Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 15:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Rode with fellow riders from another forum few weeks back, to the Krishnagiri Dam.
Few clicks from the ride (Clicked by fellow rider John and Ankit).

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-33.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-31.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-16138864891_a2ac39b0ba_b.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-16138885771_a97ce0fc1f_b.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_5511.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-11.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-36.jpg

--Anoop
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:13   #137
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much to update here - the bike was in storage for almost 2 weeks but to my surprise, the clock did not slow down this time. When I switched on the bike today, the clock was showing correct time.

--Anoop
Old 12th May 2015, 17:21   #138

hello theexperthand, pisthpeeps & ebonho...
been rigorously reading through your review for the past two days since i decided i need a two wheeler to begin my riding experience with..coming from punto mjd after 50k kms i decided to start off with duke 200 as my first proper bike (been riding scooters since high school but never owned a bike myself)... got to experience RC390, NS200 and apache 160 recently on which i have come back to two wheeler scene again... my question is, is it safe to start with duke 200? , as i ll be mostly a sedate rider and careful considering i have some more than decent road sense in today's world (@theexperthand coming from fiat fan base (hopefully) i guess you will understand what it means..) I am at the verge of booking one in the coming week... please share your opinions on stuffs i should know firsthand before i end up buying it.
Old 12th May 2015, 17:53   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
... my question is, is it safe to start with duke 200?
My 200 (Baby Duke 222) was bought by a family man coming from Activa riding lineage, who took more than a few attempts to release the clutch properly on my Duke and get moving for his test ride (me following him on Doppie gingerly, praying he would be ok ....).

Spoke to him less than a month ago and he says he loves the bike, and his son loves it even mo.

So my answer, yes, its a perfectly safe bike to start with for a guy who's been riding other bikes like the RC and the Apache.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 09:38   #140

thank you ebonho. never expected such a quick reply seriously. I am sure your input adds a lot of confidence to go with my decision of owning duke 200. Between I don't have a problem with my basic riding ability. But i am not sure of what level of skills are required to tackle day to day quick sprints either on a commute or a ride for just fun. I hope I will be able to learn quick with the 200 and ride safe and sound .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th May 2015 at 10:05. Reason: Please avoid typing... like... this... Thanks!
Old 26th May 2015, 21:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank you ebonho. never expected such a quick reply seriously. I am sure your input adds a lot of confidence to go with my decision of owning duke 200. Between I don't have a problem with my basic riding ability. But i am not sure of what level of skills are required to tackle day to day quick sprints either on a commute or a ride for just fun. I hope I will be able to learn quick with the 200 and ride safe and sound .
I see that doc have already answered your query
By all means, do get the Duke - you can easily master the bike and I am sure by the time you finish running in, you will be expert in handling her.
As long as you don't try to rip her before you are comfortable handling her, it should be fine.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 26th May 2015 at 21:53.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 09:17   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I see that doc have already answered your query
By all means, do get the Duke - you can easily master the bike and I am sure by the time you finish running in, you will be expert in handling her.
As long as you don't try to rip her before you are comfortable handling her, it should be fine.

--Anoop
Thank you Anoop. I have began the process of purchasing duke 200 yesterday and I will be most probably delivered in a week or so. There is a query in fixing the knuckle guard to 200. I heard the ktm SA say it's hard to bolt it on the handle bar without deforming the shape of the handle bar and suggests to buy entire handle bar from 390. Is it really a tricky job that I should refrain myself as of now? or there are any way around other than changing it with 390's?. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th May 2015, 10:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it really a tricky job that I should refrain myself as of now? or there are any way around other than changing it with 390's?. Thanks in advance.
Not at all - buy the bar end weights and rubber inserts made for Apache and you are all set. It is a very easy job - the KTM SA did this for me at the showroom itself, before I took the delivery (They even procured the parts for me).

If they are adamant that they cant fix it even after you suggesting them to use required parts from Apache, I think you can do it yourself at home - it is not complicated.

--Anoop
Old 27th May 2015, 16:11   #144

Quote:
Not at all - buy the bar end weights and rubber inserts made for Apache and you are all set. It is a very easy job - the KTM SA did this for me at the showroom itself, before I took the delivery (They even procured the parts for me).

If they are adamant that they cant fix it even after you suggesting them to use required parts from Apache, I think you can do it yourself at home - it is not complicated.

--Anoop
Thanks Anoop. Will do that once i receive my bike. And in the case of PDI is there anything that i should particularly be keen about? @anoop @pisthpeeps @ebonho If there are any pointers there please let me know. Sorry for posting my doubts one by one.
Old 27th May 2015, 16:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anoop. Will do that once i receive my bike. And in the case of PDI is there anything that i should particularly be keen about? @anoop @pisthpeeps @ebonho If there are any pointers there please let me know. Sorry for posting my doubts one by one.
The usual stuff - liquid levels,chain play, operation of all switch-gear,battery warranty card etc - and also look for any loose bolts or scratches.

Also, you can check the rear shock absorber stiffness level and can verify that Shift indicator light is set for 5K or so RPM so that you will get a warning before you cross the RPM. This is helpful during the running in period.

Are you taking the delivery from an already available stock or from a new batch? If you are taking a delivery from an already available stock, make sure you are getting the latest model with the enhancements (Sleeve in rear shock absorber, indicator with black lining etc).

--Anoop
Old 7th June 2015, 12:21   #146
Senior - BHPian

One year of togetherness... Today is Lisbeth's first birthday.
The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_6701.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_6702.jpg

One year report will follow...

--Anoop
Old 7th June 2015, 15:02   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1379116

Attachment 1379117

One year report will follow...

--Anoop
Congratulations on the anniversary, Anoop. Wish you many more miles and smiles ahead. Awaiting your anniversary report.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:47   #148
Senior - BHPian

One year report:

Raw power - takes no time at all to transfer from puttering commuter to angry wolf tearing the tarmac
Breaks - amazing stopping power. Major confidence booster.
Seat - Looks so puny, buy offers amazing support. Zilch bum aches after spending hours on saddle.
Handling - Sharp, Direct and Nimble. Like a cutting horse, if I am to borrow an example from Louis Lamour books.
Sound - I just LOVE the sound - especially when redlining.

Dislikes:
Tyres - good for tarmac, but good only for tarmac - show them a bit of loose gravel and all hell breaks loose. Major off road party pooper.
Alloys - still have that nagging fear of breaking them during off road rides
Horn - remedied with a pair of Bosch Symphony
Headlights - still a sore point.
Heat - major issue when you are caught in a snarling traffic jam, under hot sun, while you are in full riding gear.
Tank Capacity - now, the Shell pump guys know me on first name basis. Well, almost.
ASS - The one close accessible to me (Marathalli) is too crowded, and not able to handle the volume. The one I like is on another direction and I have to take leave for getting the bike serviced.

Battle bruises:
Thankfully, noting much - Only punctures, but 4 of them on the rear tyre (souvenirs of off roading trips).

Bottom line:
Happy with my purchase and will buy the same bike again if I can go back to past and decide on which bike to buy. She has thought me lot of stuff and I believe she have made me a better rider. I can push her to the edge unlike my other rides and can do so with enough confidence, and she taunts me every time when I throw a challenge, like asking me - is that all you have got.

Side Effects:
The bike is so light and nimble, you feel like the bike is an extension of your body (Ok, slight exaggeration). After this, I no longer find my Unicorn's riding position good, and feels my bullet is too heavy. This bike has spoilt me for sure and will be the benchmark for all future comparisons.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 8th June 2015 at 20:49.
theexperthand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 21:55   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Anoop!! Wish you many more happy miles.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 13:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

What are the options available in market for tubeless, off road friendly tyres for Duke? Not that I am going to change immediately, but if the cost is not prohibitive (may be around 5-7.K for a pair), I will change then in next couple of months.

I am OK to sacrifice some corner craving ability and some top speed, if in return, I can get decent off road grip, in slush and in loose gravel. But the tyre have to be tubeless - do not want to go back to tube tyes, only because of the hassle of getting punctures fixed.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks