Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2014, 13:09   #1
BHPian

Suzuki Access - Rear Wheel jammed on the move

We got a Suzuki access 3 months back and this Monday 17-Feb 2014, my father took the scooter for filling up Petrol from the Shell bunk in the main road when the scooter rear wheel jammed and he fell down. Lucky for us an alert lady who was behind in her scooty stopped others following them and it was in an arterial road. Had it happened when he had reached the main road, can't think what would have happened.

Prior to this, we had given the scooter with the following complaints last week on 12-Feb-2014 and none of them were resolved when we got back the scooter after service on 14-Feb-2014.

1. Scooter stops randomly when driving.
2. Scooter struggles to pull with a pillion with a wheezing noise. ()
3. Strange humming/grinding noise from the left rear, near the kick start lever when the scooter moves.

I had to waste half a day with the mechanics and finally resolved the issues 1 and 2 hopefully. It was diagnosed to be a faulty coil wire as per the SA, which they have fixed. The humming noise was still there when we took the scooter with us, but the service engineer assured us that this is not an issue of concern, we can bring the scooter next week or when we are free, he will fix it for us.

I reached the place where the scooter was and finally after an hour the SA who serviced this scooter and a mechanic came and we took the bike on a Tata ace(On our money as no vehicle was available with them) to the service centre and it is still there with them without any updates. I met the showroom manager and he assured me that this issue will be sorted out. When I called them Yesterday they said the scooter will be ready and after that they didn't call back. My father has planned to visit them and check on the status today.
Please advice me on how to go about this.

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 20th February 2014 at 13:11. Reason: added more detail.
RajeswaranK7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 15:26   #2
BHPian

re: Suzuki Access - Rear Wheel jammed on the move

Maybe the issue is within rear drum.

Check the brake liners and see if any of them is faulty or broken. It may not be so but better to check. In just 3 months it shouldn't happen but still I would suggest you to look.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks