Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 12:41   #151
BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
Sorry for the late response
Go for it
Hi. Thanks on the response. But I have not gone ahead with the deal. The owner is asking an unreasonable price. I would have loved to own one, but I guess I will have to settle for something else.

Last edited by ampere : 19th July 2019 at 09:43. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 6th March 2018, 13:31   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
Did you upgrade the bulbs?
Bike is now sold. Yes, I did upgrade the bulb. The bulb us identical H4 bulb, so no issues. It is yellow light, so it worked for me cause, I live in a generally foggy rainy place.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:30   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
Hi. Thanks on the response. But I have not gone ahead with the deal. The owner is asking an unreasonable price. I would have loved to own one, but I guess I will have to settle for something else.
I too saw the ad but the price was very unreasonable. Owner was perhaps treating this as a collectible than some machine no longer being sold!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Bike is now sold. Yes, I did upgrade the bulb. The bulb us identical H4 bulb, so no issues. It is yellow light, so it worked for me cause, I live in a generally foggy rainy place.
Oh..so whats currently in your garage now?..post Zuma's sell that is.

Regarding the bulb, could you please let me know the specifications if available?
Was the bulb of same wattage and shape? Wondering if the bulb with different dimesion would suit the reflective mirror in the headlight assembly.
Beco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 15:28   #155
BHPian

Sorry for responding so late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
I haven't experienced this. Also, there should be some slack & it's fine as long as it doesn't sag too much. Don't over tighten it.

it is recommended to have not more than an inch to two of play. In your case, check with the service associate.
I did cleaned the chain couple of times, but the problem of uneven tightness/looseness persisted..so replaced the chain entirely. Post that done a 3500 kms ride to southern India. Its been more than a year since then. No problems so far.

Quote:
Try playing with the shock absorber adjustment. It has 7 settings, by default is set at 3.

Silly me..it was the noise of main stand banging on the frame.
Old 20th March 2018, 16:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for responding so late.

I did cleaned the chain couple of times, but the problem of uneven tightness/looseness persisted..so replaced the chain entirely. Post that done a 3500 kms ride to southern India. Its been more than a year since then. No problems so far.
Did you replace with the stock chain, sprocket kit? How much did you pay?
Old 20th March 2018, 16:28   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Did you replace with the stock chain, sprocket kit? How much did you pay?
No. Sprocket were alright. I had installed only chain.

Had got it from the USA. Don't remember the price now, but it was 5500 INR ball park.

I see most kits (chain, front and rear sproket) in the range of 150 USD on all the websites when I just checked.
Old 21st March 2018, 10:12   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Oh..so whats currently in your garage now?..post Zuma's sell that is.
Waiting for the BMW G310 GS. I wanted an adventure bike but didn't want to spend 15 lakhs plus on Triumphs, also was didn't like the quality of the Himalayan when I had borrowed my friends bike for a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Regarding the bulb, could you please let me know the specifications if available?
http://www.piaa.com/store/p/45-H4-Pl...ngle-Pack.aspx
PIAA H4 Plasma Ion Twin Beam Halogen Bulb

The shape size wattage etc is identical. However, the technology used is different and it is a 2500 kelvin light.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-bmwg310gsindialaunch.jpg  

Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-piaa14561h4yellowprofilehr.jpg  

Last edited by 4x4addict : 21st March 2018 at 10:14.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 13:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for the BMW G310 GS. I wanted an adventure bike but didn't want to spend 15 lakhs plus on Triumphs, also was didn't like the quality of the Himalayan when I had borrowed my friends bike for a couple of weeks.
Great choice. I also would have gone for the same.

I guess this will be beyond my financial interest. Reckon the price point would be about 4ish.

Also, this will be second in the staggered launch; few months after G310R.

Quote:
http://www.piaa.com/store/p/45-H4-Pl...ngle-Pack.aspx
PIAA H4 Plasma Ion Twin Beam Halogen Bulb

The shape size wattage etc is identical. However, the technology used is different and it is a 2500 kelvin light.
Thanks for sharing. Presently, it is showing 'not available', but will get in touch with other international retail source; one in Japan and the other in UK.
Old 8th July 2018, 13:05   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Do you mind sharing how much did you pay for the purchase.?
How is the service and parts availability?
Wew! Missed out on your post. Apologies!

Still going to reply to your question.

Made the purchase in July 2015 paying 2l for it.

For service my go to guy us Nimesh at Dream Suzuki at JVPD, mumbai

Parts availability is not an issue, but OEM spares are really expensive.

Case1 : An OEM chain Sprocket costs 22k+tax, needed to get my chain & sprocket set replaced due to some uneven wear that happened.

I took amazon.com and ordered an RK JPN racing chain which is listed as
an aftermarket fitment for the inazuma. Front sprocket teeth from aliexpress and the OEM rear sprocket from suzuki India. Manage to get all this for 8-9k. I dont remember the exact figures as it was almost a year back. Post the swtich the bike has been running with absolutely no issues.

Case2 : The front brake lever cracked due to mishandling by a careless parking attendant. An OEM Inazuma brake lever is 5k +tax.
Got it replaced with a Suzuki Hayabusa Lever which was substantially much cheaper and an exact fitment (yes! I am not kidding)

Case3 : Spark plugs needed to be replaced the OEM plugs are NGK CR7E.
I dont remember how much i paid but these were not in stock with Suzuki India. Nimesh from dream suzuki sourced it through his contacts. (I may have paid Rs.1200/- for 2 plugs)

All the above jobs were carried out by dream suzuki and Point of contact was Nimesh.

The bike was stationery from 28th April to 30th June due to my work commitments, health issues.
It was out in the open battered by rain, sun and all weather elements.

On 1st july went with my toolkit expecting the worst, to everyone's surprise the engine sprung to life in the first push of the starter.

It sputtered a bit on start and then settled into its regular rhythmic 2 cylinder humming.

Cleaned and oiled the chain , Filled up air, went for a short ride and everything was working fine except for a weak battery.

Due to incessant rains in Mumbai, Parked the bike in my office basement the next day for rest of the monsoon.

Currently i am looking for the battery for the Inazuma as the one which came with the bike is on its last legs. Any pointers for compatible ones indian makes of exide , amaron??

Last edited by iron : 8th July 2018 at 13:06.
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:33   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Wew! Missed out on your post. Apologies!

Still going to reply to your question.
I replaced my stock with an Amaron. Don't recall the model no, but Amaron has an exact match. So, no issues there.

Last edited by bblost : 24th October 2018 at 18:57. Reason: Reduced the size of the quoted post. Thanks.
rajaghuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 10:26   #162
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
I replaced my stock with an Amaron. Don't recall the model no, but Amaron has an exact match. So, no issues there.
I am looking for a new battery for my Inazuma. Can you please let me know the model number as I checked with the local Amaron dealer and he said they don't have any with matching specs. Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 09:42   #163

Did you find the battery? mine is due for a change.. do share
Old 13th July 2020, 01:21   #164
BHPian

Hi. I just got my membership approved here. My Suzuki Inazuma has just clocked 7000 KMS and is totally fine. Just got the rear brake pads replaced. Got them online - Nikavi Rear Brake Disc Pad for Kawasaki Ninja 250 (rear) fro Amazon.in - It was recommended to me by another Inazuma owner here in Pune. However, when i removed the old disc brake pads, there was some alteration which i had to get done on a grinder. I installed the pads myself and now works totally fine.

From the images below, one could figure out that i had to grind off one small corner of the disc pad locking.

Below / Attached are some images for the disc brake pads:-

PS - Could someone please guide me about how does one get a center stand for the vehicle? I have searched online and have checked the dealer at Chinchwad, Pune - Not available. Any light on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-01.jpeg  

Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-02.jpeg  

Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-04.jpeg  

Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-03.jpeg  

acestormtrooper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 23:23   #165
BHPian

Hello All,

Just a quick question, does anyone know where one can source the wear and tear parts from? Im from Pune. Looking out for break pads mainly.

TIA

Most Viewed