Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Third Italian added to our family

After a full tank of petrol which came to 450Rs, I drove straight to the graphics shop in JC road and gave them a design.
Luckily the shop was empty and they immediately started work and completed it in 1 hour.
Wow. Just wow. This is another instance of 2 Italians in the house. Even we have a Punto and Vespa, though not in matching colour. The Abarth stripes are minimal yet add a very good value to the looks of the Vespa. The Martini racing livery also suits the white Vespa. You can google for some images!

Also reading thorough the thread is inspiring me to pen down an ownership thread of my 2 years 3 months old Vespa Lx 125. Now I'm going in for the 10th service this month. Will try to post it after it.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 23:02   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Saturday, both the Vespas in my home went in for service.

My sister called me at 07:00 in the morning. I mumbled and didn't lift the phone at first.
She called me again and woke me up from my deep sleep (I had slept at 02:00 since it was a weekend).
She told me that we had to take both the vehicles for service. I was irritated and told her what was the urgency to wake me at 07:00 for that.
She told "its 7:00 Already and if we don't go, we will not get it back the same day"
I told her to relax and let me sleep since the service centre will open only at 09:30. She was Like
Being an Activa owner all these years, her actions were justified but having owned a Vespa for more than a year now, I cut the call and dozed off.

We took the vehicle to the service centre at 9:30AM.
The black S125 for its 6th Service(Paid) and the White VX for its 1st (Free)
The S125 had run ~7800Kms and the VX had covered only ~400 kms.

The person receiving the vehicle, started talking to my brother in law and started writing down all the points for the White vehicle.

I was looking around other vehicles. I found one difference between all the vehicles around and our vehicles.
The place where the rear grab rail is fixed to the body of the vehicle had a neat base with vespa logo.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-4.jpg
circled in red

Our vehicles had nothing but 2 bolts and was not looking good at all.
Upon close observation, I got to know it was a cap fixed onto a hole on the grab rail.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-3.jpg
Our VX

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-2.jpg
Look, there is a hole for putting the screw fro the cap

Today When I checked the Vespa reviews on TBHP, I saw that BHPian scorpman also doesn't have this cap in his S125. All others have it

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-1.jpg
BHPian scorpman's S125

Then he came to me to receive the black vehicle for service. The only problem was a starting problem.
even after 3 hours gap, the electric starter was taking quite a bit of time to fire up the engine.
He told that this was a known problem and will replace some part under warranty.

I then asked him why we did not have that grab rail cap.
He saw and told me that since S125 doesn't come with a grab rail, we have to order it separately-grab rail and cap as separate spare parts.
But for the VX, it comes from the factory.

I then pointed him to our White VX and asked him the same question. Poor fellow he didn't have any answer to the excuse he had made earlier
He told, he'll check and fix it

I asked him the cost and it was 89 Rupees. I asked him to fix it to both Free of cost. He told he can fix it free of cost only for the VX but not to the S125.

He gave an estimate of 1300 for the VX and 1800 for the the S125. It was definitely high.
When I saw the details, they had written 200 rupees for some 3M oil (upon asking I came to know it was an additive for petrol vehicles)
They had written 550 ruppes for a Teflon coating.

I asked him to remove both. He started saying, that the 3M oil will make the engine smooth and teflon coating will make the vehicle shine and other such usual things.
After much deliberation, I decided to give it a try. But these are few things that they are simply charging the customers whether they need it or not.
if you are not looking at it, you'll get an impression that Vespa maintenance is expensive

Then came the delivery time:
As promised, at 16:00 we got a call that both the vehicles were ready. We went there by 17:30.
I was interested to see the teflon coating results on the matte Black and it was really nice.
The bill was 1300 and 1800 for the VX and S125 respectively. He asked us to pay it in the showroom on the ground floor and then collect the vehicle.
I saw the bill and both the vehicles were charged for the cap. I was unhappy and told him to remove it from the VX.
He told since it was billed, they cannot remove. I was totally dissatisfied with his reply.
When I raised my voice a bit, he told he'll give me a credit note and can be reduced in the next bill. I took it and paid the amount.

Then I got the feedback form. I circled 7 (average) and was about to leave.
He came running to me and asked why I gave 7!!!
I told him that my experience was not very nice and hence I gave 7.
He then started saying that 9,10 is what we have to give otherwise his ratings will come down and his men will be demotivated.
I told him that in the first place, he should not be asking for a change in feedback but should earn it.
Secondly if I give 9,10 you'll become complacent and there will not be any scope for improvement.
He was not ready to leave me. I gave up and since it was gettind delayed, I changed it to 8 and left.

Overall, this time wasn't a very good experience. I thought to myself that this is how a brand image is spoilt.

Our our way home, I stopped the vehicles and took some photos from my mobile phone. Here they are

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150905_17591001.jpeg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150905_17594101.jpeg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20150905_1757000101.jpeg
Old 10th October 2015, 23:51   #93
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The pipe leading to the silencer / muffler of my Vespa LX is getting corroded. Does anyone have any suggestions at to some special heat resistant paint that can be applied to this?

Also, I find the horn to be rather meek. When I asked for a more powerful horn at the Vespa A.S.S. I was told that was the best they could do and that if I fitted a louder horn it would affect the battery. Comments anyone?

Regards,
SS
Old 11th October 2015, 00:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

The pipe leading to the silencer / muffler of my Vespa LX is getting corroded. Does anyone have any suggestions at to some special heat resistant paint that can be applied to this?

Also, I find the horn to be rather meek...

Regards,
SS
Pipe corrosion is affecting my Vespa too. My service advisor suggested to wait till all rains stop and get anti corrosion treatment done on it in next service.

Horn is weak, but after changing to Led headlight, it has become a bit more louder. Weak battery is the culprit here. You could try and get a higher capacity battery if you really want, but personally I could get myself adjusted to the weak horn.
Old 11th October 2015, 15:43   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Pipe corrosion is affecting my Vespa too. My service advisor suggested to wait till all rains stop and get anti corrosion treatment done on it in next service.

Horn is weak, but after changing to Led headlight, it has become a bit more louder. Weak battery is the culprit here. You could try and get a higher capacity battery if you really want, but personally I could get myself adjusted to the weak horn.
Which led headlight did you get fitted? Can you post pictures of the them please . I was considering installing them when I purchased my S. But was told it would void warranty.

I'm free to install them now
Old 12th October 2015, 09:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Which led headlight did you get fitted? Can you post pictures of the them please . I was considering installing them when I purchased my S. But was told it would void warranty.

I'm free to install them now
Sorry, couldn't upload the pics to tbhp. I'll try again tonight. Meanwhile check out the pics I posted on modernVespa forums about the same.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic134639
Old 15th October 2015, 10:35   #97
BHPian

Thanks to hemanth.anand i never had to visit a showroom to take my decision to buy a scooter for my wife.

Vespa Matte Black it was... Amazing vehicle. The vehicle speaks quality and happy that its worth that extra that i spent on the beauty.

And as always, any Manufacturer when enters India, the service centre has their own ingenious ways of ruining their reputation.

Not sure where i could complain, so just scribbling my thoughts in this thread with hope that other Vespa buyers keep a tab on things which needs to be kept in mind while having their encounter with the lazy/arrogant/non-customer centric sales staff of Falcon Mobikes - Banashankari 3rd Stage.

Before i start my complaints register, i also would have to thank the technical / service staff of Falcon mobikes for their knowledge and courtesy extended during the 1st and 2nd Service.

Events listed down chronologically:

Day 1: the day when i go to the showroom to book the vehicle - i get a list of items that go into the final pricing of Vespa. I pay 1k advance.

Day 2: i go back to the dealer and share a cheque of Rs. 100925.
Here ends the eagerness+smiling face in the sales staff who were all energetic when they were trying to sell the vehicle.
This is day when i put a request for a specific Regn. Number which again comes at an additional price of 3K (which i agreed to)

Day 9: Not a single call from sales team on the status of the vehicle or the special number that i had requested for. (must have called them almost thrice a day)

Day 10: i get a call from the sales team and they inform me that they missed the number which i had requested for and if another number might interest me(KA 05). (my temper goes high here).
i decide to use my own contacts and go for the same number but through another RTO (ka 02).

Day 23: Delivery day. Was happy to ride something nice and new. It actually turned few heads on the road.

Day 28: i get a call from Vespa service centre indicating my vehicle was due for service. (Again blood started boiling). here they have a point saying that the clock starts ticking for them when i make the payment and not when i take the delivery.

(that is when i realised they had actually done a TR from my vehicle even after me telling them not to do it. Just to reach their target numbers and hence my vehicle was due for service in 5 days after delivery with 50kms on the odo)

After a bit of argument, they were gracious enough to give me opportunity that scooter runs at least for 100 kms before first service. Which also has a oil change.

10th October: Its time for second service. 1k km on the odo.
This is when i just opened all the documents and receipts to just take a tab on payment v/s receipts. ( i think its also my fault that i did not notice the bill details earlier)

To the shock of my life, i did not have receipts for Rs. 5500 + 4300.

Here goes the explanation:
Rs. 4300 for handling and registration. (not sure what they handled)
4000 for accessories. (which they missed giving a bill but assured will give one soon)
300 Temp registration (i did not get any receipt)
550 extended warranty (again no receipt)
Still a discrepancy of 1078 rupees.

Digging deep into their Tally software, with the help of their honest+truthful+loyal accountant, i discover that there was a sale of a helmet in my account. (i never even had a look at their helmet which is overpriced)

So they said in their accounts, i still had to pay 1100 as i had purchased the helmet a day after delivery of the vehicle and since i did not go back to make the payment they had shown a discount of the amount in my account the rounded of the tally to Zero balance.

I refused to pay the service amount of 650 as they still owe me 1078 but the sales team were very adamant that they cant adjust this bill of 650 against the dues that they owe me as they are of the firm belief that i bought the helmet.

Few minutes of tussle and all truth comes out. In the heat of argument, i was informed that they do not have set targets of selling X number vehicles/month and they run smoothly without these targets (which i feel is a reason for their different attitude). But after few minutes of argument, again i had to give up and had to cough up the service amount.

I am 100% sure that they will not call me back to settle the account an i need to run around from my side to take my money which lies with them.

Just to summarise, i want to caution all fellow aspiring motor heads to get all the commitments given from the showroom in writing when you go for initial discussions and tally the same post payment and before delivery of the vehicle.
avinashsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 16:00   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't upload the pics to tbhp. I'll try again tonight. Meanwhile check out the pics I posted on modernVespa forums about the same.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic134639
It is certainly spoiling the retro looks; at least from the pictures you have posted. Please post pictures of the entire vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashsg View Post
Just to summarise, i want to caution all fellow aspiring motor heads to get all the commitments given from the showroom in writing when you go for initial discussions and tally the same post payment and before delivery of the vehicle.
It is so sad to see dealerships ruining the ownership experience of wonderful products of good brands; be it 4 wheelers or 2 wheelers. The italian car brand that I have is famous for this. I just hope that your case with the Italian 2 wheeler brand that we have is a one off case.

After your current problems with the dealer is solved, I would suggest you shift to another service station (The one on Hosur road is close to your office).
If not for their work which I have not seen, I'm sure at least your personal relations will be better.
There will also be no scope for them to treat you differently since there is no baggage of bad experiences from the past.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 15th October 2015 at 16:03.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 10:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is certainly spoiling the retro looks; at least from the pictures you have posted. Please post pictures of the entire vehicle
I've uploaded some pictures here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3827615
Old 25th October 2015, 19:24   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Vespa showroom here in Bangalore had a HID kit it seems. I got to know this from my friend but I'm yet to check it out my self. It is priced 3000 odd rupees it seems.

I always wanted to go on a long ride on my Vespa but nothing has gone past the planning stages.
On Friday, me and fellow BHPian avinashsg took a Black and White Vespas to the Markonahalli dam backwaters 120 kms away for a small ride+Breakfast+photoshoot

Started home at 06:30hrs and reached the breakfast point (Swathi delicacy) at 09:30hrs with at least 4 breaks since we were in no hurry.
After about 45 minutes, We reached the photo location.
After 30 minutes of taking photos, took rest for 30 more minutes and started back by 11:30hrs. Again after 3 to 4 breaks, reached home at 14:00hrs

The vehicle is certainly capable of long rides only if you have backrest arrangements or else a break after 75-100 kms is essential.

Some photos from the ride
Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4248.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4251.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4271.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4278.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4304.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4317.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-2014_0101_000909_008.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-2014_0101_000013_001.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-dsc_4255.jpg

Also avinashsg had recently purchased an SJ4000 Action camera and attached below is a small timelapse video of the rive on the highway

Old 25th October 2015, 20:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics guys! Also loved that more and more people are traveling 100 ish kms on Vespa. That's certainly a doable thing. It's an amazing vehicle.
Old 26th October 2015, 17:29   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics guys! Also loved that more and more people are traveling 100 ish kms on Vespa. That's certainly a doable thing. It's an amazing vehicle.
Thanks.

Yes, 100kms one way it is certainly Doable. I feel we can do 100Kms non-stop.
A backrest however will help a lot.
On our onward journey, We stopped many times and spent a lot of time to mount the new Action camera in many places around the vehicle.
During our return journey, we only stopped once to drink some tender coconuts.
And I found that a good cruising speed is 90kmph
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 16:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Just got my Vespa serviced and looked at the new 150/125cc Vespa with bigger tires. I asked if the rims can be swapped and the service technician said not possible. What I observed was that the rims (front) have 5 screws whereas mine has 3. I know the rims won't be a direct swap, but if they can be fitted by some means I'll be interested in that mod. Can you ask your service person when you visit next? Especially since the rear wheels are fatter and the front ones are bigger (12" vs 10"). The rear ones have only a centre nut and not 5 screws.

Thanks

Last edited by blackwasp : 24th November 2015 at 16:30.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:16   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Just got my Vespa serviced and looked at the new 150/125cc Vespa with bigger tires. I asked if the rims can be swapped and the service technician said not possible. What I observed was that the rims (front) have 5 screws whereas mine has 3. I know the rims won't be a direct swap, but if they can be fitted by some means I'll be interested in that mod. Can you ask your service person when you visit next? Especially since the rear wheels are fatter and the front ones are bigger (12" vs 10"). The rear ones have only a centre nut and not 5 screws.

Thanks
IMO,it is not whether it is possible or not...it is whether you want to spend so much on it.
When your Service technician told that it is not possible, probably he meant that it is not a simple swap and may become an expensive exercise.

Here is what I make of it:
Let us look the wheels of the S and SXL (picture courtesy: www.autocarindia.com)

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-front.jpg

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-rear.jpg

Basically the wheels of the S is made up of two parts-the three spokes and the peripheral ring. The 3 bolts are used to join the two parts.
However the wheels of the SXL is a single unit so there is no need of those 3 bolts.

So as I see it, the rear wheel can be a direct swap.
Coming to the front wheels of the SXL, there are 5 more bolts.
I have not seen it personally, so I do not know if they are functional or just cosmetic.
If they are cosmetic, then even the front wheels can be swapped. but if they are bolted to any other unit, then we may have to swap that unit also. That unit in all probabilities will also have the disc brake unit fixed onto it.

Things we have to change in the worst case IMO:
Rear wheel-The alloy wheel
Front wheel-The alloy wheel and the centre housing

All said and done, I'll check with my service centre and if possible, I'll not just inform you but I'll get it done and update you

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 25th November 2015 at 10:17.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO,it is not whether it is possible or not...it is whether you want to spend so much on it.
When your Service technician told that it is not possible, probably he meant that it is not a simple swap and may become an expensive exercise.

All said and done, I'll check with my service centre and if possible, I'll not just inform you but I'll get it done and update you
Thanks. Although a bit expensive, but definitely cheaper than getting a new Vespa. I plan to keep mine for a long while, and I definitely would've got the disk brake + newer version if available 2 yrs back. Atleast, if that's even a remote possibility the enthusiast in me will start saving for them from now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks