Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 23:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria

Got this image off ADVrider. I find the 350 (390) Enduro interesting.
KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria-image_zpsf80914c4.jpg

And then I spot this:
KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria-ktmdukesupermotospyphoto.jpg

Quote:
It seems today we have our first glimpse of the machine, as a supermoto based off the Duke platform has been spotted in Austria by a forum member at KTMForum.eu.
Despite sporting a camouflage paint scheme, the machine in question clearly has the baby Duke’s unique swingarm, and the motorcycle shows other features indicative of these small-displacement machine, namely the single disc for the front brakes. The stance of the supermoto is clearly taller than the KTM 390 Duke, and the suspension travel is clearly greater as well. This test mule sports a more standard style side-can exhaust, which is a bit of a departure for KTM from the previous Duke models. This could be to help facilitate the necessary ground clearance on the production machine, or could just be indicative of the test mule’s unfinished state.
Source: KTMForum.eu

My Source: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=74

So? Too early to ?

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2014 at 11:56. Reason: Inserting excerpt in quotes, best that way. Thanks
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:02   #2
BHPian

re: KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Got this image off ADVrider. I find the 350 (390) enduro interesting.

So? Too early to ?
Well the images are a little perplexing. The front suspension travel doesn't seem to have increased by much and the bike is still running pure street tyres! So apart from the increased GC and enduro body style, wonder what we gain.

I think many would be interested in an Adventure 350/390 with large seats, rack carrier, windscreen, higher GC and seating and all that, instead of this half an enduro!
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 01:20   #3
BHPian

The enduro is mainly an offroad stunt bike. With those slick tires it won't become a city commuter leave alone a highway cruiser. I don't think there's a market for these in India, although I won't mind it if made available at a reasonable price.

The adventure would be a different story altogether, I'd jump for it the moment they make the announcement. Sadly there's been no news on the 390 version of the adventure and the 1290 is just too big to use in our country.
amolpol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 09:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Well the images are a little perplexing. The front suspension travel doesn't seem to have increased by much and the bike is still running pure street tyres! So apart from the increased GC and enduro body style, wonder what we gain.

I think many would be interested in an Adventure 350/390 with large seats, rack carrier, windscreen, higher GC and seating and all that, instead of this half an enduro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
The enduro is mainly an offroad stunt bike. With those slick tires it won't become a city commuter leave alone a highway cruiser. I don't think there's a market for these in India, although I won't mind it if made available at a reasonable price.

The adventure would be a different story altogether, I'd jump for it the moment they make the announcement. Sadly there's been no news on the 390 version of the adventure and the 1290 is just too big to use in our country.
Well, am assuming the street tyres are just on at "this" moment on the bike and are not a production feature (testing on road only). I don't think enduro's come with street tyres anywhere in the world. So that's that.

What is interesting is that the suspension travel does seem to have increased from the little visibility we have...and that seat and the larger looking fuel tank means two up touring with bags seem to be a possibility.

Heck, will take anything that gives me these two things with ABS, discs, and 50 hp right now.

So don't pull the trigger on this picture. That said, I am mighty pleased that KTM is following through what they talked about last year!
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 09:40   #5
BHPian

But doesn't ktm already have an enduro 350 in production. Is this a facelift with new modification?

Last edited by amolpol : 20th February 2014 at 09:41.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Niranjan that's because the bike seen here is NOT the Enduro/Adventure 200/390 (you cannot be sure simply by looking at this photo which has been doing the round for a few weeks now - actually it could also be the 125) but is the 200/390 SMC (Super Moto) instead. SMCs have alloys and 17 inchers front and rear (as shown in the test mule photo) - Adventures have 19 or 21 incher front and 17 or 18 incher rear spoked wheels.

Either way, a big improvement over the street Duke for some of us here in India who want such a bike.

Incidentally, there does not seem to be any perceptible change in the rear suspension clearance either - notice the gap between the top of the rear wheel and the bottom of the seat mudguard plate (the one they are changing on all 390s currently in India).

Also notice that just the seat has changed. Remove that seat and one could easily fit back the dual stepped seats of the 200/390. So no change there in the underbody chassis spine from the look of it

Lastly if you notice, the tank is not actually bigger. Those are just the side shrouds/scoops giving that appearance. Which makes me certain that this is the SMC and not the Adventure.

Because the SMCs actually have even smaller tanks volume-wise than the Dukes.

@amolpol - there is no 350 Adventure. It is the 350 EXC - a full on hardcore competition dirt bike (displayed in many ProBiking showrooms and Orange Days here as well). And no, an enduro is not really an off road stunt bike. It is what is also called a Trailie. A dual purpose bike - for tarmac and off road trails. A perfect tourer if we get it in the right capacity. For me that would be a 690 at least, not a 390.

Last edited by ebonho : 20th February 2014 at 10:23.
ebonho is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 20:20   #7
BHPian

Re: KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Niranjan that's because the bike seen here is NOT the Enduro/Adventure 200/390 (you cannot be sure simply by looking at this photo which has been doing the round for a few weeks now - actually it could also be the 125) but is the 200/390 SMC (Super Moto) instead.

Either way, a big improvement over the street Duke for some of us here in India who want such a bike.
Yes it does look like an SMC based on the Duke platform. But that just confuses me more - SMCs were essentially road going versions of hard core Enduros... which is the exact segment the Dukes are targeted at!

So this SMC is a Duke with a narrower, harder seat? Ok I concede the higher GC but what else?

What I (and others above by the look of it) want is an Adventure version - 18+L tank, more suspension travel front and back, wider and 2 Up capable seats, flyscreen/windscreen, higher GC, luggage carrier and no change in Engine tune.
The day KTM launches this, my 390Duke goes up for sale. In 690 trim ofcourse!
niranjanrvce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 10:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- 18+L tank, more suspension travel front and back, wider and 2 Up capable seats, flyscreen/windscreen, higher GC, luggage carrier and no change in Engine tune.
The day KTM launches this, my 390Duke goes up for sale. In 690 trim ofcourse!
All of the above would be useless without the right (spoked, tubeless dual purpose tyres) wheels. And I would like an integrated sump plate and engine/radiator cage guard as well please. Better light too would be nice. And yes - 690 PLEASE!

Last edited by ebonho : 21st February 2014 at 10:38.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 20:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Since we're talking about 690's now...check this kit out which morphs an enduro into an adventure...

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...ture-evo2-kit/
Old 24th February 2014, 12:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Since we're talking about 690's now...check this kit out which morphs an enduro into an adventure...

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...ture-evo2-kit/
11 liters combined fuel capacity. Pseudo-adventure.
Old 24th February 2014, 16:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids talks about a 390 Adventure to be launched in India.In one word,it looks perfect! Whats the inside dope on it? Can we expect anything like the Adventure soon?

KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria-ktmindiaadventure.jpg.pagespeed.ce.bpmtaqgdb1.jpeg
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

That is the photo of the 990 Adventure. I think the discussions here on Team BHP have more info that what's being speculated elsewhere.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 10:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That is the photo of the 990 Adventure.
But when are the speculative dates for the 390 adventure launch? Doc am sure you would know much more than you actually divulge out.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 14:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
But when are the speculative dates for the 390 adventure launch? Doc am sure you would know much more than you actually divulge out.
All I know is that the RC twins should be coming some time later this year.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 16:58   #15
BHPian

Would I be asking too much out of KTM if we request them to design the 390 on similar lines.. 390 dakar replica maybe

KTM Enduro 390 spotted in Austria-1939995_621263397944787_439191841_o.jpg

For those seeking the next level in rally competition the 2015 KTM 450 RALLY Replica bike is available to purchase for JUST EUR 24,000 (plus VAT). [very small amount, jest Rs 20,44,192 without customs]

??? So was i

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks