Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 16:27   #16
BHPian

Re: My Night Fury - The Suzuki GS150R

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Fortunately there are a bunch of good places that you can service your motorcycle. I'll speak from my experience, I used to give my bike (Bajaj Pulsar and Yamaha R15) to Raymond for servicing and he used to do a good job. He works on everything from 2 strokers to commuters to superbikes and even preps a few motorcycles for rallies. Im 99% sure that Ive seen GS150R's being serviced at his place. And hes a very nice chap as well. The address is 1st Main Rd, 1st Block Koramangala, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034. Just put Ray Motors on your Google machine.
I had given my GS150R to Raymond for an engine overhaul. Though it took more than 1.5 months to get my bike back, I had a feeling that I had given my bike to a person who knows his work. I got my bike back a week ago and have been using it for short commutes now. I have been riding very carefully not to cross 4.5K RPM for the first 1000km. The engine sounds a bit gruff with some noise even at idle. I will wait it out till the first service and see if the components get settled well.

Thanks for referring to a trusty FNG. Now-a-days, it is hard to find one such mechanic who does the job well.
Old 21st September 2021, 09:17   #17
BHPian

I have finally jumped ships.
I started feeling the need to have a bigger bike for my highway rides. I was always straining my GS with constant 100kmph during my highway rides. The latest ride from Bangalore to Coimbatore a few months back proved that again.
So, I have finally upgraded. Sold my GS a couple of weeks back. It was a tough decision to sell my very well maintained GS for lesser amount compared to rival products (blame the poor reputation of GS among people). Nevertheless, a decision had to be made. I didn't want to have 2 motorcycles in the garage and maintain both.
Let's hope the new owner finds joy in owning a GS.
samcan123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 09:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well I stumbled too late on this thread.
The GS150R was my pick over the Unicorn, had taken a TD, very comfortable for both the rider and pillion.
It was an excellent 150 which you can tour with.

Right to move on to something bigger, if you haven't I would recommend looking at liquid cooling as a mandatory feature, helps a lot on those highway rides especially summers.

Enjoy the Rides
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed