Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 15:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive

First of all Congratulations again
I am talking to the service center guys to install the S spec headlights on my vespa.
My speedo has to be replaced because of some crack on the speedo wire housing,so will get the whole S spec front
kn09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:43   #62
BHPian

I made full balance payment for my Matt Black Vespa VX Esclusivo limited edition yesterday, should get delivery in a week or so.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 01:03   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

On 7th of July, the showroom guy had called me that in another week, our vehicle would complete a month and hence would be due for its first service.

I told him that I would come the next Saturday. He told me to come by 9:30AM to get back the vehicle on the same day. I then looked up the service booklet and saw that the first service was mentioned as 0.5-1 months or 250-750kms whichever comes earlier.

On 12th July, Me and my wife went there at 9:30AM and dropped the vehicle for service. Showroom was not open but the basement service was open. The service executive came out and collected the vehicle.

He inspected the vehicle for any scratches and other damages. Apart from mud all over the vehicle because of rains, there was nothing he could find. He then took out the booklet and tore off the first free service coupon and filled up the details. Our vehicle had run 257kms.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_094250.jpg
Black and Brown

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_094300.jpg
1st month

He asked if there were any specific complaints. We told him that we felt the pick-up was less. he told that it will be good after the vehicle has run a few more kilometres.

He told us that the free service would cost 430INR for the oil change. We collected the job card and came back.

Here's a quick look at the service facility:

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_094524.jpg
Receiving area

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_094539.jpg
To be serviced

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_173400.jpg
Waiting area

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_173323.jpg
Service bays-4 of them

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_173415.jpg
Washing area-notice a pulsar being washed?

By 4:30 in the evening , I got a call that the vehicle was ready. We went there after an hour or so. as soon as I went there, I saw a Vespa S in the showroom with a wind shield. It was looking good.

We went down to the service area and saw the vehicle. It was shining...err, its a matte black isn't it. well, only the chore parts were shining
While I paid the bill, a boy came and wiped the vehicle once more and gave us the vehicle.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140712_173346.jpg
Ready to go home

I asked if we could get the wind shield. he told that only a couple of exhibit pieces had arrived and a spare part would take some two weeks

My wife drove back the vehicle home. Upon asking she told that it felt better.

A couple of days later when my wife got a feedback call, she gave a positive feedback

Yesterday I called them up and asked if the wind shield had come and they said no.
Today, I called up another showroom in Bangalore and they told that they had stocks of the wind shield.
I took some pictures of the vehicle in the morning before heading to the dealership.

I went there at the stroke of 12 in the afternoon. This dealership was not as big as the one I had purchased the vehicle from, but still the showroom was pretty much similar in layout. A service guy attended me and when I told that I need a wind shield, he told it will take some 30mins to get it fixed and he told that it would cost 1800/-.
I confirmed and he took it to the basement service area. In 45 Minutes I got back the vehicle and drove back towards home.

Time for some before-and-after pictures...
BEFORE

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9286_lr.jpg
New vehicle, new Asphalt

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9290_lr.jpg
Matt-Mobil on the Matt-Black road

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9292_lr.jpg
let's go for a makeover

AFTER

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9334_lr.jpg
How am I looking?

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9340_lr.jpg
Looking good?

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9351_lr.jpg
Posing

On the wind shield, currently they have printed a "Vespa" logo. But I'm thinking of putting one of the below monograms. Please suggest which one is better?

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9296_lr.jpg
This one?...

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9300_lr.jpg
...or this one?

Before coming home, I went to BHPian pumpy_raj's house and my vehicle caught up with his father's 52 year old Vespa 150.
Let the pictures talk now...

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9304_lr.jpg
Beauty is timeless

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9307_lr.jpg
52 years apart

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9311_lr.jpg
Classic and contemporary

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9317_lr.jpg
Flower laden path

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9322_lr.jpg
STOP!

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9329_lr.jpg
Vespa 150 and Vespa 125

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_9331_lr.jpg
Generation gap
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 10:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife was on leave and hence, after many days, I finally could ride the Vespa. More importantly it was the first time I drove for quite a long distance (25kms) after the first service.

The vehicle was smooth in acceleration and also at high speeds. The new speed limit of 80kmph for two wheelers was very easy and I cruised at this speed for most of the 25km distance. I was satisfied with the drive.

We have not checked the FE figures but a rough calculation from my side showed that it may be over 35kmpl

Also The vehicle reached a small landmark

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140828_075513.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20140828_075601.jpg
NICE 500.0
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 20:27   #65
BHPian

Congrats on the Black beauty!!!

I too am in the market for a vespa. Still confused whether to get a S or VX... and the colour of course.

Like the orange S, but most people I've asked have said its too loud

Only colour I liked on the VX was the esclusivo in matt black. But thats a hell lot more expensive than the normal vx.

So I'm still confused :/
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:58   #66
BHPian

The 5th image in your post above indicates the following for feedback

8 - Average
9 - Good
10 - Excellent.

I guess it is a common practice, but what a manipulation of the feedback scale to help get good feedback. Thank god, they did not say

10 - Poor
10 - Average
10 - Good
10 - Excellent.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 16:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Congrats on the Black beauty!!!

I too am in the market for a vespa. Still confused whether to get a S or VX... and the colour of course.

Only colour I liked on the VX was the esclusivo in matt black. But thats a hell lot more expensive than the normal vx.

I too liked the Orange one very much but My wife didn't like it at all.
She told me that my tastes are getting bad by the day

If you are thinking of Vespa S, then VX exclusivo shouldn't feel expensive isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
The 5th image in your post above indicates the following for feedback

8 - Average
9 - Good
10 - Excellent.

I guess it is a common practice, but what a manipulation of the feedback scale to help get good feedback. Thank god, they did not say

10 - Poor
10 - Average
10 - Good
10 - Excellent.
Yes, I was also thinking of the same. Its like the reality shows on TV in the country. Judges always give 8, 9, 10. Very rarely do they go below that. I many times tell my family that they could as well keep the ratings till just 3
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 17:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:

I have the Esclusivo Matt Black & its indeed an awesome color, but I would have gone for the Yellow otherwise. Its an evergreen color for the Vespa.

I havent created an ownership thread, maybe I should.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 23:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I too liked the Orange one very much but My wife didn't like it at all.
She told me that my tastes are getting bad by the day

If you are thinking of Vespa S, then VX exclusivo shouldn't feel expensive isn't it?
My friends are saying the same, albeit in a more non forgiving manner

It kind of does feel a bit expensive.

- If you compare it with the standard VX, there is almost a 10k difference
- If you compare it with the S, its a lower version at a higher price

Although, at the end of the day, it is indeed an 'esclusivo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I have the Esclusivo Matt Black & its indeed an awesome color, but I would have gone for the Yellow otherwise. Its an evergreen color for the Vespa.

I havent created an ownership thread, maybe I should.
Congrats! Matt black on the VX looks stunning! Do post pictures of your Vespa if you can... will help me decide

Also, if I may ask, where did you purchase yours from in Mumbai? How was your experience with them?
Old 12th September 2014, 09:49   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you were closer to me, I guess I would have done the same to you. Also I have to maintain the decorum of Team-BHP

Quote:

It a clear case of mind Vs heart. I can understand

However if you want to save some money and if you are good at DIY, There is a thread where BHPian kn09 has painted his Black VX to Matt Black. Take a look...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tte-black.html
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 10:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats! Matt black on the VX looks stunning! Do post pictures of your Vespa if you can... will help me decide

Also, if I may ask, where did you purchase yours from in Mumbai? How was your experience with them?
I bought mine from Indy Italia Bandra, contact Imran there, quite a good buying experience. I thought Matt Black Esclusivo was 6K more expensive than regular Vespa VX when I bought it, have to check my papers & confirm. This also gives body graphics, different seat. I think chrome kit is standard on VX too.

Note that I didnt buy the Vespa S Matt Black ONLY because of the glove box in front & the underseat hook, both missing. The square looks of Vespa S are better than Vespa VX IMO.

I will try to post pics & start an ownership thread next week as I am traveling now.

Last edited by gsurya : 12th September 2014 at 10:21.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If you were closer to me, I guess I would have done the same to you. Also I have to maintain the decorum of Team-BHP

It a clear case of mind Vs heart. I can understand

However if you want to save some money and if you are good at DIY, There is a thread where BHPian kn09 has painted his Black VX to Matt Black. Take a look...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tte-black.html
You're right. It is indeed mind vs heary Lets see which one prevails!

That paintjob by kn09 looks absolutely amazing! I'd consider doing the DIY paintjob, but only a couple of years after the purchashing the vehicle. Don't want to spoil a beautiful new paintjob!

Quote:
I bought mine from Indy Italia Bandra, contact Imran there, quite a good buying experience. I thought Matt Black Esclusivo was 6K more expensive than regular Vespa VX when I bought it, have to check my papers & confirm. This also gives body graphics, different seat. I think chrome kit is standard on VX too.

Note that I didnt buy the Vespa S Matt Black ONLY because of the glove box in front & the underseat hook, both missing. The square looks of Vespa S are better than Vespa VX IMO.

I will try to post pics & start an ownership thread next week as I am traveling now.
I visited a new showroom opened near my house in Andheri west, which is more of a small shop. It has only two vehicles on display! Had to wait four days to test drive a vespa from there.

Visited the Bandra Indy Italia, and was surprised to see so the size of the showrom. SO many vehicles on display! Defintetly going to purchase mine from there!

Personally, I feel that the round headlamp is the USP of the vespa's and although they look sportier with the rectangular headlamps, that unique vespa look is somewhat lost with them.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:48   #73

Quote:

I'd like to thank Hemant_anand for this post. This took me away from VX 125 and made me go for the Vespa S Matt Black!!

I have just come back from the showroom in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. Have paid 88K and 2 K remain as I went with the money for VX 125 only. Will have to give the remaining amount at delivery.

Really helpful thread that gave important feedback.

Only thing I am now concerned about is the front plate. The front mud guard does have provision for the two sided front number plate. Have to find out locally who can help me acquire that kind of number plate. Would just be spectacular if that is possible. I really don't like the front sticker.

Any pointers in this regards would be really appreciated.
craagz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 01:36   #74
BHPian

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414612535.625711.jpg
I bought my white vespa s almost 6 months back and have ridden 3000 kms on it till now..

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414612674.857851.jpg

I live in Pune because of which I could buy vespa s at 83k on road 😃

Pune has very bumpy and bad roads and somehow initially I didn't pay heed toward the tyre pressure. As a result of which I got a lot of punctures on my beauty ...but after going through the vespa manual things are under control .

I was thinking of planning a weekend trip to Goa on vespa. Is it thinkable ??

Pune to Goa is approx 450 kms and I intend to take a night pit stop at Kohlapur ( that happens to be equidistant from Goa and Pune). Please suggest.

Also what tyre pressures are best for city rides ( front and rear)?Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414613093.791050.jpg
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Pune to Goa is definitely do-able, with an overnight stopped planned, it should be a breeze. The scooter can definitely handle it, the question is, can you?

Its worth it just for one thing. You're going to be the coolest looking Dude in Goa on the Vespa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks