Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 14:15   #1
Team-BHP Support

Service on Wheels: New initiative from Honda 2-wheelers

Honda Motorcycle and Scooters India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) has launched a new service initiative called Service on Wheels (SoW). The objective of this initiative is to reach and serve the company's customers who are located in remote areas of the country.

A part of Honda's Ambitious and Aggressive roadmap for India, SoW has been launched to boost Honda's last mile connectivity. Honda's network will be boosted to 2,700 touch-points at the end of the current fiscal from 1,400 touch-points in FY 2012. Honda Activa scooters will be the used for the service initiative, which are expected to be available at all 782 dealerships across the country by the end of 2014. Honda claims trained service personnel will handle SoW and genuine spares will be used.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Service on Wheels: New initiative from Honda 2-wheelers-honda.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2014 at 14:23.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 15:34   #2
BHPian

re: Service on Wheels: New initiative from Honda 2-wheelers

Improving the service part of the relationship with the customer will surely help. But their showrooms are a customer repellant. Today, I went to book the new CB Trigger and felt like I walked into a government office - one where you pay but still don't get any attention or importance.

If it was not for the way Honda built their products, I'd have walked away with my pot of money elsewhere. Honda might want to take a leaf from Yamaha's showroom staff.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 16:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the content of the initiative? Although it is introduced aiming at the remote/rural areas, I suspect it might end up serving the metro more than often. Honda top mgmt need to do a brain storming session to improve the dealer attitude or else such initiatives will lose the steam faster than they are introduced.
Old 26th February 2014, 16:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Improving the service part of the relationship with the customer will surely help. But their showrooms are a customer repellant. Today, I went to book the new CB Trigger and felt like I walked into a government office - one where you pay but still don't get any attention or importance.

If it was not for the way Honda built their products, I'd have walked away with my pot of money elsewhere. Honda might want to take a leaf from Yamaha's showroom staff.
+1. If it was not a Honda, I would not have walked in the showroom. I never got calls from the Honda showroom if the registration is done, service is due, insurance needs renewal...nope...nothing. Even at service centers, they talk as if they are the descendends of the kings.

I got first and second service for my bike done at Honda and after those experiences I promised to myself that I will never come back. I did not go back to them even for the remaining free services and despite knowing the fact that if some problems crops up in my bike, the warranty will be dishonored. Since then it's either some FNG or DIY. The bike is great though...zero problems (except for 1-2 bulbs going kaput) in almost 3+ years and 20K+ kms.

Hope this is a sincere attempt by Honda two wheelers to improve their image on the services front.

Last edited by saket77 : 26th February 2014 at 17:09.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks