Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 21:52   #1
BHPian

Mods for RXZ

Hey guys can anyone suggest me some mods to increase the power in a RXZ....

Where can i get it done.

i wanna build this RXZ with full POWER.....
Old 7th July 2006, 22:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its a 4 speed or 5 Speed

If its a 4 speed get a 5 speed Block piston,
port it,
out 125 carb and bigger jet
change the air filter
make sure that crank and connecting rode are perfect
change the clutch plate
change the sporckating,
if you want more power change the gearbox make it 5 speed

Last edited by pdev29 : 7th July 2006 at 22:15.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:05   #3
BHPian

Take it to a decent boring shop and get it ported.

You might need to upjet after that... and the bike will fly.

Simple as that.

Or buy a proton off the shelf-they work pretty decently.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
Hey guys can anyone suggest me some mods to increase the power in a RXZ....

Where can i get it done.

i wanna build this RXZ with full POWER.....

Dude, pls dont forget front disc brakes though they do not contribute anything to the punch in power that you want, but its for your safety as RXZ is a light bike and can really make you fly.
As for the power, pdev29 has good suggestions.

all the best!

az
Old 7th July 2006, 23:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

So many tricks to make the RX series move faster. Just search on the forum. You have plenty of threads here or PM me or the others.

MODS, please close this thread

Last edited by mail4ajo : 7th July 2006 at 23:46.
Old 8th July 2006, 00:07   #6
BHPian

2 stroke tuning is a lot more difficult than just porting the engine and changing the transmission or sprocketting.

Its best done in stages. Stage 1, Stage 2 and stage 3. There can be a lot more stages depending on the tuner and as to how far he wants to go with each stage.

First decide on what you want man. "I want max power" is not descriptive enough. Do you want max power for city riding or are you doing this to try and touch some top speeds? When do you want the power band to start? How wide do you want the power band to be? (There are limitations. You can't expect your power band to start at 1k RPM and end at 9k RPM). How late do you want the power band to come in? You also gotta understand more power also means lesser reliability. You gotta decide on how much is too much for you. There are drag bikes whose engine life is measured in a few thousand kms or even a few hours of racing.

There are a lot more parameters than the ones that i've outlined above. I would suggest the 5 speed barrel for power(that again is if you want outright power. If you want more torque and a peppy bike for city riding, a better option would be the 4 speed barrell.) A 5 speed transmission is good again it depends on how you want your bike. There are guys who have converted 5 speeds to 4 speeds 'cos it suits their style of riding.

My advice, first make up your mind as to what exactly you want. Then start off towards that with first blue printing the engine (Stage 1 port). This is not called "porting" again 'cos all your doing is just getting the engine to the exact specs that the company outlines to get the factory mentioned output. Mass production will have effects like casting flaws, wrong squish band width, a crank that is off. All in all its correcting all the wrongs that are there in the engine. This is tedious work and is not going to blow you away with performance, but its a good foundation to start off with for the other stages of porting. Take it slow 'cos it ain't like a 4 stroke the power will be sudden and you have to get used to it.

Ask around, get a few opinions from 2 stroke riders with ported bikes as to who they would suggest for your port jobs. Your not going to touch top speeds with just one port job.(Maybe you would, but your bike might not be the best tuned or closest to perfection). You have to keep improving on the previous set up.

If you need anymore info. just let us know, there are a lot of people who would be willing to help.

All this research and hard work gone into accumulating information and still no money to start work on my RXZ.

Last edited by TheCockroach : 8th July 2006 at 00:17.
Old 8th July 2006, 01:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

RX-13Z can easily produce 20+ bhp with the following mods.

Porting
Expansion chamber
bigger carb
Old 8th July 2006, 02:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
RX-13Z can easily produce 20+ bhp with the following mods.

Porting
Expansion chamber
bigger carb
RX-13Z?? do we have such an model in india??
Old 8th July 2006, 02:39   #9
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
Its a 4 speed or 5 Speed

If its a 4 speed get a 5 speed Block piston,
port it,
out 125 carb and bigger jet
change the air filter
make sure that crank and connecting rode are perfect
change the clutch plate
change the sporckating,
if you want more power change the gearbox make it 5 speed
and as autozealot mentioned, big front disc brakes are a must.
Old 10th July 2006, 12:04   #10
BHPian

Thanks alot all u guys for the help....

Can anyone suggest me where can i get it done....

Coz the previous RXZ i had ported here at a local guy at lamington road.
for a few days the my bike was running ok but after that i was not giving enough power...

im facing a few problems.
as soon as i start pulling my bike in 1st and 2nd gear it starts misfiring for a few moments and then picks up.

can anyone help me why is this happenin and what can be done ???

Also suggest me a good garage where i can get it done....
Old 16th December 2006, 22:42   #11

hi dez is deeghi here, i need to ask wats a bigger carb, never heard of it. i would be thankful
Old 16th December 2006, 23:32   #12
BHPian

Can u help me?

[quote=TheCockroach;255270]2 stroke tuning is a lot more difficult than just porting the engine and changing the transmission or sprocketting.

Its best done in stages. Stage 1, Stage 2 and stage 3. There can be a lot more stages depending on the tuner and as to how far he wants to go with each stage.

First decide on what you want man. "I want max power" is not descriptive enough. Do you want max power for city riding or are you doing this to try and touch some top speeds? When do you want the power band to start? How wide do you want the power band to be? (There are limitations. You can't expect your power band to start at 1k RPM and end at 9k RPM). How late do you want the power band to come in? You also gotta understand more power also means lesser reliability. You gotta decide on how much is too much for you. There are drag bikes whose engine life is measured in a few thousand kms or even a few hours of racing.

There are a lot more parameters than the ones that i've outlined above. I would suggest the 5 speed barrel for power(that again is if you want outright power. If you want more torque and a peppy bike for city riding, a better option would be the 4 speed barrell.) A 5 speed transmission is good again it depends on how you want your bike. There are guys who have converted 5 speeds to 4 speeds 'cos it suits their style of riding.

My advice, first make up your mind as to what exactly you want. Then start off towards that with first blue printing the engine (Stage 1 port). This is not called "porting" again 'cos all your doing is just getting the engine to the exact specs that the company outlines to get the factory mentioned output. Mass production will have effects like casting flaws, wrong squish band width, a crank that is off. All in all its correcting all the wrongs that are there in the engine. This is tedious work and is not going to blow you away with performance, but its a good foundation to start off with for the other stages of porting. Take it slow 'cos it ain't like a 4 stroke the power will be sudden and you have to get used to it.

Ask around, get a few opinions from 2 stroke riders with ported bikes as to who they would suggest for your port jobs. Your not going to touch top speeds with just one port job.(Maybe you would, but your bike might not be the best tuned or closest to perfection). You have to keep improving on the previous set up.

If you need anymore info. just let us know, there are a lot of people who would be willing to help.

All this research and hard work gone into accumulating information and still no money to start work on my RXZ. [/quote
I have an rxz, its giving me 30kmpl. can u suggest me what should i do to get atleast 40kmpl. i have decarbonised the silencer, cleaned the curb,and also avoid using clutch frequently. i have also checked the clutch plate.
Old 17th December 2006, 01:43   #13
BHPian

HONDA....if you want your Yamaha to fly then go the way Cockroach has suggested. That is the only way to do it. Its a lot of hard work but if you persevere you will get the results.

Deeghi a bigger carb means a carb which has a bigger venturi. Carbs come in sizes measured in mm. I think a RXZ uses a VM22. 22 stands for 22 mm.
Old 19th December 2006, 14:53   #14

i own cbz, rxz, rd350. i have always been a fan of 2stroke bikes, i have k&n filtters in all da bike including da cbz i have done sproketing in cbz is it possible to increase more power in cbz (kmpl no issue)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks