Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 13:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hydration Pack Review: Keep yourself hydrated on the move

The whole kit (90 degree L shaped tube + big bite valve) is retailing on Ebay internationally for less than 10 dollars. Don't know if they would shipthough. The only thing special about the L shaped fitting is the HydroLok which can stop the water flow. But frankly I hardly ever use it and leave it in the ON position because trying to do so on the move can sometimes be fiddly. Would just rather get the bite valve to my mouth and drink directly. So I'm guessing any plastic L shaped plastic tube of the right diater should do. Try checking hardware stores.

Last edited by ebonho : 27th February 2014 at 13:50.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 15:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Try checking hardware stores.
Try a good aquarium store. They have these joints to direct air from the pump to vairous parts of the tank. You may get what you are loking for there.
rulerofsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 17:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
so I will just wait and check if Camelbak is coming with an L shape valve as accessory
If you don't mind the cost...nothing can get cheaper than this - http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...insulated-tube

Also, I highly doubt if CAMELBAK will even supply Bitevalve, if they read what I've done

Last edited by aargee : 27th February 2014 at 17:50.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 18:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
If you don't mind the cost...nothing can get cheaper than this - http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...insulated-tube

Also, I highly doubt if CAMELBAK will even supply Bitevalve, if they read what I've done
What a find boss! This is truly a great buy.

But they have the Ergo Hydrolock separately as well on back order (just 500 bucks)

http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...ergo-hydrolock

And the Bite Valve is 399 bucks.

So in the deal you posted, you are getting the entire tube and insulation sheath and connector (for ataching to the reservoir) alll in 150 bucks.
Old 27th February 2014, 20:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they have the Ergo Hydrolock separately as well on back order (just 500 bucks)
Which means...IF AT...they get, in which all probability, I highly doubt if they would get the accessories :(

Quote:
So in the deal you posted, you are getting the entire tube and insulation sheath and connector (for ataching to the reservoir) alll in 150 bucks.
150??? Isn't it Rs 1049 for the entire kit And what is Rs 150? Couldn't see anything. The minimum was Rs 200 that too for a tube trap
Old 28th February 2014, 11:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
150??? Isn't it Rs 1049 for the entire kit And what is Rs 150? Couldn't see anything. The minimum was Rs 200 that too for a tube trap
The entire Tube + Insulation Sheath + the end connector which locks to reservoir + 90 degree Ergo with Hydrolock (500 bucks, sold separately) + Big Bite Valve (400 bucks, sold separately) = (is being offered for) 1050

1050 - (500 + 400) = 150
Old 4th March 2014, 03:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review as always aargee. Just one thought though, even though VIATERRA is comparatively cheaper than the ones sold elsehwhere, I still think it could be priced lower.

Now I have two, a BTWIN and this brand called STIKAGE which I bought from eBay. The latter was used for biking and cyling, but now the former chimes in for biking and the latter for cycling.

The one I bought from eBay costed 1200 rupees all in including shipping, and must say pretty impressed with the pack. 2L same Chinese hydration pack but with a different nipple. Performed flawlessly and still going strong. Way way better than HYDRAPAK that came with my RJays jacket. HYDRAPAK is good, but their sealing mechanism is a big time let down.

When I bought the pack I was just searching for how good the bladder really was, after numerous videos on rip test, etc etc, I came to know via our own "Alibaba" that 95% of the hydration packs indeed are Made in PRC, and not to mention these same hydration packs with different nipples at different price points.. sigh!

But as long as you use H20 you can rest be assured to give a good life to the bladder. Else you're gonna have rotten and foul smell emanating from the bladder.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 4th March 2014 at 03:02.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 10:18   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which means...IF AT...they get, in which all probability, I highly doubt if they would get the accessories :(

Quote:
The entire Tube + Insulation Sheath + the end connector which locks to reservoir + 90 degree Ergo with Hydrolock (500 bucks, sold separately) + Big Bite Valve (400 bucks, sold separately) = (is being offered for) 1050

1050 - (500 + 400) = 150
Will this kit work with a regular Quechua hydration sack? I am guessing it's a good idea to replace the entire set with something that works better. I have read that the quechua tubes require a far bigger force to suck the water out.

I havent tried the regular quechua sack, just got it. Should probably open it up and suck on it.

By the way, its 1500 bucks now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks