Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 13:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing

ODI hanaged scoop images of Bajaj Discover 150F (discover with 150CC 4-valve DTSi engine & quarter fairing). Here are the pics

Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing-bajajdiscoverf1501.jpg

Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing-bajajdiscoverf1502.jpg

Link to their report:

http://overdrive.in/news/exclusive-b...ting-in-india/

Last edited by CARDEEP : 14th March 2014 at 13:24.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 15:12   #2
BHPian

re: Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing

Yep, did see this bike near my house (which is close to the Bajaj) factory.

The biker was taking it for testing at around 1030pm fully geared up, saw him going towards Ravet/Bangalore Highway on the D.Y. Patil College Road.

Looked nice and big, though can't comment much due to the camouflaging it was difficult to make out any details.

Cheers!
Trojan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 19:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Is it me or does the headlamp in the first picture look very similar to a Unicorn and a Stunner?

The side of the fairing reminds me of the P220. That's a good thing. Like same DNA in a family.

That being said, won't this eat into the sales of the Pulsar 150? And I thought Discover was always positioned as a budget bike more than a premium one. Won't a fairing on the P150 help Bajaj price it a few thousands more and give it a sportier stance?

But going by the overall profile, seems to want to attract the normal commuter segment and the tourer. The long flat seat, the forward placed rider footpegs, the high handlebars.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 14th March 2014 at 19:29.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 22:19   #4
BHPian

What is that topi (cap) on the front disc in all discover bikes. I really do not understand its purpose.
Old 14th March 2014, 23:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Though Bajaj is doing well selling its bikes, there is some degree of overlap and also confusion in the Pulsar and Discover segmentation.

What next? May be a Pulsar 110!

And then? A Discover 220!

And finally ? A KTM 110 !
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 11:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Is it me or does the headlamp in the first picture look very similar to a Unicorn and a Stunner?

The side of the fairing reminds me of the P220. That's a good thing. Like same DNA in a family.

That being said, won't this eat into the sales of the Pulsar 150? And I thought Discover was always positioned as a budget bike more than a premium one. Won't a fairing on the P150 help Bajaj price it a few thousands more and give it a sportier stance?

But going by the overall profile, seems to want to attract the normal commuter segment and the tourer. The long flat seat, the forward placed rider footpegs, the high handlebars.
This bike's headlamps are definitely Discover 125 ones, but, in order to integrate the fairing which resembles P220 & ZMA... more the latter. But, IMO this is an attempt by the company to induce some premiumness to Discover series. Moreover, this can bring few numbers that can help tide over the 2-3% fall in sales on MOM basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Though Bajaj is doing well selling its bikes, there is some degree of overlap and also confusion in the Pulsar and Discover segmentation.

What next? May be a Pulsar 110!

And then? A Discover 220!

And finally ? A KTM 110 !
Hi @anjan_c2007

Bajaj is only selling bikes in executive & sporty segment... much more than what others have managed. But, I believe Discover 150 may be the biggest displacement Discover in near future until Pulsar series grows beyond 250cc category & even then manages to sell good numbers. In simple words, if the sales in Pulsar class grown to respectable number, Pulsars will grow over 150-180cc bikes & this field will be left for the Discover to exploit with bigger displacement bikes.

I fully support Bajaj & TVS doing so with Pulsar, Apache & Discover - StarCity range. At least they are selling bikes that will sell even if BS4 is implemented all over India, without any drop in performance or power numbers. FYI, the 1st series Pulsar & Apache had little over 13bhp power, but, now things are quite different with more power, economy & reliability... & for good, as per my personal experience with both brands.

BTW there is a KTM125 as well... so there should not be issues with slightly smaller displacement KTM, even if they sell a 110cc Bajaj engine branded as KTM with Fuel Injection, ABS equipped, 13+PS street fighter bike that manages ~60 kmpl. After all it is much better than Japanese sticker work & voila I got a new bike type of products.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 13:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
ODI hanaged scoop images of Bajaj Discover 150F (discover with 150CC 4-valve DTSi engine & quarter fairing). Here are the pics

Attachment 1219219

Attachment 1219220

Link to their report:

http://overdrive.in/news/exclusive-b...ting-in-india/
OMG A faired Discover?
Failed to understand who is Bajaj aiming with a faired Discover. The buyers in the commuter segment will not bother if their Discover has fairing or not. But the fairing integration looks neat.
Old 16th March 2014, 18:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post

What is that topi (cap) on the front disc in all discover bikes. I really do not understand its purpose.
Welcome to 'Disc-cover', the era of mundane naming.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 12:22   #9

Based on the spy shots available I have tried out a speculative rendering. The design of the fairing seems to inspired from the Pulsar 220.
The headlamp surrounds should be black instead of chrome which can seen on the ongoing Discover range and even on the spy pic.
Integration of the fairing looks neat.
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Discover 150F spotted testing-bajaj-discover-f150-render.jpg  

Old 5th June 2014, 17:55   #10
BHPian

I am on look out for a durable 150-cc bike and was saddened to see that the Discover 150 did not feature in the Bajaj website. Please let me know if it has been phased out and the new variant (as mimicked in earlier posts in this thread) will take its place. Should I wait for its launch or go for Honda Unicorn? Any idea how Bajaj is pricing this one?
Old 28th July 2014, 16:18   #11
Team-BHP Support

The Discover 150F has reached dealerships.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 11th August 2014, 15:27   #12
BHPian

Bajaj has launched the Discover F150 today at Rs 58,739. Good pricing IMO. Hope it doesn't go the Discover 125ST way.

Most Viewed