Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 12:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Helmets & Hair Loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Another stupid trend is girls don't prefer wearing helmet since it spoils their hair. God bless them all.
The same logic applies to menfolk too. If they were helmets , they will lose hair. Whom are they going to impress now? The one whom they have impressed has become his life partner.

After this whether the guy loses or has hair on his scalp, what difference does it make.

I have seen guys cover their rear view mirror of the bike with helmet. The moment they spot a cop, they are quick to wear the helmet. God save these guys!!!
Old 7th March 2014, 12:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The same logic applies to menfolk too. If they were helmets , they will lose hair. Whom are they going to impress now? The one whom they have impressed has become his life partner.

After this whether the guy loses or has hair on his scalp, what difference does it make.!!!
I am 22, and I have already lost quite a bit of hair after I started using the helmet. Cant help. I can lose hair and flaunt my bald scalp but am not interested in losing my head
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 15:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have used helmets for the past 12+ years and still using without losing any hair.

Stats generally don't point out to helmets for losing hair. Maintain hygiene and a small read, though I always practiced as my helmets are always snug fit (right fit).

Not wearing a helmet results in heat, dust & pollution affecting your scalp, thus maybe affecting hair loss.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 15:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic
I have already lost quite a bit of hair after I started using the helmet.
How do you say that ? Is there some study/stats pointing to this ? Asking because I have always been wearing a helmet while biking and no issues with hair-loss.

I have had some TN colleagues (male at that) tell me that they don't wash their hair daily because it will lead to hair-loss. Apart from wondering what point there was in taking a daily shower if you are not wetting your head, it made me go because if that were the case, Kerala should be a bald state - most folks shower twice daily. BTW, one of the colleagues sports a receding hairline now. So much for his theory.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 16:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
How do you say that ? Is there some study/stats pointing to this ? Asking because I have always been wearing a helmet while biking and no issues with hair-loss.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traction_alopecia
Old 7th March 2014, 16:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

I have had some TN colleagues (male at that) tell me that they don't wash their hair daily because it will lead to hair-loss. Apart from wondering what point there was in taking a daily shower if you are not wetting your head, it made me go because if that were the case, Kerala should be a bald state - most folks shower twice daily. BTW, one of the colleagues sports a receding hairline now. So much for his theory.
Yes I do wash my hair everyday since I believe wetting the head wont do harm. But from 18-22, the amount of hair I had has thinned out, and its prominent in the places where the helmet fits snugly. Though I dont entirely attribute hair fall to helmet, there are many more persons who have experienced the same.
Old 7th March 2014, 22:58   #7
BHPian

Use of Helmets lead to hair loss: Agree or Disagree

Hi,

Helmet is one of the most essential item, that is used by almost all two wheeler riders across the country. The safety features and types have been discussed on this forum extensively.

However, a certain section of the two wheeler users feel that regular and extensive use of the helmets result in hair loss or hairs getting rough. They have no choice but to bear this brunt silently.

The idea of this thread is to seek the opinion of fellow BHPians on this.

If some of you do agree that the use of helmets over a long time causes hair loss, then what are the possible remedies and solutions to overcome this problem.
Old 7th March 2014, 23:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

Re: Use of Helmets lead to hair loss: Agree or Disagree

I feel the following thread should address this problem.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...lp-thread.html (The Trichologist, Hair & Scalp Thread)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks