Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2014, 23:09   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

Hey Guys,

Just heard from my Dealer at Dehradun & also found some pictures on facebook. These clearly reflect that Royal Enfield has changed it's logo design on all Royal Enfield bikes & have also come up with a new key design for all it's bikes.

Please check out the attached pictures.

My personal 2 cents. I find the new set pretty yucky. :(

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-603689_645780508827847_4289722233750974148_n.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-1609740_645780438827854_4615734995842650050_n.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-10325672_645780472161184_550538245804819935_n.jpg
shan2129 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 01:21   #2
BANNED

re: Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

The old logo was much better. What was RE thinking?
Old 6th May 2014, 02:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

I realize Royal Enfield wants to portray itself as a progressive company which is willing to take on new ideas but I feel they should keep the styling of their logo as it was.

The font of the existing logo goes back at least as far as 1951. Perhaps further.

It has come to symbolize the company almost as much as the name itself.

If they feel they must use a more stylized font, they should limit it to the more stylized versions of their motorcycle models such as the Thunderbird and any similar model they produce.

The Classics and the new Continental GT should carry the old version of the font which they've proudly carried for over 50 years.
ArizonaJim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 22:14   #4
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
The old logo was much better. What was RE thinking?
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
I realize Royal Enfield wants to portray itself as a progressive company which is willing to take on new ideas but I feel they should keep the styling of their logo as it was.

The font of the existing logo goes back at least as far as 1951. Perhaps further.

It has come to symbolize the company almost as much as the name itself.

If they feel they must use a more stylized font, they should limit it to the more stylized versions of their motorcycle models such as the Thunderbird and any similar model they produce.

The Classics and the new Continental GT should carry the old version of the font which they've proudly carried for over 50 years.
I agree with you. The Classic brand & the CGT both carry legendary vintage value with them. Tinkering with the logo in these machines feels wrong.

Even changing the logo on models like the Thunderbird feels wrong to me. The TB500 that I have has a distinct stencil type logo & even that doesn't feel up to the mark of a legendary manufacturer.

Hope someone in their team comes to their senses & reverse these changes.
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 14:25   #5
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post

Enfield must progress, but as a company which makes new tech. I think the hand-painted logo was a part of the 'traditional charm' for which people buy REs.

The best thing they can do is make a new platform, make an engine which is more powerful and improve their awful build quality. People want the looks of the bullet, but new motors with good performance.

In the world with KTM duke 200 and 390 at an astonishing price, with their motors producing 26(at FE of 35 kmpl) and 44 horses respectively, I think RE has to step up and new engines are a must.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:37   #6
BHPian

I don't like those new logos, tank decals.
its doesn't seem to live up to the brand image any more.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:47   #7
BHPian

To me the Keys look like some special edition stuff. It really looks classy & would be happy to have such key for my Thunderbird.

I am not able to find the new logo on Royal Enfield website. I know they are not the best of the marketing company and go slow on new launches or remakes.
But It has turned out to be their USP, I suppose.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Some other images that I could get hold of. Thank you BRC Pune.

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-5.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-6.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-7.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-8.jpg

Below is one which I already shared, but lets have it at one place

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-4.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 15:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow why try to fix something which is not broken? They were doing good with the existing logos which was actually elegant compared to the new ones :(
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 17:40   #10

RE has so many things to focus on with regards to QC and they go and redesign the logo which is their brand identity!

An iconic design like RE logo should not be messed around with, instead go back to the hand painted tank pinstripes as it were in the bullet standard.
arunr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 18:00   #11
BHPian

Yes, I agree with the above comments. This new logo seems to be an attempt to prove that the Royal Enfield brand is a vintage brand.

This new logo does not have the elegance and simplicity of the good old logo. Hope it ends as a "has been" logo after a short spell. Sad to see this logo change.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:15   #12
BHPian

Definitely a bad move by RE.
I can see them reverting this decision back very soon as this design is going to be hated by one and all !

As bad as the new logo looks on others, It looks absolutely disgusting on the Desert Storme ! WTH RE !
Old 7th May 2014, 18:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am sure they would've spent a bomb hiring a designer company to come up with this nonsensical pursuit. RE doesn't have to reinvent itself because people buy RE for the old world charm! (Yes, the font and logo included)

Now if only they spend a few more of money into R&D and reproduce the lovely cast iron thump and the classy low rev torque which no bike in today's global market can recreate (not even the current breed of "Bulls") ...

Last edited by alpha1 : 7th May 2014 at 18:35.
Old 7th May 2014, 19:04   #14
BHPian

I agree with all of you that the logo change is not for the better. Especially the one on the Thunderbird 350 (pic put up by Majumdarda) looks downright hideous.

I was planning to pick up a Thunderbird or Classic 500, I guess I will now have to start searching for vehicles which have the old logo instead of the new one.

Usually, there is a some kind of resistance whenever a manufacturer tries to change the logo, but what RE has done is something that almost everyone who likes / owns a RE will hate. Hope there is some kind of feedback mechanism where we can put some sense into their heads.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:06   #15

I for one like the Royal Enfield logo on the TB's tank, better than the outgoing ones...cant say the same about the design on "Thunderbird350" nomenclature.

Agreed on classic & desert storm, the new logo looks out of place and downright hideous, like an after-market decal. RE sure is using the R&D budgets in the wrong areas!

Most Viewed