Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2014, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Eider Motors, Hyderabad entered the Indian market today by releasing six models of two-wheelers, two of them being scooters, and four being motor cycles. They certainly look interesting, particularly the model "Ruddy" which looks a bit like Bajaj Avenger. One of the two scooters has been given a very retro kind of a look.

Their website is at:

http://eidermotors.com

I have a suspicion that these may be Chinese / Taiwanese designs.
kspv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 23:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Design of 'Ruddy' does look promising and made by professionals, I cant say the same about the description though.

Quote:
Eider Ruddy Desciption - Electric front windows, Heated rear window, Rear window wash/wipe with intermittent delay, Windscreen wipers/ intermittent wipe + 4 position delay, Anti-lock brake system, Rev counter, Warning buzzer and light for front seatbelts unfastened, Body colour door mirrors.
Windows, windscreen wipers, seatbelts on a bike? And what on earth is body coloured door mirrors?
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 00:02   #3
BANNED

re: Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Windows, windscreen wipers, seatbelts on a bike? And what on earth is body coloured door mirrors?
Good catch!

To add to the above:
  • Stable and reliable front & rear disk brake system

• glaring LED tail light .

Another description screen shot:

Eider Motors (Hyderabad) unveils 6 two-wheelers. EDIT: Chairman arrested over fraud!-untitled.jpg

I am

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 09:37   #4

Saw the website, there is no info regarding promoter group, any JV, technology partners or R&D associates.

How come some company develop and launch 6 new models without any prior news about their development. Surprisingly there are no scoop pics of these bikes under testing in Team-Bhp.

The website design is quite good but I guess they have just copied and pasted the info of some famous autos irrespective of 2 or 4 wheelers.

Thank God they didn't take the matter from some road rollers or JCBs websites else we would have seen more funny descriptions!!!

Hope their bikes are also not the same copy and paste models!!!
gschandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 11:25   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Reminds me of the useless attempt by Terra Motors; their website doesn't even have a phone number ('under preparation) or an office address!
Old 16th June 2014, 11:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

They did put out dealership ads, but the site is groundbreakingly hilarious.
Product descriptions are in latin, and translated, they sound like Hetfield and Niki Minaj decided to open up a bottle of "coke", and write a song!!
I quote:
"Controls, but bigger income, the development of the mourning of the package. No charge. It's bananas."

And Stoic?
So if we poke it, it will not react?
And the yellow scooter..... they didnt learn from Skoda?

Last edited by mayankk : 16th June 2014 at 11:33.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:56   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschandra View Post
The website design is quite good but I guess they have just copied and pasted the info of some famous autos irrespective of 2 or 4 wheelers.

Hope their bikes are also not the same copy and paste models!!!
Of what I can see and understand the bikes + scooters resemble somewhat to the following:
  • Leora – Vespa 125
  • Ruddy – Enticer/Avenger
  • Visrah – Dio (Alien'ish looks)
  • Dronzer – FZ Series
  • Etania – Honda Stunner
  • Stoic – Bajaj Platina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
their website doesn't even have a phone number ('under preparation) or an office address!
It does have an address buddy,

Quote:
CONTACT US:

Eider Motors
1st Floor, Tresorie,
The Park Building,
22 Raj Bhavan Road,Somajiguda,
Somajiguda, Hyderabad - 82. AP.

Phone: 040-434 05926
Email: info@eidermotors.com
Fax: 040-434 05926

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Product descriptions are in latin
+1

EDIT:

But, I just checked their website and all the points that were mentioned have been cleared and deleted by Eider.

The descriptions too for each product have been removed.

I guess they read this thread and acted upon it fast!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th June 2014 at 15:12.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 15:14   #8
BHPian

Well, if I remember correctly, my wife did attend an interview at the given office address- its a business center in The Park, Hyderabad.

That time she told me that this company is planning to introduce some Electric two Wheelers of Japanese make under their brand name in India. This was almost one year back.

I think this is the same company.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2014 at 10:17. Reason: Typos
MaNishi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th June 2014, 16:43   #9
BHPian

Ruddy Description - Classic looks , powerful engine, display system definitely offers you a powerful drive. Ruddy is designed for those who care for style, comfort and a super drive. With its 149CC engine and 5 speed gear box you have a powerful bike in your hand to enjoy a superior quality drive. Roar along with your Ruddy now

I don't know how 'display system definitely offers you a powerful drive' . All these years I thought its the engine that's responsible for the power

Please correct me If I understand something different
Old 17th June 2014, 10:57   #10
BHPian

Hahaha! The descriptions are funny as hell. Guess they copy pasted stuff from some car description. In the increasing order of hilarity

1.Front seat belts. :For the kids or for the bags from shopping? pretty safe bike this.
2.Front wipers with intermittent, 4 position delay: Remind me, what am i washing again?
3.Body color door mirrors: Uhmm, where are the doors?
and the best among all of these

Heated rear windows! I know that the rear definitely gets heated during the summers here and i guess thats where the rear wash and wipe with intermittent setting comes in perhaps for the cooling effect. I really don't know if they are half serious about selling bikes with a description like that.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 17th June 2014 at 11:09.
Arch-Angel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 11:41   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post

I really don't know if they are half serious about selling bikes with a description like that.
Poor guys @ Eider motors, I guess, have read this thread and ALL the descriptions have been removed as on yesterday.

No idea about the bikes yet but let's see if anything turns out from their end.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

It feels so similar to the below:

रद्दी {raddi} = SCRAP(Noun)

How can someone coin a hideous name like Ruddy when in India.
Its like naming a car "Laura" and launch it without caring for Indian Sentiments and not understanding the Indian lingo!!

Last edited by arnabchak : 17th June 2014 at 15:09.
arnabchak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:51   #13
BHPian

I had actually started another thread about Eider Motors because the first time I searched to see if there was similar thread, I did not find this. So that got deleted but luckily I have now found the thread. I had actually posted some details about the company.

The address that you see belongs to the promoters of the Nirvana's Group (sic) and they had a grand gala launch of the company on June 14th, 2014 to which none of the auto mags or web portals were invited. They basically had a ball with the socialite circles of Hyderabad. Apparently Eider Motors will be run by Lohith Reddy who is someone in the Nirvana's Group, whose activities apart from pointing to some sort of industrial ones are not really specific. The website on the first day was full of bloopers including a write up on one of the scooters which was in Mexican. That now brings me to the most interesting aspect. I wrote to the company on the contact us page to inform them about all the nonsense on their website and asked them where they were sourcing their technology from. Despite several reminders I did not hear from them.

What I discovered accidentally from all the rubbish copy that was put on the website was that another company called B-2 India was involved as a technology partner. I searched for the company and I found some write up in some newspaper dated sometime in 2013 that this company was providing technology to others apart from selling its own products. In the line up I saw what looked like the Ruddy and the scooters Leora and Visrah. They sported different names. When I was going through the pictures I found on pictures of the floorboards of the scooters about them being manufactured in Mexico.

Interestingly since then B-2 has ensured that they now have a new website that you can find at http://www.b2india.in/ and they have now an entirely new list of products. The about us page in that site cannot be found. Also when I first read about them their address was in Bangalore but now it seems they are saying they are Pune based. I have never heard of B-2 and I can surmise that they will act as intermediaries who will procure products for local manufacturers from Mexico. Also most interestingly all the old products have disappeared once the Eider website went live and have new ones in a newly designed web page of their own.

Eider has advertised for dealers in a Hyderabad based news daily called Hans India, but surprisingly they are looking for dealers only in around Hyderabad. They have no factory that is up and running, they only seem to have a warehouse.

In the photographs the quality of the products does not seem too bad, unlike how it was with Vibgyor and Global Auto (the manufacturers of Rock 100 motorcycle) who have since shut down. To me this seems like a fly by night operation, but maybe I am wrong. I will be thankful if anybody can throw some light on B-2 because that seems to be the lynch pin in this.
sadsack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 09:50   #14
BHPian

Eider Motors opens showroom in Ulhasnagar via Parth Motors

Eider Motors opens showroom in Ulhasnagar via Parth Motors

Hyderabad based two-wheeler manufacturer, Eider Motors has commenced its operations in Maharashtra with its showroom in Ulhasnagar through Parth Motors (Sector 17, Opposite Car World) and the company plans to begin sales sometime in March. Our friends from motorcycling group Bikers Brotherhood Club have sent us these exclusive images of Eider Motor’s showroom and product in Ulhasnagar. Currently, the company operates in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Bengaluru. With six products in its portfolio, Eider Motor aims at becoming one of the leading motorcycle manufacturing companies.

Source
Old 11th March 2015, 21:22   #15
BHPian

I am seeing a dealership in Porur, Chennai for this company - how come they are not publicizing their presence in Chennai/Tamilnadu?. Initially I didn't realize that its a new company, I was thinking that its a Vespa dealership as only the scooter was visible and from a distance it resembles Vespa. Today I saw some bikes and was wondering about the presence of bikes in a Vespa dealership.

Only after entering I realized that its a different company - unfortunately nothing more to add as I immediately walked out. I also realized how stupid I was to think of this scooter as Vespa :-(, there is no comparison.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks