Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 22:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
The new logo looks like shit, but would RE really care. I guess not. With their share price going up INR 1k every month, it is at about 7.4k IIRC. from 6k something last month. They have nothing to loose. This is just a gimmick to show its shareholders that they are on the path of movement and upgradation to further jack up the share price. So far, they have been successful.
Yes, but you know, this change could have been better. They could've put in some real work into redesigning this Logo & overall brand recognition. To be frank, some new colors & logos on them looks as if copied from a cartoon movie.
Old 28th May 2014, 23:05   #77
BHPian

I don't notice a thing. Which means that except for those already owning an RE or looking to buy one, this logo change probably means nothing and will be hardly noticed. Move on guys.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 10:22   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Yes, but you know, this change could have been better. They could've put in some real work into redesigning this Logo & overall brand recognition. To be frank, some new colors & logos on them looks as if copied from a cartoon movie.
I would've been more happier had they made some changes to the brakes on say Electra/Std, or maybe would have fixed some quality related issues. Shareholders are more important to RE than Customers. It is sad that this is happening. I mean without a good customer base, there is no way RE can achieve anything. Waiting period has come down dramatically though, A friend who booked his Classic 350 in Jan last year got it delivered a couple of weeks back, that is promising.
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:29   #79
BHPian

I booked my Bullet 500 in April 2014. Just got a mail saying the bike has been allotted. Had to pull a lot of strings at RE for the delivery and still it took slightly over a month. Thankfully no new change as far as the logo is concerned on the Standard 500.
Old 3rd June 2014, 23:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I booked my Bullet 500 in April 2014. Just got a mail saying the bike has been allotted. Had to pull a lot of strings at RE for the delivery and still it took slightly over a month. Thankfully no new change as far as the logo is concerned on the Standard 500.
Yes, I haven't seen a CGT & standard 500 with a modified logo design. Hope they don't change these
Old 4th June 2014, 02:08   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Yes, I haven't seen a CGT & standard 500 with a modified logo design. Hope they don't change these
Ask and ye shall receive - see pics in recent online review from US-based outlet, Ultimate Motorcycling:
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014...t-ride-review/

More recent reviews of the Conti GT with pics of new logo on tanks:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/931/18...irst-Ride.aspx

Initially I wasn't too happy with these new logos, but I think I can get used to them. Still think the original logos look better though.

Last edited by grplr02 : 4th June 2014 at 02:11. Reason: added stuff ..
grplr02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 00:10   #82
BHPian

Recently while our usual rides, I had a chat with a lot or RE enthusiasts and they all say that they don't like the recent changes.

It's correct, that people will eventually get used to things, but a legend must not change or try to change it's legacy and roots.
Old 9th June 2014, 20:55   #83
BHPian

I had booked my TB 350 under the impression that Lightening is Glossy Black and now realise that its Glossy Brown Green which is certainly not how I would want my RE to look like. Is glossy black discontinued? Is Stone the only color option available in black now in TB 350?
Old 9th June 2014, 23:03   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
Is Stone the only color option available in black now in TB 350?
Yes, for now stone is the only available black Thunderbird. The other two colors are Lightning (Greenish Brown) and Marine (Bluish black). I took delivery of my Thunderbird lightning just last week and it is a marvellous shade. Have been receiving many compliments. Marine also is a very different shade of blue, not seen anywhere else before. I suggest you check out all available colors in person before taking a decision.
Old 9th June 2014, 23:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked my TB 350 under the impression that Lightening is Glossy Black and now realise that its Glossy Brown Green which is certainly not how I would want my RE to look like. Is glossy black discontinued? Is Stone the only color option available in black now in TB 350?
Yes Icarus. Glossy Black (Flicker) as they called it is now no longer in production. The only "Black" you can opt is Stone (Matte Finish). Originally had booked the Flicker TB 350. But very reluctantly changed it to Lightning, simply because I had no choice!

Also its been 3.5 months since I booked the TB350. I read on the forum that others have received an email informing them a bike has been allotted. Is this the case at all dealerships or is it specific to some dealerships/cities?

The dealer has just 1 response - waiting time 4-6 months. And I very often read folks from other cities get the bike within 2 months of booking??
Old 9th June 2014, 23:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Marine, lightning & stone are the only options. Twilight black used to be an awesome color option, don't know why they discontinued it.
Old 10th June 2014, 06:45   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Yes Icarus. Glossy Black (Flicker) as they called it is now no longer in production.
======
The dealer has just 1 response - waiting time 4-6 months. And I very often read folks from other cities get the bike within 2 months of booking??

Thanks. In that case need to visit the showroom and reconfirm my color option. Delivery time promised to me is 2-2.5 months as written on my booking invoice as well. Had booked on 14th May so got to start followups too now. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th June 2014, 14:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

I think the old logo looked better than what they have come up now.

Instead of changing the Logos and all, they should utilize their time in improving product quality and reliability. There are so many threads with RE niggling problems. A little more focus on the attention to details and fine-tuning would be so nice, as they have some very good and desirable products - the only deterrent to a newbie bullet buyer are these niggling issues.
Old 19th June 2014, 17:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

What I felt that RE could do instead of the logo change(which may be part of their moving forward agenda), is that they can bring out a limited edition TB with the 535 engine and a 6 speed transmission. I would book one right away.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 22:24   #90
BHPian

The new logo looks a bit cartoonish to me. Ordinarily, I'm for change, but in this case, tey might have been better of not messing with history. I hope there's a good reason for this. But for me, this doesn't really take away from the motoring experience. Maybe they chose the new logo to signify a new era of modernisation and to distinguish the new, indigenous products from the old British Iron. As with all changes, there are good aspects and bad. Let's hope that with the new logo comes better products and better service.

I really wish RE would make a low slung cruiser, or at least bring their export version Electra for sale over here. I see it has been removed from the Indian website.

Last edited by vivekgk : 29th June 2014 at 22:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks