Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2006, 15:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bajaj dreams big. When will it deliver though!?!

Read in an interview with head honcho Rajiv Bajaj.

Some interesting excerpts:

"We are not looking at quantity," he says. "Honda globally sells four to six times the number of bikes we do, so numbers don't matter." No? "Our aim," he continues, "is to make the next most powerful bike, create a new technological benchmark, make bikes powered with over 200cc engines (it is launching a 220cc Pulsar soon) and sell our products globally."

Says Religare's Jain: "Two-wheeler sales will peak in India in the next three to four years, so you need to hedge your bets and get into emerging and underdeveloped markets. That might also be the reason for Bajaj Auto wanting to diversify into the four-wheeler market with LCVs.

I will continue with Kawasaki as long as I cannot make a bike faster than theirs. They are my teachers. We are working on a 300cc bike.

I don't know if there is a market for it, but that is what critics had said about the Pulsar. Remember, the seven series of BMW is its highest seller.
Old 11th July 2006, 00:07   #2
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Well, they certainly know what they are talking about. As for the 300cc bike - Bring It On... theres a market for u right here. when i get back to India, dont think i'll settle 4 anything less thn tht.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks