Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2014, 14:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most Fun-to-Ride Bike under 2 lakh

And Duke 200 it is! Booked the bike today morning at BTM Show room - expecting to take delivery in next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Anoop! From a recent buyer, no point in asking for any deals as they wont offer you anything. What color are you planning on?
Yeah - they do not offer any deals. Went for the Black duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No its not. Its a lot more bike. But that for bikers has never automatically translated to a lot more fun.

Please PM me if you know of any 250 going for 1 lac. The lowest I have seen is 1.4, some in the 1.6s, and many in the 1.7-1.8s.
Thank you again doc, for all the valuable advise.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Why not look at a used Ninja 250? You can easily get one for around 1L and is a darn good bike to ride.
Pls add my name to the PM you'd send to ebonho for any deal on Ninja in 1L range. I strongly doubt this claim. Are you talking about D200?
Old 4th June 2014, 18:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
And Duke 200 it is! Booked the bike today morning at BTM Show room
Oh I was just about to post suggesting the Duke 200.

I own a CBR and my friend took it for a ride for a weekend and gave me his Duke 200. Man, what a hooligan of a bike. A screamer. A silly, large grin was PLASTERED behind my helmet all the way on the BETL flyover! Loved the bike.

Good luck with it and post your experience once you own it.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 23:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of Duke 200 today, from the BTM showroom. As many guys have pointed out earlier, the delivery experience left much to be desired - but the bike makes us forget all these.

Met fellow BHPian Nasirkaka - nice meeting you

A quick pic - will post more in another thread soon.

Most Fun-to-Ride Bike under 2 lakh-dsc_2858.jpg

Thanks again to all those who have given me valuable input to decide which bike to pick up.
--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 00:26   #35
BHPian

Let me be the first on forum to Congratulate you. Hmm it seems you were very adamant not to take the 390 for obvious reasons stated by you.

If I were you I would have gone for the 390 not because I need it, but because I can afford it!

But I think you have taken a wise decision after researching your needs and it seems the DUKE 200 will be a good fit for you.

Please do start a DUKE200 experience blog. Eagerly awaiting the same.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 00:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Duke 200 today, from the BTM showroom.
Congrats Anoop! Glad you stuck to your use case and bought the D200. Put up some kms and an ownership thread. Mine is at 1500kms. Will put up a review thread shortly.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 09:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Duke 200 today, from the BTM showroom. As many guys have pointed out earlier, the delivery experience left much to be desired - but the bike makes us forget all these.

Attachment 1247978

Thanks again to all those who have given me valuable input to decide which bike to pick up.
--Anoop
Congratulations on the acquisition buddy Happy Motoring!!
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 10:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Let me be the first on forum to Congratulate you. Hmm it seems you were very adamant not to take the 390 for obvious reasons stated by you.

Please do start a DUKE200 experience blog. Eagerly awaiting the same.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Anoop! Glad you stuck to your use case and bought the D200. Put up some kms and an ownership thread. Mine is at 1500kms. Will put up a review thread shortly.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition buddy Happy Motoring!!
Thank you!

Thank you for the wishes

An initial ownership thread will be up soon.

--Anoop
Old 10th June 2014, 11:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
Congrats on your new baby Duke Anoop. She looks hot. I cannot get tired of looking at a Duke wherever I see one. So refreshing from the usual generic bikes everywhere. And that it moves how it looks is the icing on the cake of course!
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 13:01   #40
BHPian

Hey Expert,

I may not give you the most experthand suggestion But

I own both V1 & V2 Yamaha R15. Had done around 56k on V1 and 38K on V2 in around 4 years time. I wrote a small comparison in this thread between both the bikes. If you want a bike that is comfortable to sit, Super stable and sticks to the road, nimble and fast enough in the corners then i guess R15 may fit right under 2laks. Being in total love with those bikes, i don't mean to give you a biased suggestion but i thoroughly enjoyed riding on them and the V2 has quite some punch in it. Also the Yamaha spare costs have now come down.

I test drove the duke and felt the seat to be hard for my liking. If it is hardcore power you are looking for then duke definitely has an edge as the engine capacity is more. If you can stretch your budget a bit then eyes closed go with the Ninja 300.

Edit- oops! I have replied way to late on this thread! ( didn't follow the previous pages )

Congratulations mate!! Do post your experience, and if possible a comparison with any other bikes you had driven.

Cheers!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 10th June 2014 at 13:04.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 13:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hey Expert,

I may not give you the most experthand suggestion But

I own both V1 & V2 Yamaha R15. Had done around 56k on V1 and 38K on V2 in around 4 years time. I wrote a small comparison in this thread between both the bikes. If you want a bike that is comfortable to sit, Super stable and sticks to the road, nimble and fast enough in the corners then i guess R15 may fit right under 2laks. Being in total love with those bikes, i don't mean to give you a biased suggestion but i thoroughly enjoyed riding on them and the V2 has quite some punch in it. Also the Yamaha spare costs have now come down.

I test drove the duke and felt the seat to be hard for my liking. If it is hardcore power you are looking for then duke definitely has an edge as the engine capacity is more. If you can stretch your budget a bit then eyes closed go with the Ninja 300.

Edit- oops! I have replied way to late on this thread! ( didn't follow the previous pages )

Congratulations mate!! Do post your experience, and if possible a comparison with any other bikes you had driven.

Cheers!
Hi Amar,

Thank you for the views The duke thread will be up soon, and I will post comparisons as the thread progresses.

Thanks
Anoop
Old 10th June 2014, 13:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amar,

Thank you for the views The duke thread will be up soon, and I will post comparisons as the thread progresses.

Thanks
Anoop
Sure Man! Looking forward to it! Any plans of opening her up like i did, Let me know
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 11:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Sure Man! Looking forward to it! Any plans of opening her up like i did, Let me know
Bro - the ownership thread is live - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...uke-200-a.html

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 13:51   #44
BHPian

Hey Expert,
I have also been in a similar dilemma of which bike next after using Hero Honda Karizma for the last 8 years. To be fair nothing has ever been wrong with this bike and it has been serving me quite well all these days, but as we all are subjected to "want some more" things in life, started looking out for the next upgrade and Duke 200 seemed to tick all the boxes!

Your thread has been quite informative and answered all the questions I had in mind for the next bike. I'm planning to book my ride tomorrow from the new showroom of KTM in Banaswadi. Since you have been through this process already - it would be of great help to let me know what are the PDI formalities and what should I specifically look for before delivery. Its been a long time since I took any new car/bike delivery and may be I'm a bit rusty

I'm keen on installing the knuckle guard (white one on a black bike! nothing can beat it!!) but the showroom guys are suggesting to change the handle bar with the 390 one which is a bit longer and the entire setup would cost ~1700. Are there any problems with changing the handle bar? And did you also do the same for your bike?
Old 13th August 2014, 14:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
I'm planning to book my ride tomorrow from the new showroom of KTM in Banaswadi.
Where in Banaswadi is this showroom? Is it sales and service?

It is not listed on KTM India website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks