for that, it is much appreciated.
As for the other guys, you are free to comment on the feasability of the RD350 but there is no need to turn the whole forum upside down over a small quarrel
Old 6th July 2006, 19:06   #19
BHPian

hey bro jus go in for a Bull man... i live in M'lore.. wil help u out to get a good ride...
oh yeah i do agree wit above fella members tht Bull is surely not for 1st timers.. but wats there in givin it a shot..
I got one in ma stable too, i swear its a Beast.. one of t best rides i've eva owned

Last edited by sabretooth911 : 6th July 2006 at 19:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks