Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 20:52   #31
BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Tata Sumo spares are easily available and any diesel mechanic can repair a Sumo, but if I had to go to a very remote place, I would still rather be in a Fortuner or Pajero Sport.
Exactly, just that the spares are easily available cannot be an excuse for choosing a unreliable bike over a reliable one.

Have you climbed steep hills with a pillion. How was it? Does it still feel powerful enough to carry two persons comfortably?

Thanks 4x4 for your feedback. Keep them coming.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:34   #32
BHPian

Congratulations for buying the 'zuma. I had a chance to look at it closely and found the build quality to be great, even better than the Ninja. The KTMs built for India don't even stand a chance. After watching OD's review, I can see why you opted for it in spite of the price. This looks like an extremely practical cruiser motorcycle. I don't agree with the statements that this bike's output is poor. It makes around 22Nm of peak torque. That is what most 250cc motorcycles make. The power rating is lower than bikes like Ninja, R25 etc. but that's expected as this bike is designed for strong mid range. Targeting higher HP would have made this bike a screamer which would have made this bike lose it focus. I say this even though I'm a fan of high revving supersport motorcycles.
Wishing you 100000s of happy km on the Zuma.

Last edited by theredliner : 23rd May 2014 at 12:35.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 22:07   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Have you climbed steep hills with a pillion. How was it? Does it still feel powerful enough to carry two persons comfortably?
Since it is still in the running period, I have not taken pillion up steep slopes yet. Mostly riding alone. Will update you after I get a chance.

Today a friend of mine joined for a leisure ride in his Duke 390. Even he was amazed at the refinement & comfort of the Inazuma over the Duke 390. We exchanged bikes for most of the ride and I can tell you that regardless of the price, I am glad I picked this over the 390.

However, the power surge of the 390 is badly missed on the Inazuma. Once you get on the Inazuma after riding the Duke 390 for a while, you do miss the acceleration of the 390. The problem with 390 is that you have to be working the gearbox all the time. Any time you slow down, you need to come to 2nd or 1st wheras the Inazuma allows you to even pull from 3000 rpm in 3rd. In my view Duke is a sprinter or a race horse and Inazuma is a marathon runner. Compared to the Inazuma seats, Duke seats are like sitting on a wooden bench. Seats are also much harder.

If budget permits, and you are generally a relaxed rider it maybe worth looking at this bike before buying a 390. It sure lacks the blistering performance of the 390 but makes up for it in so many other ways.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 10:55   #34
BHPian

Congrats 4x4 . Having ridden the bike, I concur with your observations. How I wish they have Priced it sensibly. My hunt continues meanwhile since my requirements are exactly same as you . may be wait for another 6 month - 1 year for a new launch & take the plunge.
Old 16th June 2014, 20:16   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from Suzuki India rep for Tamil Nadu saying that I will be getting a refund this week. I must say this is a fantastic good will gesture by Suzuki.

I will loose the Road Tax paid on the extra amount, but I guess you can't complain when you are getting close to a lakh back !!

At the revised price, this bike is a no brainer..
4x4addict is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 20:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Agree Fully. zuma is no brainier now. I am waiting for my appraisal letters coming Friday & i know what i need to do with it.

Infact, i was in shock when the dealer guy called me to inform of this reduction. Poor guy was on call with me for 15 min & i must have re confirmed at least 15 times with him. OTR Delhi is 2.31 L now compared to 3.41 L earlier.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 22:28   #37
BANNED

Quote:
It sure lacks the blistering performance of the 390 but makes up for it in so many other ways.
Hey man, I back you entirely in your choice. Apart from the higher pricing (now resolved), I dont think there is a bike in the market as good as this for touring.
I know that the bulk of readers have been indoctrinated to think 'redline, power, top end, free revving, bhp' etc by the incessant chatter of Schumi, Singhee and their ilk but ride comfort, torque and reliable performance cant be replaced by the above. Also, there is a vast difference between sporty bikes and the Inazuma.
The engine's longer stroke is a clear pointer that Suzuki wasnt targeting the CBR but creating a new segment.
I would like Suzuki to make available low cost accessories for touring from local sources. This will help create a Zuma touring cult.
Are you hearing this Messrs Suzuki ?
Old 16th June 2014, 22:50   #38
BHPian

Whoa! Congrats 4x4. You bought the bike you loved and the only gripe that you might have had(price) seems to have been resolved as well. Refunding of 1L to the existing customers seems unreal in this age. Great move by Suzuki.
Paying a higher amount and getting back a big amount feels better than paying a lower amount to begin with IMO
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from Suzuki India rep for Tamil Nadu saying that I will be getting a refund this week. I must say this is a fantastic good will gesture by Suzuki.

I will loose the Road Tax paid on the extra amount, but I guess you can't complain when you are getting close to a lakh back !!

Thanks for a fantastic review. It soothes oneself when you know the company cares by rectifying its mistakes. Me and my friend were contemplating buying it but the price was holding us back. With the price cuts, we will be going in for a test ride this saturday. If things work out, hope to have the zuma in parking lot.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 15:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

How does the Inazuma control the wind blasts? Being a naked bike, I think the wind must be quite strong above 60kmph.

What's the speed at 4.5k & 6k rpm in top gear?

Any resonance (vibration) at any particular rpm? GS150R has a resonance at 3.5k rpm, and it goes away after a few thousand kms of riding.

Any comments from the general public? I think this would not get much comments, as it looks big but not 'LOOK AT ME!' type.

Thoughts of pillion rider? There is no flat foot peg on Sari guard to put both legs for a side-seating lady. Have you taken a sari-wearing pillion yet?

Turning radius? How easy/hard is it to take a U turn compared to any other bike you had experience of?

A lot of questions, but now that the bike is at rational prices, my interest is re-sparked Pls answer at your convenience.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:47   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I would like Suzuki to make available low cost accessories for touring from local sources. This will help create a Zuma touring cult.
The OEM Suzuki Magnetic Tank bag is very expenisve. I bought the cramster magnetic tank bag and the cramster saddle bags and they fit comfortable. Make sure you buy the saddle bags for the upswept/curved exhaust as opposed to the straight RE type exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How does the Inazuma control the wind blasts? Being a naked bike, I think the wind must be quite strong above 60kmph.
Just like any other naked bike I guess. However, the bike is heavy so it doesn't get unsettle that easily.

Quote:
What's the speed at 4.5k & 6k rpm in top gear?
Will need to get back to on this. The biker is geared a bit low overall. I feel the 6th should have been taller.

Quote:
Any resonance (vibration) at any particular rpm?
I have not noticed any so far.

Quote:
Any comments from the general public? I think this would not get much comments, as it looks big but not 'LOOK AT ME!' type.
Anybody into bikes clearly knows that it is not a regular 150 commuter wannabe sport bike. I keep getting chased down by the 150'ers challenged by the 180s and other 200+s, just to evaluate the bike. Had a few phone camera's turned on in the signals. Other than that it has been uneventful

Quote:
Have you taken a sari-wearing pillion yet?
Not taken and not likely to take.

Quote:
Turning radius? How easy/hard is it to take a U turn compared to any other bike you had experience of?
Turning radius is actually pretty bad. It is hard to take U-Turn and you need decent amount of space to take U-Turn.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 20:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant stuff from the Jap giant. Hope people flock to the showrooms and buy a whole lotta of Inazumas; so that I can hopefully buy one for a bit cheaper in the used market later

I love how focussed this bike is in its application. It does not try to do a lot of things and succeed at none. I mean; extracting power, high redlines is very very familar territory for the creators of the mighty GSXRs (OT - Suzuki, please please bring the 600 / 750 to India). Still they clearly went for a well executed touring application and boy did they succeed. This is the exact same reason why I love the KTM too. Stiff suspension to carve corners, bonkers engine to thrill mere mortals such as me, seat that helps you move around on the bike etc etc etc

Such bikes are pure in their form and function. And at this price; this bike is pure bliss!!

Only additions - A miniature version of the goldwing backrest and add saddle bags that go under the seat. If not available, get goldwing style hard boxes made (to scale). Put a long windscreen (like the option available in other markets) and maybe grippier tyres (Have seen / read many reviews on IRCs not being confidence inspiring when pushed a bit).

Great work Suzuki. Hope this bike gets to see the success it so deserves.

Wonder how much my 2004 RE T-Bird would sell for..... Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 14:08   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the review. And all your (including other who posted) wishes has been fulfilled. Rs. 1 L reduced. 4x4 - is it true that Suzuki will compensate the difference in price for current owners?

OK - I too admit till recently I haven't heard about this bike. Either Suzuki is sleeping or busy with Salman and Hayabusa. Other Suzuki bikes I like are V-Storm and Bandit - both out of my reach. I also admit that at first look its plain Jane and price was unreasonable. But after reading the reviews and going through Shumi's vlog the offer sounds tempting. The points Shumi highlighted are exactly what I am looking for on a new bike. Same points for not choosing KTM 390. Been waiting for KTM 390 Adventure but how long can one wait.

Just checked - Inazuma is 2.49 OTR in Blr.
Old 18th June 2014, 16:11   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Rs. 1 L reduced. 4x4 - is it true that Suzuki will compensate the difference in price for current owners?
Yes, I can confirm this. I got a call from Suzuki India Rep as well as my dealer saying they will notify me when the refund check is ready. There was no battle for this.
Old 19th June 2014, 16:15   #45
BHPian

Sorry for jumping in your thread..

An Inazuma that a friend is modifying in Bangalore..
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-wp_20140615_13_35_59_pro.jpg  

indianrunner is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed