Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 08:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
Hello, I need an advice on buying inazuma.
I currently own a RE thunderbird which is 4 years old and covered 30K Kms. My driving is 30kms everyday(not in peak hours) and occasional weekend trips.
Test drove the Inazuma and very much impressed with the bike.You can still use the bike for regular uses and it has the character for those long drives.
Current price is 2.49 OTR bangalore, bargaining for any diwali discounts

Biggest confusion : Is it worth buying the bike or Suzuki just wanted to clear off the existing stock and forget about selling the bike in India.
What would be the best buy, a new Inazuma or a used GT650 R at the same price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Naveen, i would anyday buy a Suzuki, not confident on Hyosung!

Even am contemplating on buying Inazuma and it did come to my mind on what strategy Suzuki may have for this bike and hopefully they are not contemplating to discontinue this model here. however, am quiet certain Suzuki wont do that as the 250cc market is just picking up...

However, from what i have read/learned from people this bike definitely worth the money!
My friend who is in US for couple of years now is getting back to biking. I was a but surprised when he said he is getting Hyosung!

He do have options to get other well known brands but getting this instead of others does mean its good right?

If I remember right, he said he can get early 2014 model for 5000$.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:40   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
Biggest confusion : Is it worth buying the bike or Suzuki just wanted to clear off the existing stock and forget about selling the bike in India.
What would be the best buy, a new Inazuma or a used GT650 R at the same price?
There is a world of difference between the two bikes. The Inazuma is a refined, no nonsense, discreet workhorse that gives you a comfortable posture and a fatigue free riding experience. The GT650R with its super aggressive riding posture gives you positively more thrills (72.68 BHP is world apart from the Inazumas output), grabs eye balls but will also have your wrists begging for a break quite unlike the Inazuma. My suggestion - just look at a friend riding the Inazuma and then look at him on the GT650R. Watching the seating postures will help you decide.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 11:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My friend who is in US for couple of years now is getting back to biking. I was a but surprised when he said he is getting Hyosung!

He do have options to get other well known brands but getting this instead of others does mean its good right?

If I remember right, he said he can get early 2014 model for 5000$.
He'd be better off with the new Yamaha R3 that is getting launched there. For less than $5000.
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

I can't find inazuma on suzuki's page:

http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/bike-listing.aspx

The direct link is working: http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/inazuma.aspx
But I don't see any link towards it from any other page.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I can't find inazuma on suzuki's page:
So couldn't it. Looks like it is taken out of market. Sad.
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:09   #96
BHPian

This is one of the reasons I didn't buy it - a low-numbers exotic always faces the danger of becoming extinct in the market, and service/spares steadily becomes a nightmare afterwards.

Pity - really good bike, wonderfully clean and crisp engine.
Silverflash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 13:32   #97
BHPian

Somone reported on the other Inazuma review thread that it is in market very much, as informed by dealer Swargate, Pune.

Suzuki should have noticed the web-glitch (if it is).

But question is, can Suzuki instill confidence, guarantee availability of service competency and spares forever (not that it needs very often)? That would decide potential sales.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yep, I was that person. New Inazuma comes at 2.37L on road Pune, a few days waiting. New CBR250 at 1.73 (STD) and 2.05 (ABS) with one month's waiting. No discount from any company.

So any daydreams of getting either Inazuma at discount or getting a CBR300 soon both stand shattered.
Old 8th November 2014, 12:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Just called a dealer in bangalore, they said it is available and the OTR is 2.48. waiting period is about 10days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Somone reported on the other Inazuma review thread that it is in market very much, as informed by dealer Swargate, Pune.

Suzuki should have noticed the web-glitch (if it is).

But question is, can Suzuki instill confidence, guarantee availability of service competency and spares forever (not that it needs very often)? That would decide potential sales.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 18:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

I test rode Ninja 300 and Inazuma today. I will attract a lot of pitchforks for this, but I didn't find Ninja 300 much attractive option for my utility. I require a bike to tour with pillion and good amount of luggage, something that can be parked anywhere, and can be sent through railways as parcel to other states.

I found sitting position of Ninja 300 bit too forwrd for my liking. I know people have toured a lot on it, but somehow didn't find sweet spot of comfort. The fairing too seemed low, maybe the windscreen will be fully used when rider is crouched on the tank, a position I hardly ever assume.

When I test rode the Inazuma, it felt as if an upgraded GS150R. The sitting position, the relative weight, footpegs, all seemed higher quality GS150R. I test rode it with my pillion, and she too felt as if she was sitting on our existing bike, not anything vastly different. The turning radius seems good, also people hardly notice the bike as something costing 2.4L.

But the test ride was fun. I was not mindful of my sitting position, it was just as it has been for all of my riding career. Only the power was available on tap. The bike didn't seem to jump out of its skin as CBR (didn't get chance to test this on Ninja 300), but it rode well. I was doing good speed at quite low rpms of 5-6k.

I felt the wind was bit too much at speed above 80, as there is no windscreen. Hope to see the new faired models in India, but they will increase the cost by 25-30k.

Also asked about the possible exit of Inazuma, which was strongly denied. Dealer is keeping a stance that there is some mistake at website end, and it will be corrected. I have asked him to keep me updated about the 2015 models. As this is year end, I am thinking of buying a new model at the start of next year. Hope CBR300 sees the light of the day in India by then.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 19:57   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Got a call from Suzuki India rep for Tamil Nadu saying that I will be getting a refund.

At the revised price, this bike is a no brainer..
@4x4. The zuma report deserves an update from you. I have been keenly thinking about buying the Zuma but given my limited usage wonder if there are any used ones around.
Old 14th December 2014, 14:12   #102
BHPian

Suzuki has decided to stop sales for the Inazuma by March 2015

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ch-2015/20533/

I am Disappointed, since i was considering this to replace my current bike.
They could have at least hinted on an upgrade with the one with new color scheme or discontinuing this and selling only the faired version. Will be a worrisome affair for spares and after sales service for existing owners considering not many inazumas have been sold.
In Mumbai I have spotted an Inazuma only once that to it was a DL registered bike,

Last edited by iron : 14th December 2014 at 14:23.
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 21:01   #103
BHPian

That is bad news indeed for the existing buyers. Common/high volume products get a lot of parts available, even non-OE brands. With minuscule sales, that will not be lucrative enough for other non-OE suppliers and owners will be at the mercy of Suzuki dealers to source parts, or order them online. I even read good reviews from UK sites. Sad end.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:59   #104
BHPian

Frankly, I'm just happy that I was able to get one at the reduced price & while it still is available.

For the parts, we needn't worry too much, as they are bound by law to supply those for 15 years. Moreover, internationally the Zuma is still a current bike & there are options to choose from, both as stock replacement & as mods.
Old 15th December 2014, 13:28   #105
BHPian

Very disappointing to see such a fantastic product being wasted like this. All they should have done is to give it some marketing push through advertisements!

I wonder what kind of strategic minds are sitting in Suzuki Motorcycles India! Good motorbikes like GS150R, Inazuma and now even the Gixxer aren't marketed at all but the mass market Hayate was pushed so much! Totally weird and senseless IMO!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks