Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 17:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Congratulations on the Inazuma. Honestly speaking never even heard about this bike till i saw your thread

Please share more technical details of bike in terms of CC, BHP, Torque, FE etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Finally the choice came down to Triumph Bonnie or Suzuki Inazuma. Japanese reliability, better economy, lower price point & lack of a dealer in Tamil Nadu, made me narrow down on the Inazuma. There will definitely be bonnie down the road sometime.
Nice to hear that your choice was between Bonnie and Inazuma. Can you elaborate the reasons for shortlisting these two bikes?

Did you do a test ride of the Bonnie? If yes, please share more feedback regarding this comparison as it would be interesting to know your views

Besides above, price of a Bonnie is 80% higher than a Inazuma so technically it should not even be considered as its not in the same pricing line..
Old 15th May 2014, 19:26   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition.
What are the other bikes you compared to before arriving at the decision.?
Bonny is definitely not a comparison with 867cc of displacement.
From a price/displacement perspetive, I considered the CBR250, Duke 200/390. Ride comfort & seating posture was the reson, why I picked Inazuma over the other 2/3. Bonnie is my all time favorite bike. I am a big fan of the classic street bike looks. Two reasons why I didn't go for the Bonnie was I wanted to find something in the 3.5 range and there is no Triumph dealer Tamil Nadu. Besides, Bonnie does have it's traditional British Quirks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Congratulations!!!

The bike oozes quality from everywhere and i believe this is a better bet than a 390 for someone who's into long distance touring.
For someone who does sub 100 km rides, the 390 makes much more sense, but if you are going to spend couple of hours on the sadle, try it before you buy it.

Quote:
I love the console with the big analog tachometer staring at your face.
I love it too man. You need to see the finish of the 390 and Inazuma console side by side to see the difference in quality.

Quote:
I for sure would give it a second look because it is just too premium to be compared with the "wannabe racers" (a-la FZs, Unicorns, Discovers etc).
From the rear and front people definitely realize that it is something different. I have been chased down many times to inquire about the bike. Many people assume it is atleast a 500 when they see the size. They are surprised when i tell them it is a 250 on steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Enjoyed reading it. You covered almost all the points expect the must ask Indian question
Have not checked properly yet, but I suspect it is in the region of 30. Now that first service is done and oil is changed, I will do a tank full to tank full and update you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How much did the 1st service cost you at 800kms? Is there an extended warranty or so for this bike?
First service cost about 1000 including 3 liters of oil, but they returned 800 ml oil which I can use for the next service so technically it should be only about 750 Rs including 2.1 liters of oil & filter change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I know you are a bit of DIY person, you could have fabricated the engine guard yourself.
I did think about it, but given that it is a safety devise, I thought best to get the OEM quality/finish rather than my own jugaad. It hurt but what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
It is a very good alternate to a Bullet, only if the Bullet guys find that connect. Am completely off as far as cruisers go, so can't comment much.
If one can get over the price & looks, this is the best alternative to the bullet available. I don't think a bulletter will ever settle down comfortably on a Duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Very well written initial report with some detailed pics. Love the console the best on the bike. I have a thing for analogue tachometers and this one is amazing. Congrats on your acquisition and wishing you lots of happy mile munching.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations but..... 4Lacs for this!! This is seriously over priced. A pre-owned 2012 Ninja 650 would have come in that budget and would have been much much more enjoyable.
Anyways, enjoy the exclusivity. This is going to remain a few member club.
I didn't look around but most decent Ninja's, the asking price was over 5 Lakhs. Also with performance bikes, there is always the risk that the previous owner has ripped it so one needs to be very careful in buying a used performance bike. I would only buy from a known person. I hunted a bit, but couldn't really find a good one which was reasonably priced.

The second thing is that I have a weekly round trip sometimes, twice a week from coimbatore to ooty, which is about 200 km up and down, so i couldn't ignore the mileage factor also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Congratulations on your new motorcycle. I am not sure what part of you felt that this was a value for money purchase but then the money and decision is yours.
No where in my review have I claimed it is value for money. It is definitely not but setting aside the money,

Quote:
Why did you even bother with a center stand and engine guard?
Try cleaning/lubricating the chain or changing the tyre without a center stand, then you will understand. Engine guard also protests you legs to some extend.
Quote:
Yes; the Duke's are not cruisers in true sense of it. However; at the asking price, I won't complain too much about some short comings of the motorcycle. The pair are brilliant motorcycles in their own way. I am willing to let go of some fit and finish areas.
The reason, I didn't buy the duke is not due to Fit and finish issues. I was really gung ho about Duke until I did a very long road trip along. If you are mostly puntering around the city and doing short trips, then Duke is the way to go.

Quote:
With the Suzuki, it is lame that Suzuki managed so little performance from a parallel twin 250 block. I can live with the looks of it and it sure looks comfortable. The performance is a serious downer for me though.
Peak Torque is available at 6500 rpm. This suits my riding style better as I prefer a more relaxed engine than a screaming one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
However even one of my friends who is an avid bike enthusiast, complimented the bike to no end when he test rode the thing just after it was launched. I believe that there is something we can learn here; as educated auto/bike-enthusiasts, we cannot afford to be like the rest of society and begin to judge things on face-value. Our enthusiasm on the subject, ought to prevail
Price is the only think that kills the bike. Other than that it is a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
First of all, congrats on your purchase. This is the kind of Suzuki bike we need in India. But by not not manufacturing it India, I think Suzuki has missed a trick. They could have offered it at a much lower price and it would be selling like hot cakes. Suzuki, please ask KTM how they have grown in India.
This bike is going to be absolute failure for Suzuki. No doubht about it, but I am glad I got one when it is available

Quote:
Two questions I have got: Does it use a carb or FI? Is black the only colour on offer?
It is Fuel Injected. Black & Red are the two colors available.

Quote:
I have a slightly different view here. Reason: If you get stuck, there'll be a mechanic in the vicinity who will be able to fix it and get your bike up and running in no time.
I think you are wrong. 95% of Two wheeler Mechanics do not know how to repair a bullet. You need to pick a bullet mechanic to fix a bullet. He will come with exactly the 6 or 7 spanners required to fix the bike. Secondly some parts like the CDI unit etc, are not easily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
a Suzuki 250 twin which makes most of its power between 3k rpm and 7500 rpm should be a good city runner. But i see you are emphasizing its highway capabilities. I want to know whats the speed it does at a relaxed rpm in top gear.
I had an rpm limit of 5.5K for the first 800 kms, so i have been riding very conservitavly. Will update you on comfortable/vibe free cruising speed after another 500 kms or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Also, i feel comparing the inazuma with the duke 390 will not be right. Both dont seem to have a competitor in India at this point.
But for someone in a 3 Lakhs + or - budget both will be on the list, though they are different in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please share more technical details of bike in terms of CC, BHP, Torque, FE etc...
250 parrallel twin, 25 bhp @ 8500 rpm, 22 NM Torque @ 7000 rpm. Not checked FE as it was still in run in period, but I suspect about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice to hear that your choice was between Bonnie and Inazuma. Can you elaborate the reasons for shortlisting these two bikes?
Did you do a test ride of the Bonnie? If yes, please share more feedback regarding this comparison as it would be interesting to know your views
Besides above, price of a Bonnie is 80% higher than a Inazuma so technically it should not even be considered as its not in the same pricing line..
I just love the Bonnie for it's retro street bike looks. It is priced much higher and there is no dealer in Tamil Nadu, so I couldn't get a test drive. I am not saying it is in the same segment, but it is one of the bikes that I considered, in the 5L segment.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 15th May 2014 at 19:28.
4x4addict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 23:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase!!!

Quote:
This bike is going to be absolute failure for Suzuki. No doubt about it, but I am glad I got one when it is available
You rightly put it. This is a wonderful bike, if you can afford it, then just buy and Enjoy without looking at the price figure. I was seriously considering this bike when waiting for my Bullet500, but as soon as the pricing was announced, the choice was clear for me. Its roughly 1L overpriced.

Quote:
3) Knees bent back seating position. Of the three things, the third one was a show stopper for me.
There are no options in the 1-3L bike segment with upright sitting arrangement other than Bullet. I too didnt consider Duke 390 for the same reason.

Quote:

3) Slick gearbox with no false gears. The only problem I found is that if I came to a sudden stand still in 6th gear, it was a pain to downshift all the way to 1st. Best to downshift when bike is moving. Then no problem at all.

As an ex GS150R owner, I can easily understand your pain. Its even more worse when you dont have heel shifter. Can you check if you can install a toe-heel shifter? May be GS150R's can be used here.

A request - Please post few pictures where Inazuma is parked next to a mass market commuter bike , to show the difference in size.

Last edited by arjithin : 15th May 2014 at 23:23.
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 07:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try cleaning/lubricating the chain or changing the tyre without a center stand, then you will understand. Engine guard also protests you legs to some extend.
Chain cleaning is difficult without the center stand but not impossible. I can manage on my KTM. Besides; how often are you going to clean the chain.

Once again, how often do you find yourself fixing a flat with a tubeless tire? Even if you do get a flat, you can run some and get it fixed.

How does a engine guard protect your legs and from what? I can think of only rain water not reaching your legs.

Clearly; you have the money so I guess none of the above bothers you when it comes to spending. I just felt it was not required. Besides; 25k is ridiculous.

The other part I don't get is, how is this bike so expensive after being a ckd unit.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th May 2014 at 07:24.
Old 16th May 2014, 07:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Chain cleaning is difficult without the center stand but not impossible. I can manage on my KTM. Besides; how often are you going to clean the chain.

Once again, how often do you find yourself fixing a flat with a tubeless tire? Even if you do get a flat, you can run some and get it fixed.

How does a engine guard protect your legs and from what? I can think of only rain water not reaching your legs.
+1 buddy,

25K was royally ridiculous on the part of Suzuki. They are just making hay with customers who are buying the Inazuma.

Engine guard as the name suggests engine protector. Leg guard for the legs.
Old 16th May 2014, 08:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Cleaning and lubing the chain on a bike without a center stand is not impossible but highly tedious for sure. Yes, you can get a paddock stand for a fraction of a price that he's paid for the center stand. But can you carry it along while you are touring? No. Besides, center stand makes so much sense in a country like ours especially when you've to park your bike in crowded places.
Cleaning and lubing the chain has to be done every 600kms (or so) and for a person who commutes >100 kms daily, well, you work out the math!!!

Quote:
Again, if and when you get a flat tire, its easier to repair!

Quote:
By engine guard, i think he meant the leg guard (4X4addict - correct me if i'm wrong here). I once had had a fall on my Pulsar while taking a right turn and trust me, the guard saved my legs from being crushed under the bike. Also, I don't think you can fix a frame slider on this bike so the guard makes sense.

Quote:
Clearly; you have the money so I guess none of the above bothers you when it comes to spending. I just felt it was not required. Besides; 25k is ridiculous.
How much money he has and where he spends it is none of anyone's business here. Agreed that the pricing is ridiculous but then these are the parts that offer function over form. If you've to shell out 25k for it, so be it. The cost is minute when compared to the cost that you might incur if you've a fall!!!

Quote:
The other part I don't get is, how is this bike so expensive after being a ckd unit.
Agreed! The Ninja 300 which is also a ckd, offers similar quality,reasonable comfort and produces 39bhp comes at INR 3.9lacs now. I seriously do not understand why they're charging the same price for this. It should get a price cut of atleast a lac.
Porschefire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 12:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But can you carry it along while you are touring? No. Besides, center stand makes so much sense in a country like ours especially when you've to park your bike in crowded places.
If you are touring, most folks here are prepared with their rides, not fix things during the last minute or while riding. If you must re lube your chain while out riding, its not impossible without a center stand. You can still do it.

As for parking in tight spaces, I am so sure the Inzuma owner is not going to park this motorcycle in a public parking space. The center stand is not going to save a blinker from getting knocked off.

Quote:
, the guard saved my legs from being crushed under the bike.
If what is visible in the images is the so called engine guard, that does not look like its gonna save the rider from bruises. It is still better for the rider to be geared up. Its more to save the bike from getting kinked.

Quote:
How much money he has and where he spends it is none of anyone's business here.
Agreed. Not a problem for me, for sure.

Quote:
produces 39bhp comes at INR 3.9lacs now.
I understand that a parallel twin is twice the engine parts and will cost more cause they are probably importing the engine. Atleast throw in some more power and a basic safety net like ABS. Even then, the price needs to come down.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th May 2014 at 12:05.
Old 16th May 2014, 22:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@sandeepmohan. If you got issues with the Inazuma don't shoot the rider man. I have pm'd you Suzuki India Corporate Headquarters...

I prefer to have the bike on center stand for a number of reason. I don't reall asking you for a loan to buy the center stand, and engine guard, so chill out man.. I am quite happy with the bike, and sorry if that makes you upset.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 16th May 2014 at 22:21.
4x4addict is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 23:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Gotta love the big twin pipes.

Saree guard staying?

Congrats on the purchase
Old 16th May 2014, 23:44   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase buddy, this was in my mind before purchasing CL350.
Had couple of drives in my friends' GS150R, it felt great, can imagine Ina would be far better than GS, happy thumping, oops... twin-ing around...
raguprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 17:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you got issues with the Inazuma don't shoot the rider man. I don't reall asking you for a loan
Yes I have issues with the Inazuma. They are my own. Don't remember shooting you down maan. You are taking it the wrong way.

You never asked me or anyone for a loan. I don't recall saying that anywhere. Do not quote for something I have not done. I did say its your money and you can do whatever you want with it. Its none of my business.

Once again, enjoy your motorcycle.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 21:34   #27
BHPian

Hi 4x4addict, congratulations for your bike. Hope you enjoy many many happy miles in the coming days.

I have a question, though. Did you consider Honda CBR250R when you were on the look out for a bike? Given that the bike is hailed as one of the best tourers, Honda's quality and refinement not withstanding, the bike is also available for 1.9 Lakhs with ABS too, I'm curious as to know why did you opt the bike out?

--
Regards,
Thirugnnanam.
Old 17th May 2014, 21:43   #28
BHPian

Well congrats "4x4 addict", you have listened to your heart and brain and taken the right thing for your needs.

Infact your needs are quite similar to my needs to and there are a lot of persons like us whose needs match.

At least what I want:
1) A tourer- not a sports tourer neither a cruiser.
2) Minimal plastic parts to rattle and for easy accesibility to the engine and other parts, should something go wrong (which I pray should never. Off course I do understand that there is nothing much with FI bikes that you can do with the engine)
3) A good spacious pillion seat.
4) Good ground clearance.
5) Not all guys require Cross-counrty Adventure models. If I am happy with my Apache RTR180 and have had no problems with it in my Ladakh run and on bad roads. I suppose I can live without any Adventure model. (Off course If I get one in the right budget I will go for one, but I doubt it being comfortable on tarred roads. Have no idea!)
6) A soft suspension to soak up potholes and bad roads. Mind it I am not going to jump the bike like a Motocross bike and that too with a pillion.
7) Silky smooth engine which is a must for long rides other wise the engine virbrations and noise gets irritating over the long hours we spend on saddle. The torque and power of the engine should be enough to pull the bike with pillion over most hill roads and for a fast overtaking manoveure. I do not think we long here for a bike with outright top speeds of over 120 Kph which are of no use in Indian conditions.
8) Place to put our saddle bags and more luggage but still have space for pillion to seat comfortably.
9) A must is tubeless tyres and a Centre Stand! I did also prefer a Kick starter for that added advantage it has.
10) Good wide soft compound tyres which provide good traction on wet roads and the most important...
11) A very comfortable posture. For me its the commuterish position which is the most comfortable position. I still like my Old Victors seating and handlebar position.

I think Inazuma clicks most of the above points. Because we do not have these things in other motorcycles most pesons opt for RE bikes (other than their fan following type guys).
I am not a RE guy especially due to the reliability and power to weight ratio reason.

The only thing which keeps me going for the Inazuma is the price tag. If I had the mullah why not I would have surely opted for it.

Yes one more thing I wanted in the Inazuma for its price tag was more Engine CC ie. more torque and power. Other than this point the Inazuma seems to be a brilliant bike. (Forget the looks its personal). And not to forget the twin cylinder configuration!

Congrats once again and look forward to the detailed reviews on points like:
1) How is it in corners.
2) How is the pillion support.
3) How much is the fuel efficiency.
4) How much is the cost to maintain one?
5) Reliability.
6) Is the power and torque enough for two heavy pillion riders?
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 07:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have an opinion on this bike being a tourer

For me, a important qualification for a tourer is availability of parts and repair facilities in remote areas. You can get stuck because of unreliability and also because of mistakes - like hitting a ditch or pothole at speed. Unreliability you can plan for not the unexpected breakdown. This is where I think Bullet still scores
Old 20th May 2014, 20:40   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Saree guard staying?
Wanted to tell them to remove it during the first service but forgot. Will probably do it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirugnnanam View Post
I have a question, though. Did you consider Honda CBR250R when you were on the look out for a bike?
I did consider the CBR250. However, even the CBR has a leaned forward/seat back seating in someways it is more leaned forward than even the Duke. I wanted a more erect position. Also, I feel a Twin can make better low end torque than a wrung out single cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Well congrats "4x4 addict", you have listened to your heart and brain and taken the right thing for your needs.

Infact your needs are quite similar to my needs to and there are a lot of persons like us whose needs match.
Fuel Injection is not almost as common as chalk and cheese. The biggest advantage I feel is that the air fuel mixture is adjusted real time. If you take a carburated bike to very high altitudes, you need start playing around with the air screw & idle screw.

This bike meets most of your needs.
Quote:
1) How is it in corners.
Handling is very good. Have taken it up and down the hills a couple of times. The little rubber hairs on my tyres are worn out from outer edge to outer edge. This means you are able to safely tilt the bike to the end of the rubber. Once made the mistake of using the leg brake on a hairpin bend and brake pedal scraped the floor. So in terms of cornering I think it does the job reasonably well. But my trip up and down the same road in a duke was much faster.

Quote:
2) How is the pillion support.
Pillion will be extremely comfortable. Flat seat and solid grab handles at rear. You maybe able to source a decent sissy bar.

Quote:
3) How much is the fuel efficiency.
Not checked yet, but just guess between refills, I suspect about 30ish
Quote:
4) How much is the cost to maintain one?
Oil + Filter change about 750 bucks. 1000 with air filter also.
Quote:
5) Reliability.
I am still using my dad's 1988 Maruti 800.
Quote:
6) Is the power and torque enough for two heavy pillion riders?
I have ridden with pillion only once, but didn't feel it under powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I have an opinion on this bike being a tourer

For me, a important qualification for a tourer is availability of parts and repair facilities in remote areas. You can get stuck because of unreliability and also because of mistakes - like hitting a ditch or pothole at speed. Unreliability you can plan for not the unexpected breakdown. This is where I think Bullet still scores
I once had a CDI failure with my bullet and part had to be send by bus from over two hours away.

Secondly a regular mechanic cannot repair a bullet. They must have experience with a Bullet.

Tata Sumo spares are easily available and any diesel mechanic can repair a Sumo, but if I had to go to a very remote place, I would still rather be in a Fortuner or Pajero Sport.

In any case, I don't usually go to places that are more than two to three hours away from a Suzuki mechanic or civilization, so this is is not really a concern for me. I feel the advantages the Suzuki offers over the RE is well worth the distant risk of getting stuck in kryplikystan without a suzuki spark plug.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks