Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 01:50   #76
BHPian

Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air

In the context of laws and guidelines, here is what the ASCI's website lays down as a guideline to advertisers in automotives (http://www.ascionline.org/index.php/...uidelines.html):

Advertisers are encouraged to depict advertisements, in a manner which promotes safe practices, eg wearing of helmets and fastening of seatbelts, not using mobiles/cell phones when driving, etc.

I believe it is a no-brainer to decide whether the Hero bike ad follows this guideline.
Old 12th July 2014, 16:08   #77
BHPian

Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air

I may not be the best judge when it comes to ad censorship. However, I guess a good number of motorcycle ads will qualify for censorship in that case.

I am wondering why are the ads approved in the first place when they flout the rules laid out.
Old 12th July 2014, 16:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
In the context of laws and guidelines, here is what the ASCI's website lays down as a guideline to advertisers in automotives (http://www.ascionline.org/index.php/...uidelines.html):

Advertisers are encouraged to depict advertisements, in a manner which promotes safe practices, eg wearing of helmets and fastening of seatbelts, not using mobiles/cell phones when driving, etc.

I believe it is a no-brainer to decide whether the Hero bike ad follows this guideline.
Refer to my earlier post. The hero ad compiles with all the stated regulations. Advertising is to generate interest in a product. And today they are called commercials. If going by the rules all deodorant ads ate flouting it even more than the automotive industry. I do not promote the hero ad but it us a fine example of rider capability
Old 18th July 2014, 17:13   #79
BHPian

When you have the same old technology, with minor cosmetic changes and nothing else to show, I guess you should have that "flexible morality" to sell your product.

If you look at all their products, these companies have been unable to make even minor improvements and innovations.

They have to cover their impotence with such ads!
Old 19th July 2014, 05:09   #80
BHPian

Of late I am struggling to find time to watch T.V. Is this Ad still being telecasted or has it been pulled off air?
Old 21st September 2018, 22:34   #81
BHPian

Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air!

Watched the new 200cc Xtreme ad featuring Virat Kohli. The Indian skipper is seen racing on the new Hero with quite some aggression with a lot of risky stunts dodging a Land Rover and racing ahead of Civics and Octavias. Hero seems to have kept up the tradition of dangerous/misleading ads. No wonder we see an increasing number of morons on the streets each passing day. Here's an article by Cartoq:

https://www.cartoq.com/virat-kohlis-...o-risky-video/
shreyan_k10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 00:24   #82
BHPian

Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Watched the new 200cc Xtreme ad featuring Virat Kohli.
The ad keeps coming in between the Asia Cup matches and its atrocious to say the least. The worst part being when he guns it through a narrow gap between 2 moving tractor trailers. Absolutely irresponsible ad. Nonsense. All for 200 cc. I am appalled that Kohli agreed to be part of this stupid ad. There are numerous other ways he can make his money. Not done Mr. Kohli, as an icon, you have a responsibility towards the youth of our Nation.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 00:45   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed, but then kohli does not shy away from using some of the best words on line TV too, so not sure if he actually cares that much.

Off late, I thought he was trying to change his image, but we are back to square one with this advertisement.

I hope common sense prevails, and this is taken off the air too, not sure how are these even approved to be aired on national TV.
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

All this drama, for a 200cc Hero, which has the same top-speed as my 9 year old 150cc Hero Honda They don't even mention the horsepower or 0-60 times, because they know its that bad.

Imagine a squid getting this bike after watching the ad, only to be beaten by other 180cc bikes left right and centre

On a side note, they could have focused on the VFM factor, which could have helped them generate some sales.
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:21   #85
Senior - BHPian

My disdain for this individual only keeps on growing. What a ridiculous ad. It is comical to me that they are trying to create such a narrative for a 200 cc point A to B commuter.
The only thing that I think they should be focusing on ( and if it is true)
is that they are giving a 200cc for the price of a 150/180 cc.
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:44   #86
Senior - BHPian

The TVS Apache RTR ads feature the bike being ridden on a test track. We all have seen how some idiots who own this bike ride it on the streets.

Leave the RTR, the Honda Dio is more of a menace on our roads. I haven't seen any ads that show the Dio pulling some of the stunts that these fellow do on the road.

In the end it's the responsibility of the rider to ride the bike in the proper manner. You can take a horse to the pond...

Ads can influence but we underestimate the capacity of human kind to be a jerk on its own.
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:53   #87
BHPian

I feel 90% advertisements are misleading and glorifying their products based on ad agencies’ creativity rather than product’s capability! In case of automobiles - Flying bikes, non-geared ones picking girls, small cars dragging, mere crossovers off-roading just to name a few! Companies hit the sentiments of innocent buyers showing them dreams and superstars promoting those dreams, who go ahead with the purchase hoping to be atleast a fraction of their idols on the screen. Sadly, thats one of the ways marketing works!
quickfox11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 16:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hero X TVC

I don't know if you have had a chance to watch the TVC for Hero x starring Virat Kohli but I find it extremely risible.

What are they trying to say - that the bike is only the quintessential idiots who drive without a care for anybody else or stupid things like rules? They have the model overtake a car on a curved parking ramp, splitting the the lane between two 18 wheelers and generally being the worst kind of idiot biker you can be.

Am I right in feeling this or am I just a cantankerous old man?

Mods - of this is not the right place for this, please move it appropriately.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2018 at 07:38. Reason: STRICTLY no abusive language on Team-BHP, not even indirectly (e.g. a******s)
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 16:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero X TVC

Saw this ad on the TV today. Very irresponsible advertising and once again proves the fact that actors or cricketers will say and do anything as long as they get paid handsomely.

This ad should be taken down.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd September 2018 at 18:10. Reason: Moved to existing thread
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks