Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 09:38   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by craagz View Post
I'd like to thank Hemant_anand for this post. This took me away from VX 125 and made me go for the Vespa S Matt Black!!
Thanks for those words and Congratulations on the buy!

Quote:
The front mud guard does have provision for the two sided front number plate. Have to find out locally who can help me acquire that kind of number plate. Would just be spectacular if that is possible. I really don't like the front sticker.
I'm also on the lookout for such a plate, if you are successful in getting one, please let me know, I'll also take one.

And now time for some updates:
The vehicle went in for its second service on September 13th. It was a mere formality and a wash more than anything else.
My wife hadn't used the vehicle much and so there was nothing much to be done.
With my wife changing her company it will run more from November onwards.

When I took delivery of the vehicle after the service was done, I made a small cosmetic change.
The 'Vespa' printed on the windshield was looking a little bit cheap for my liking. So I purchased a 'VespaS' monogram and pasted it over it. It cost me ₹200/- IIRC
Note: Excuse the low quality mobile phone pictures.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642136834.jpg
Earlier print

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642174724.jpg
Present look

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642199876.jpg
This is how it looks from inside

And some parting shots from the showroom that I took while I was waiting for the billing.
I just couldn't help but clicking the colourful wasps

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642507509.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642535938.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642564819.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1414642586605.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 30th October 2014 at 09:45.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 11:41   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Pune to Goa is definitely do-able, with an overnight stopped planned, it should be a breeze. The scooter can definitely handle it, the question is, can you?

Its worth it just for one thing. You're going to be the coolest looking Dude in Goa on the Vespa

Thanks for boosting my confidence..planning to do it next weekend..will share my travelogue 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Thanks for those words and Congratulations on the buy!

The vespaS badge on your windshield looks great..now even I want to do something like that..

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please use the MULTI-QUOTE (QUOTE+) function in order to reply to two posts. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2014 at 13:00.
Old 31st October 2014, 08:44   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Thanks for boosting my confidence..planning to do it next weekend..will share my travelogue 😊
Will look forward to the travelogue.

However, I would suggest some kind of support for the back. Today after a long gap, I drove the Vespa for a 30Kms stretch on the highway. It surely strains the back. When you take on a 300+Kms journey on consecutive days, the strain is much more.
Old 1st November 2014, 17:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Will look forward to the travelogue.

However, I would suggest some kind of support for the back. Today after a long gap, I drove the Vespa for a 30Kms stretch on the highway. It surely strains the back. When you take on a 300+Kms journey on consecutive days, the strain is much more.

I agree.. I had gone to lonavala once on my vespa and though the drive was splendid ..I was cruising at 80-85 kms with my friend without any problem ..but when I came back to Pune I felt some pain in my back (around waist)..but then I thought about the drive and forgot it 😝
Old 31st March 2015, 10:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for boosting my confidence..planning to do it next weekend..will share my travelogue
Hello. So, um, did you try the road-trip?

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2015 at 19:00. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 31st March 2015, 14:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
Quote:
Thanks for boosting my confidence..planning to do it next weekend..will share my travelogue
Hello. So, um, did you try the road-trip?

Yup I did and it was amazing...please find my travelogue as below :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...m-vespa-s.html

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2015 at 19:00. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 26th May 2015, 17:54   #82

Did you get pre-installed rear foot pegs or were they provided as an additional accessory?
Old 30th May 2015, 20:44   #83

Just booked a vespa s Matt black today. I might write a review of my own.
Old 30th May 2015, 21:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCIHD View Post
Awesome dude- One day we'll do a photoshoot with MH 12 KL 5494 - which is my Vespa VX 125.

Congrats- And what was the final deal?

I know deciding on the colour was the hardest part.

All that said- The foot pegs were an additional accessory in my case.

An all Italian garage now; eh?
Old 31st May 2015, 02:51   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCIHD View Post

Congrats Bro on your new ride. I too own Vespa S which is 1 year old and has covered 8k kms. Matt black looks smoking hot on the vespa but you will have to take proper care for its maintenance.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
When I took delivery of the vehicle after the service was done, I made a small cosmetic change.
The 'Vespa' printed on the windshield was looking a little bit cheap for my liking. So I purchased a 'VespaS' monogram and pasted it over it. It cost me ₹200/- IIRC
Note: Excuse the low quality mobile phone pictures.
Where did you get the windscreen & what did it cost you? Am planning to take my Vespa on long runs this monsoon & this will be useful.
Old 31st May 2015, 11:57   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Where did you get the windscreen & what did it cost you? Am planning to take my Vespa on long runs this monsoon & this will be useful.
Quoting my own post for the answer

Quote:
as soon as I went there, I saw a Vespa S in the showroom with a wind shield. It was looking good.

I asked if we could get the wind shield. he told that only a couple of exhibit pieces had arrived and a spare part would take some two weeks

Yesterday I called them up and asked if the wind shield had come and they said no.

Today, I called up another showroom in Bangalore and they told that they had stocks of the wind shield.

I went there at the stroke of 12 in the afternoon. This dealership was not as big as the one I had purchased the vehicle from, but still the showroom was pretty much similar in layout. A service guy attended me and when I told that I need a wind shield, he told it will take some 30mins to get it fixed and he told that it would cost 1800/-.
I confirmed and he took it to the basement service area. In 45 Minutes I got back the vehicle and drove back towards home.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 12:31   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Awesome dude- One day we'll do a photoshoot with MH 12 KL 5494 - which is my Vespa VX 125.

Congrats- And what was the final deal?

I know deciding on the colour was the hardest part.

All that said- The foot pegs were an additional accessory in my case.

An all Italian garage now; eh?
Yes color was the hardest part. Had to do a toss to decide. My mind was totally messed up.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:23   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Third Italian added to our family

Background:
My sister was in need of a scooter to take my nephew to school and bring him back-a total of 10kms daily.
Currently an autorickshaw was doing this service but somehow she was uncomfortable and always worried about the risks.
So, my Brother in law(BIL) wanted to present a scooter as a surprise and free her of her worries.

The choice:
Earlier she had an Activa (109cc) but had sold it as it was not used at all. The obvious choice was Activa again.
My BIL went to the Honda Showroom and enquired the prices. He wanted to buy the 125cc version this time.
The On-Road price was 86k including all the accessories. That just felt too high for an Activa.
Without much thinking, he went to the Vespa Showroom and booked a Vespa Vx Disc variant for 96k with all accessories.
Somehow that 10k doesn't feel too much for a Vespa.

The colour
Tll here, my BIL had done everything without telling anyone. After booking, when it came to the colour, he couldn't decide. IMO this the toughest part when you are buying a Vespa.
Moreover my Sister is very much particular when it comes to such things.
So he decided to tell my sister and he took her to the showroom for the colour decision. It didn't take her much time to finalize the white.

The Delivery:
After all this, I was informed about the vehicle 2 days ago and that it will be arriving on Saturday (today).
So we went to the showroom today at 10AM and as promised the vehicle was kept ready with all the accessories fitted.
The seat was however Beige. We somehow didn't like it. We asked for the black but however from the S125.
He agreed but told that it will cost an additional 1.5k.
We agreed to it and it was fixed in 10 minutes. Just after it was done, we realised that the seat of the S doesn't have a hook.
So we asked them to fix a black seat from the Vx125. They obliged and in another 5 minutes we got a black seat of another Vx
Then the vehicle didn't start After trying to start for 5 minutes, they realized that there was no fuel in the tank!
They took 15 minutes to siphon out fuel from other vehicles and filled some into this.
Finally off we drove homewards.

Matching Matching:
My sister drove for 5 kms and then handed the vehicle to me and asked me to get something nice done. I was waiting for this
After a full tank of petrol which came to 450Rs, I drove straight to the graphics shop in JC road and gave them a design.
Luckily the shop was empty and they immediately started work and completed it in 1 hour.
Apart from the stickers, an IND plate was also included-All costed INR500

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150801_143409.jpg
Cleaning in progress before the design can be pasted

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150801_14473601.jpeg
The 'Obvious' design

Surprised!
I also wanted this design on the helmet. So, I went to buy a matching white helmet.
The white one available in the dealership was not very stylish.
To my surprise, The market doesn't have a half face helmet in plain white. only black was available in plain!
Now we have to see if we can order something online. If not, we plan to buy a black helmet and get it painted.

Click Click
Surprised and disappointed, I came back home and had planned a nice photo-shoot.
But the clouds didn't allow me. however I took some from my mobile phone

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150801_17342101.jpeg
Matching Matching

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150801_173438.jpg
Siblings' Siblings

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150801_17350101.jpeg
VespAbarth

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 1st August 2015 at 22:31.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:09   #90
BHPian

O boy I am so jealous in a pleasant way. My friend bought the vx when it launched couple of years back and the build quality so much reminded me of my dad's bajaj super with trapezium headlight (the same on display in vespa showroom). The sheer STRONG steel used in the scooter is mind blowing.
The dynamics of the scooter is what makes it pricey. It almost feels like 90degree plantation on road. During my last week visit to Goa we rented 3 vx for 3 days for family and man all of us went gaga over the scooter. All 3 of us couples were on road for whole day despite of rains simply bcoz of scooter.

And yesterday I happen to see a Matt black vespa s in my office with contrasting 's' red logo. I watched that scooter for nice 10 minutes wishing I had one.
My wife has a bajaj wave which is now used solely for vegetables shopping. And wife is not ready to part ways from it due to certain unconvincing Indianised 'emotional' reasons.
I am such an unhappy fella.

Most Viewed