Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:32   #106
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Could it be the tires ? I have the stock tyres on mine and it tramlines rather noticeably on less than perfect road alignments.
My Jupiter makes this rather irritating squeaking noise from the front suspension, constantly. In traffic its drowned out by other noises but it is very much present. My final free service is due next month, and would get it looked at then, it was not rectified properly in two earlier visits.
You could be right. The center rib which supposedly channels water does tend to tramline a lot even at little patches on the road. Most of the roads in Pune do have this patch over patch and level differences on the road which worsens the issue.

However, yesterday and today I took it to two service centers (Rahel TVS and Rushabh TVS) and both confirmed that there is no issue with the handle bar or the fork.

It might be due to the tramlining as you said or its just "in my mind".

Regarding the front suspension noise. Yes, I have another 2015 Jupiter in Chennai and the same issue exists from day 1. As you mentioned the ASCs refused to accept that it is even an issue.

An independent service center later told me that all Jupiters have this problem and to service it, the fork has to be removed and a different grade of oil has to be used. He quoted around 350 for the job.

I am planning to get it done within the next month.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 18:22   #107
BHPian

After 1.5 years of ownership, my Jupiter's fuel gauge had to be replaced. It was working fine when ignition was turned ON but refused to come down at empty position and stopped at whatever point it liked, once ignition turned off.

Showed this to service centre (Kushal TVS) and they replaced it promptly, under warranty. This is my 2nd problem in 1.5 yrs; first being the center stand went bad and scooter almost fell down.

Last edited by turbodude : 1st February 2017 at 18:23.
Old 14th February 2017, 14:14   #108
BHPian

I was about to buy the regular Jupiter. But then I spotted a BS IV version.

So I bought it !

Apparently, I was the first customer that they are selling the BS IV version to.Dealer had no idea about the BS IV version.They said they received 2-3 BS IV shipment as a surprise from TVS.Heck, they were not sure about the price too. Asked for extra 900/- over the regular price.

Nothing looks different than the regular Jupiter except for :
1. A small BS IV batch in the front
2. The headlights are always on . There is no headlight on/off switch.

I am a bit skeptical about the headlights being always on.

Apologies for the mediocre camera snaps.Will try to put some better pics later on :
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Jupiter or something else?-j1.jpg  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-j2.jpg  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-j3.jpg  

nimbleguru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:34   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post

So I bought it !

2. The headlights are always on . There is no headlight on/off switch.
Congrats on the new scooter.
No headlamp switch? Is that functioning like a DRL now?
Old 30th March 2017, 16:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Regarding the front suspension noise. Yes, I have another 2015 Jupiter in Chennai and the same issue exists from day 1. As you mentioned the ASCs refused to accept that it is even an issue.

An independent service center later told me that all Jupiters have this problem and to service it, the fork has to be removed and a different grade of oil has to be used. He quoted around 350 for the job.

I am planning to get it done within the next month.
Dear para_7k , thank you for your input. I got the scoot serviced last month, and raised a stink on how it was a common issue and was still not fixed. They quietly acknowledged it this time, and had it fixed under warranty. I am unable to recall what exactly the job card said about the front fork, will check the receipt if it says something about it. I was not charged for any parts/labour.
Post this change, the scooter has become incredibly smooth riding. The engine refinement comes to the forth very well now, and feels great to potter about town. With sedate riding , it is even returning close to 50kmpl , cant say for sure because the auto cutoff is far too conservative and it can easily take about 20% more fuel in to reach the actual "F" mark.
Overall, I can say it has been a satisfactory one year of ownership with ~4k on the ODO. It was not used during monsoon months. I forgot to inquire about disc brake retrofit, which (if possible and reasonably priced) will address the rather weak braking.
Old 9th April 2017, 01:05   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
So I bought it !
Congratulations on your purchase nimbleguru!

How is your BS4 Jupiter performing? How many kms have you covered?

How would you rate the braking performance with the sync braking? Are you finding it good or would the disc brake version be a better buy.

Please do revert with the above and also any other points you can think of.

Thanks in advance and wish you a happy ownership experience.

Cheers
Old 26th April 2017, 11:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I've dropped into TVS showroom. As usual TVS Jupiter comes in Three variants Base, ZX, ZX+Disc. All are BSIV.

Base : Sync Brake, AOH(Always On Headlamp), Black Foot board/handle bars, 65000/- on Road B'lore (Red, White & Black in below Pic.)

ZX : Comes only in TWO colors. Royal wine & Brown with Beige Foot board/handle bars with all the Features as Base variant, 67500/- on Road B'lore (Royal wine in below pic.)

ZX+Disc : Comes only in TWO colors. Royal wine & Brown with Beige Foot board/handle bars with all the Features as ZX + Front Disc brakes, 70000/- on Road B'lore (Brown color in below pic.)
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Jupiter or something else?-zx-zxdisc.png  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-base.png  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-side-view.png  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-zx-side.png  

Last edited by Ramsagar : 26th April 2017 at 12:01.
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 14:14   #113
BHPian

The beige floor boards/ mats is the only reason I am holding back purchasing this scooter and got me thinking of Activa 125. Its gonna be a nightmare to maintain it especially in winter seasons.
Old 26th April 2017, 14:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
The beige floor boards/ mats is the only reason I am holding back purchasing this scooter and got me thinking of Activa 125. Its gonna be a nightmare to maintain it especially in winter seasons.

Not actually. Been using for 9 months now. All it needs is a good wash. Easy to maintain.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 14:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I want to buy Jupiter with Disc brakes, but the Colors available & Beige floor board is keeping away from it. Any idea on upgrading ONLY the DISC BRAKES later on the Base model?
Old 26th April 2017, 15:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I want to buy Jupiter with Disc brakes, but the Colors available & Beige floor board is keeping away from it. Any idea on upgrading ONLY the DISC BRAKES later on the Base model?
Nope, that will be done out of warranty and not by TVS. Going by what prabhuferrari says, I think we should just bite the bullet and go for it. I have been keeping a close eye on similar jupiters on the road and I havent seen one really dirty.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Yesterday I've dropped into TVS showroom. As usual TVS Jupiter comes in Three variants Base, ZX, ZX+Disc. All are BSIV.

Base : Sync Brake, AOH(Always On Headlamp), Black Foot board/handle bars, 65000/- on Road B'lore (Red, White & Black in below Pic.)

ZX : Comes only in TWO colors. Royal wine & Brown with Beige Foot board/handle bars with all the Features as Base variant, 67500/- on Road B'lore (Royal wine in below pic.)

ZX+Disc : Comes only in TWO colors. Royal wine & Brown with Beige Foot board/handle bars with all the Features as ZX + Front Disc brakes, 70000/- on Road B'lore (Brown color in below pic.)
Pics of other colors
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Jupiter or something else?-1.jpg  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-2.jpg  

TVS Jupiter or something else?-3.jpg  

Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 18:48   #118
BHPian

Hello Everyone !!

I am asking the following on behalf of a friend of mine.

My friend recently bought a TVS Jupiter ZX BS IV version, purple color with the beige dashboard in March 2017. He really enjoys the bike, and the only other bike he considered is Honda Activa 3G/4G and the Activa 125. He felt that the Activa 3G/4G twins felt just okay, and that out of every 10 bikes there's about 8-9 Activas. The Activa 125 is an improvement over the 3G in every aspect. Even suspension, power, handling and even seat comfort is way better than the Activa. He finally zeroed in on the TVS Jupiter because it was different and most Jupiter owners get a good average mileage.
My friend is actually planning to buy one more Jupiter to give his brother, but due to the low mileage of the Jupiter, he might get an Activa 4G instead. The ride and pick up of the bike is good, but the problem is mileage. Although TVS claims a tall figure of 62kmpl, he seems to be getting only 40-45 kmpl on average, on both city drives and a single highway trip,(it was an emergency and he couldn't take a cab or bus).
Other points:
- ODO currently at 1100kms.
- Single driven. (most of the time he is alone, sometimes with his mother)
- Finished first service at around 600kms. (it had an oil change)
- He followed a strict run-in with the bike. He never went above 30kmph for the first 150kms, then 40kmph for the next 150kms, then 50kmph for the next 150kms, and he slowly started touching 60kmph after the first oil change.
- The highway drive was after the first service for about 150kms (the total round trip)
- Tire pressure is also checked by him weekly once.
- Fuel stations is a gamble. I am sure he fills regularly from a single petrol pump, and on 2 occasions he has filled from other petrol pumps.

The question I wanted to ask other TVS Jupiter owners, and other people who might have an idea, is:
1. How much is the actual fuel efficiency which you see with this bike?
2. Will the fuel efficiency improve by 1500kms or maybe the second service?
3. Any tips for increasing the mileage? He already gives a steady acceleration, steady braking, etc. Nothing seems to help him. The maximum fuel efficiency he has seen is 45kmpl.

Any other queries I will be happy to reply to.

Thanks in advance, and I wish everyone a happy weekend
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:54   #119
BHPian

Is the Jupiter with fuel injection out? Disc brake is available now.

There was a news item here: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/tvs-ju...fuel-injection
Old 22nd May 2017, 14:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hello Everyone !!

I am asking the following on behalf of a friend of mine.

The question I wanted to ask other TVS Jupiter owners, and other people who might have an idea, is:
1. How much is the actual fuel efficiency which you see with this bike?
2. Will the fuel efficiency improve by 1500kms or maybe the second service?
3. Any tips for increasing the mileage? He already gives a steady acceleration, steady braking, etc. Nothing seems to help him. The maximum fuel efficiency he has seen is 45kmpl.

Any other queries I will be happy to reply to.

Thanks in advance, and I wish everyone a happy weekend
Hello,

I have the Jupiter since last 2 years.

Yes the scooty gives about 45 kmpl in city driving and I feel its adequate given the traffic we have here. Its purely being driven in the city and congested lanes only. I have driven it on the highway and the best that I got was 52 kmpl and I am happy with that. In both the cases I have used the tankful to tankful method.

Yes after 1500/2000 kms it will give you good average provided the proper run in is followed as per manual.

In my personal experience the Jupiter has a very smooth engine and easy to maintain.

To add to the ownership experience, I don't have to tolerate the bad and arrogant behaviour of Honda sales and after sales people. Their main problem is too many Activa's are being sold and the service stations are not being able to handle such pressure of catering to these many vehicles. This is purely from my pre-buying experience and what I have seen in the service stations in Mumbai, I do not have any problems with the Honda products and I agree that Honda vehicles are good. IMO Jupiter is the worthy alternative.

All the best
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks