Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 16:36   #46
BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
For service, I would suggest you try out Auto Service, Banashankari. I had a very good experience with them.
Did you buy chain lube from the service center?
--Anoop
Sure, I have made up my mind that next service would be at Auto Service! Was little lazy to go so far and opted the one near my house which was within walking distance.

Lucky, the showroom guys helped you in fixing the knuckle guards, the guys out in banaswadi were adamant even to sell me the guards saying you should buy the 390 handle bar else it is waste, even today at the service center when I asked the mechanic his reply was the same!

I did buy the chain lube from KTM Indiranagar service center Tribcor last month and lubed the chain myself at around 700KM.

After the rev limit has been moved to 8K, the bike does surge past even more aggressively. Loving it
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 16:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Few recent clicks of Lisbeth:

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_3626.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_3635.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-dsc_3631.jpg

--Anoop
Old 29th October 2014, 15:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

When is the 2nd service of Duke? Is it 150 Days from date of purchase or 150 days from the day of 1st service? I called up Auto Center and they said day doesn't matter as long as my bike do not cross 5K. But I do not want to miss the 2nd free service on the technicality that I did not adhere to there' Day or KM, which ever is earlier' clause.

--Anoop
Old 29th October 2014, 15:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When is the 2nd service of Duke? Is it 150 Days from date of purchase or 150 days from the day of 1st service? I called up Auto Center and they said day doesn't matter as long as my bike do not cross 5K.
It is 150 days from the date of purchase. And KTM Kasturba road did mention that KTM have become very serious with the service interval/timeline for warranty claims. Even one day delay cannot be entered into the system where as before they had a grace period of close to 10 days. So better get it done on time whether you have run the number of kms or not!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 15:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When is the 2nd service of Duke? Is it 150 Days from date of purchase or 150 days from the day of 1st service? I called up Auto Center and they said day doesn't matter as long as my bike do not cross 5K. But I do not want to miss the 2nd free service on the technicality that I did not adhere to there' Day or KM, which ever is earlier' clause.
Actually, I had my 3rd free service voided by KTM SVC because I overshot the time limit after 2nd free service. But the bike was still under 5k mark from the last service. The service guy told me that the free service leaflet serial number will not be accepted by the system as the service date was over due(Though I am pretty sure he was bluffing).
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 15:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
It is 150 days from the date of purchase. And KTM Kasturba road did mention that KTM have become very serious with the service interval/timeline for warranty claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Actually, I had my 3rd free service voided by KTM SVC because I overshot the time limit after 2nd free service..
Oh Darn! Then I think I might have overshot the date already

How much is the service cost? If I miss the 2nd free service, does it means my 3rd free service also becomes void automatically?

--Anoop
Old 29th October 2014, 15:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the service cost? If I miss the 2nd free service, does it means my 3rd free service also becomes void automatically?
They will ideally charge you the labor cost for the 2nd free service. No idea how much it is though. Your 3rd free service is still valid and you can get it done as per the number of days mentioned in the booklet.
Old 29th October 2014, 16:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They charge the labour charge of around 600 change bucks extra.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 17:51   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Darn! Then I think I might have overshot the date already

--Anoop
If you miss your 2nd free service , you can use the 3rd free service coupon to get your 2nd service done . I got it confirmed when I took delivery , you don't have to pay as such for the 2nd but the 3rd will cost you when you arrive for that .
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the input, guys. I spoke to the SA at marathahalli KTM today and he said 1 or 2 days delay is ok, so planning to give the bike for the second service at Marathahalli KTM day after tomorrow. Sadly, wont be able to go to Auto Service this time because of this sudden deadline for service

While checking if they have Motul 300V in stock, the SA told me that Motul 300 is not approved by KTM and if I use that and if there is any engine trouble, KTM will not honor my warranty. He suggested going for Motul 7100 instead, and told me that if I really want to use Motul 300V, I can bring it and they will use it, after taking a signuature from me (in effect that they have used 300V on my insistence).

So, the question is - Should I stick with 300V (currently she is running on 300V), or should I switch to Motul 7100?

--Anoop
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the input, guys. I spoke to the SA at marathahalli KTM today and he said 1 or 2 days delay is ok, so planning to give the bike for the second service at Marathahalli KTM day after tomorrow. Sadly, wont be able to go to Auto Service this time because of this sudden deadline for service

While checking if they have Motul 300V in stock, the SA told me that Motul 300 is not approved by KTM and if I use that and if there is any engine trouble, KTM will not honor my warranty. He suggested going for Motul 7100 instead, and told me that if I really want to use Motul 300V, I can bring it and they will use it, after taking a signuature from me (in effect that they have used 300V on my insistence).

So, the question is - Should I stick with 300V (currently she is running on 300V), or should I switch to Motul 7100?

--Anoop
From the KTM owner manual, I haven't seen any specific suggestion for not going for 300V. They only say about using 15W/50. From the Motul website, I can see 15W/50 grade oil only for 300V and 5100 and not for 7100.

I am not sure why the dealer is saying that. At the same time, I am hearing mixed opinion about 300v in terms of longevity and I am not sure how far it is true. The opinion I am hearing is that 300V is more suitable for the tracks, but with lesser longevity (where you will end up changing the oil frequently). This needs to be validated.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 15:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
From the KTM owner manual, I haven't seen any specific suggestion for not going for 300V. They only say about using 15W/50. From the Motul website, I can see 15W/50 grade oil only for 300V and 5100 and not for 7100.

I am not sure why the dealer is saying that. At the same time, I am hearing mixed opinion about 300v in terms of longevity and I am not sure how far it is true. The opinion I am hearing is that 300V is more suitable for the tracks, but with lesser longevity (where you will end up changing the oil frequently). This needs to be validated.
KTM recommends 20W50, not 15W50. I am not much bothered about the longevity since I do not run oil to the maximum recommended range - I usually change oil much before the recommended period.

Did the second free service today, at Marathahalli KTM. I had already requested them to do a quick service and told them that I will be waiting while they service my bike so they asked me to get the bike to the service center by 9.15 am today.

Reached by 9.15 and luckily, Lisbeth was first in the queue - by the time the SA had filled up my job card, 3 more bikes arrived for service. Since I was in a hurry, they skipped the washing on my request (the washing starts only by 10.30 AM) and took my bike directly to the service bay. I was allowed to stand next to the bike during the entire service and the SA Dileep did a quick and prompt job of servicing my bike - I was out from the service center in 45 minutes flat, after changing the oil, oil filter, cleaning the air filter, changing rear break pads (break pads would have gone for couple of thousand kilometers more, but replaced nonetheless), cleaning and lubing the chain and a general quick check up of all screws, pipes, liners and lubes.

The total bill came to 2295 (billed for 2 ltrs of Motul 7100 and they gave me the unused 600 ml) but didn't get the detailed bill since they where having some system issues. They have promised me that they will e-mail me the bill.

Posting some snaps from a time pass ride with my son - introducing him to the wonderful world of trail riding

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141102_222242.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141102_103217560.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141102_222211.jpg

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141102_222310.jpg

The rut which almost would have costed me my rims - was foolish enough to cross this and luckily, it did not damage my rims.

The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200-img_20141102_104148558.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 15:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the second free service today, at Marathahalli KTM...........
I was out from the service center in 45 minutes flat, after changing the oil, oil filter, cleaning the air filter, changing rear break pads (break pads would have gone for couple of thousand kilometers more, but replaced nonetheless), cleaning and lubing the chain and a general quick check up of all screws, pipes, liners and lubes.
Did they not replace the fuel filter? Mine was replaced by the Kasturba road SVC during the second service as mentioned in the service schedule.
Old 5th November 2014, 18:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Did they not replace the fuel filter? Mine was replaced by the Kasturba road SVC during the second service as mentioned in the service schedule.
No. The SA told fuel filter needs to be changed during next service - may be my bike have done only 3.8K km.

--Anoop
Old 5th November 2014, 18:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. The SA told fuel filter needs to be changed during next service - may be my bike have done only 3.8K km.
Hmm... That's strange! My bike had only run around 2k at that time. And still it was replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks