Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 21:55   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I use Motul 300v 15W50.
Totally missed this about you going for Motul 300v. Is there a noticeable difference in the engine/gearbox smoothness? And same thing as mentioned by Vishnu, Kasturba SVC also mentioned about Engine going bust if we use 300v. Since how many kms are you using it? Cost of 300v vs 7100? Sorry for the barrage of questions
Old 4th August 2015, 23:18   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Totally missed this about you going for Motul 300v. Is there a noticeable difference in the engine/gearbox smoothness? And same thing as mentioned by Vishnu, Kasturba SVC also mentioned about Engine going bust if we use 300v. Since how many kms are you using it? Cost of 300v vs 7100? Sorry for the barrage of questions
I Have been using 300V after my first service and yes, there is a noticeable difference. Cost - I do not have much idea, but it sure is costly than 7100

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:01   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hi abhinav,
Smoothness of 300V on 200 duke is very much noticeable and gearbox shift at higher rpms have become much more slick now. As per my observation the engine heat dissipates better after the oil change and so driving through the traffic is less of a hassle now. The only problem I have is being reminded about the engine problems the SA mentioned while accelerating it hard.
Regarding the price the 300V retails at 1100~1150 depending on the place you buy. 7100 retails at 890~950 but I am not sure.
vishnurohith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 20:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Anytime!

Do update us after the SVC resolves the issue.
The issue is now resolved. Visited KTM Jubilee Hills and the service person there was kind enough to attend to my request even though it was around 1pm, their lunch time. The issue seems fixed for now as I did not experience any sound till now. They cleaned the brake pads using sandpaper as suggested on another forum by a member. Things seem fine for now. I should also mention the wonderful service by the folks there who also lubed the chain and checked the wheels and everything thoroughly for any loose parts and all that at no cost when I checked if I needed to pay anything.

We often mention about our experiences with the bikes or SVC on the forum, especially when things don't work well. I believe this is one of those experiences when someone went over and above to fulfil their commitment to the customer.
saleem_k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 21:02   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
The issue is now resolved. Visited KTM Jubilee Hills and the service person
I believe this is one of those experiences when someone went over and above to fulfil their commitment to the customer.
Happy to know that the issue is now resolved, Saleem. Here the SVC at Marathalli charges around 145 for lubing and adjusting the chain, which is a rip off.

My back brake pads started giving the squealing sound from last friday and on inspection I saw that the brake disc is fully grooved, and the pads looks like rusted. The disc is grooved so bad that I have no option but to change it when I go for next service.

--Anoop
Old 9th August 2015, 21:22   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime!

Do update us after the SVC resolves the issue.
Quote:
Happy to know that the issue is now resolved, Saleem. Here the SVC at Marathalli charges around 145 for lubing and adjusting the chain, which is a rip off.

My back brake pads started giving the squealing sound from last friday and on inspection I saw that the brake disc is fully grooved, and the pads looks like rusted. The disc is grooved so bad that I have no option but to change it when I go for next service.

--Anoop
There are similar charges for cleaning and lubing the chain here as well (dont' know exactly). It's just that one instance when I went with a problem and they fixed a couple of other minor irritants as well along with it. Probably next time they will charge me as well but for now credit must be given where it is due.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:56   #202

Hello all,
I am recently facing a problem on my D200 for the past one week. There is an unusual 'tick tick' noise heard while the clutch lever is pulled in running condition. I am not sure regarding the source of this sound exactly but I could hear this noise near the drivetrain area. Is there some kinda trouble I am looking for or is it unique with my machine alone.
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:52   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
Hello all,
I am recently facing a problem on my D200 for the past one week. There is an unusual 'tick tick' noise heard while the clutch lever is pulled in running condition. I am not sure regarding the source of this sound exactly but I could hear this noise near the drivetrain area. Is there some kinda trouble I am looking for or is it unique with my machine alone.
Not 100% sure, but when was your chain Lubed last? Might be from your chain.

Finally, fixed (DIY) a pair of LED lights to aid the poor headlight of Lisbeth. The visibility have improved very much, but since it might be blinding the oncoming traffic, I use it only on the roads where there is next to no oncoming traffic.

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img20150815wa0015.jpeg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:54   #204
BHPian

Quote:
\
Finally, fixed (DIY) a pair of LED lights to aid the poor headlight of Lisbeth.
One word. Brilliant.

I've been longing to do this since a while now. Thy assistance required.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 17:33   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One word. Brilliant.

I've been longing to do this since a while now. Thy assistance required.
Sure - it is a easy DIY - easier for you since D360 have a aux power outlet which you can tap for powering up the light. I had to piggy back on the front break light power line to power up the light.

The lights are available in India(Onella - moto95.in), but I got this pair from Amazon. A friend carried these for me.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 23rd August 2015 at 17:38.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 12:51   #206
BHPian

We all know that modern engines can last long then why is it a common perception that a Duke cannot last long? Why is it so?
Old 27th August 2015, 15:56   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, fixed (DIY) a pair of LED lights to aid the poor headlight of Lisbeth. The visibility have improved very much, but since it might be blinding the oncoming traffic, I use it only on the roads where there is next to no oncoming traffic.

--Anoop
Superb! Can you please show the difference in dark with the LED lights on & off?
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:19   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, fixed (DIY) a pair of LED lights to aid the poor headlight of Lisbeth. The visibility have improved very much, but since it might be blinding the oncoming traffic, I use it only on the roads where there is next to no oncoming traffic.--Anoop
Anoop, any shadow of the hand guards on the road?

What's the price of the set?

Would love to see dark-light photos.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:30   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Superb! Can you please show the difference in dark with the LED lights on & off?
Sure, will do it Bro. Was too lazy and didn't do it till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Anoop, any shadow of the hand guards on the road?

What's the price of the set?

Would love to see dark-light photos.
No Doc, no hand-guard shadows. I paid around 1200 INR for the pair - got it from amazon.com and a friend carried it over here. Later came to know that these are available in JC road for 3500 per pair.

Dark light pics - yes, want to take them, but been lazy. Will surely do it.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 27th August 2015 at 17:32.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:26   #210
Senior - BHPian

I have been neglecting this thread for long - partially because nothing interesting was happening and partially because I was too lazy.

I still owe doc and others a pic of the LED lights at night, which I haven't done yet - hopefully, one day soon I will do it.

I was on a ride with few others from Team-BHP last week when somewhere near Kolar, I saw the infamous error message on my console 'Battery Low'. About 15 - 20 minutes before this, my speedometer went to 0 while riding, and this, coupled with the battery low error was the indication that my stator coil is not healthy. I had almost half tank fuel, so I took my leave from the group and did a solo run to my home. When I started the run, my intention was to hypermile it so that I do not need to stop for refueling, but soon the boredom set in and I gave in to the temptation and let the needle climb. I reached the fuel outlet near my house on fumes (the fuel low light was on for more than 30 km) and gingerly switched off the bike for refueling.

After refueling, the bike started and I reached home safe. Next day, I took the bike for a small trail ride to see if the error message pops up again, but even after lot of short stop-start breaks, the message didn't turn up.

Still, to be on safer side, I booked the next service with AutoService and took her to AutoService yesterday for the first paid service. The service experience was good as always and they hooked up the ECU scanner and showed me that my battery is indeed getting charged, so stator coil might be fine. So, I did not change the coil - hope the coil do not giveaway when I am on a ride next time

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks