Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2006, 18:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000f
Sand paper to port the bike?
I use sand paper to clean out my ports...
Would take a life time to actually take out a couple of mm of material even with the thickest sand paper.
This is funny and news to me. I have heard people use only CNC machines and sometime dental equipment to port cylinder.
Old 20th July 2006, 19:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

okie i would like to ask sumthing which is offtopic but still........
what you all think about quick throttle. does that make difference and how much? i have one RXZ in my group which has a quick throttle. i tried it and felt the difference but want to how much difference it makes? and i heard its around 800 rs is that true.

Last edited by pdev29 : 20th July 2006 at 19:03.
Old 20th July 2006, 21:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
what you all think about quick throttle. does that make difference and how much?
I have used this on my old RX. It makes a difference if you are on the race or rally bike where quick acceleartion is required. On a road bike, it just not convienent in the city and wastes too much fuel. It costs me about 750Rs in 2001
Old 20th July 2006, 21:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
This is funny and news to me. I have heard people use only CNC machines and sometime dental equipment to port cylinder.
I dont know whether your joking here... but i have never come across anyone in my life who uses a CNC to port a barrel.
Old 20th July 2006, 21:55   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Devang,

was clean out the ports with sand paper
Viper
Guys I used the words sand paper to give a general idea of the raw material used to the not so intelligent/technical people.

If you wish I can list the exact specs, type & method of porting as well.

Viper
Old 20th July 2006, 22:00   #36
BHPian

Half Port is a local Lingo here in mumbai but i donno exactly wat it stands for......
Old 20th July 2006, 23:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know whether your joking here... but i have never come across anyone in my life who uses a CNC to port a barrel.
I am sad that you havent. But that shows you havent seen advanced porting at all. With due respects, I wish to say, that advanced porting is done with CNC machines and hand finished because some portions are not accessible by the machine.

The CNC only performs the basic porting. Many hours are spent on final finishing.

I have seen the entire process. On the average, it takes about 3-4 hours of hand work before it is ready for assembly.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 20th July 2006 at 23:42.
Old 21st July 2006, 04:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Roach- Yes same person from the other forum.
Neat! Bro.

Quote:
You dont know what he means by half port-full port
No friggin' idea man!
Old 21st July 2006, 04:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I am sad that you havent. But that shows you havent seen advanced porting at all. With due respects, I wish to say, that advanced porting is done with CNC machines and hand finished because some portions are not accessible by the machine.

The CNC only performs the basic porting. Many hours are spent on final finishing.

I have seen the entire process. On the average, it takes about 3-4 hours of hand work before it is ready for assembly.

Sir! Porting done with a CNC? We are not talking about shaving the head or the bore. We're talking ports. A drill gun with specified drill bits are used.

Whats advanced porting? Are you talking about adding new transfer ports?
Old 21st July 2006, 13:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockroach
Sir! Porting done with a CNC? We are not talking about shaving the head or the bore. We're talking ports. A drill gun with specified drill bits are used.

Whats advanced porting? Are you talking about adding new transfer ports?
I dont have a Indian images to show. I saw this in a foreign website I bookmarked during my bike build days. I was told by the machine operator when I ported my cylinder that porting by hand makes the port volumes unmatched. The head will give better output only if the port volumes are matched. This is not possible when done by hand because hand work lacks precision.

The place where I went does high performance porting with imported CNC machines and is not a road side mechanic with hand tools. But has a disadvantage as well. I was charged a bomb
Old 21st July 2006, 16:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Okie excep porting what else can be done to increase the pickup?

As far as i know and what i have on my bike it goes like this.

1) EC
2) Porting
3) Spark Plug and Cord
4) Air Filter
5) Sporckating

Okie what else can we add in this list to increase the power. okie and i am talking about a normal bike not a drag setup.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I dont have a Indian images to show. I saw this in a foreign website I bookmarked during my bike build days. I was told by the machine operator when I ported my cylinder that porting by hand makes the port volumes unmatched. The head will give better output only if the port volumes are matched. This is not possible when done by hand because hand work lacks precision.

The place where I went does high performance porting with imported CNC machines and is not a road side mechanic with hand tools. But has a disadvantage as well. I was charged a bomb

What do you need to match your ports with on a single cylinder rx man?
Unless you've been working on your transfers too..
INteresting stuff though... care to PM me the name and number of the person doing this.
I'd be more than interested to speak to him about doing me a portjob.

Cockroach Half port means hes taken a couple of mm off your ports but your still not nearly as fast as "our street port"
Full port means hes got almost 4-5mm out.You get no mileage but your still nowhere near a track/race setup.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:48   #43
BHPian

HALF Porting is just Polishing the Intake And Exhaust Barrels by removing the exessive aluminium....FUll Porting includes polishing , then enlarging ports at cylinder wall according to DEGREE from ATDC.....Which is very difficult job....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~ View Post
Half Port is a local Lingo here in mumbai but i donno exactly wat it stands for......

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th March 2008 at 16:53. Reason: Only two smilies allowed

Most Viewed