Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 00:24   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa: 110 vs 125?

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
The twin brakes introduced on the later models seems to be a gimmick or just an additional feature to edge over the sales of other models from my way of thinking.
Can we get feedback from some experienced enthusiasts here if it is a plus point practically or not.
As for me, I am an old timer and am quite satisfied with the conventional regular independent brakes.
From my experience of riding a non-CBS (combined braking system) Activa and now, a CBS Activa, I do find the brakes to be more effective in the latter under normal conditions. But under emergency situations/high speeds, I grab both the brakes for a much faster de-acceleration. So IMO, the CBS does help a lot but similar condition can be recreated by an individual by manually and intelligently applying both brakes.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 09:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
From my experience of riding a non-CBS (combined braking system) Activa and now, a CBS Activa, I do find the brakes to be more effective in the latter under normal conditions. But under emergency situations/high speeds, I grab both the brakes for a much faster de-acceleration. So IMO, the CBS does help a lot but similar condition can be recreated by an individual by manually and intelligently applying both brakes.
Appreciate your feedback but like you said by default we are going to apply both the brakes any which ways inspite of the CBS doing its duty.
Old 27th July 2015, 10:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Appreciate your feedback but like you said by default we are going to apply both the brakes any which ways inspite of the CBS doing its duty.
This feature is very helpful for newbie riders who are not very good at using front brakes and end up locking it. IMO, CBS is a boon for them where-in they use the rear brake lever only (and the brakes kick in slowly and gradually reducing the chances of a wheel lock). My sister is one among them
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 13:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen,

While the comparison between the 110 and 125 has been limited only to the performance and ride quality, can some one provide a comparison of the Tyres too? What is the OEM tyre which comes with Activa 125. For Activa 110 it is MRF. At Least it was when I bought one, dont know now what tyres come with 110?
Old 21st August 2015, 14:39   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Gentlemen,

While the comparison between the 110 and 125 has been limited only to the performance and ride quality, can some one provide a comparison of the Tyres too? What is the OEM tyre which comes with Activa 125. For Activa 110 it is MRF. At Least it was when I bought one, dont know now what tyres come with 110?
The Tyre supplier can vary depending upon availability. For example the my dio came with Zappers while the one I purchased for my village came with TVS conta. Needless to say, I find that the Zappers are better in most aspects, except that the tread thickness is less compared to the TVS. Hence it's not possible to judge these two based on tyres offered.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 15:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
What is the OEM tyre which comes with Activa 125. For Activa 110 it is MRF. At Least it was when I bought one, dont know now what tyres come with 110?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
For example the my dio came with Zappers while the one I purchased for my village came with TVS conta. Needless to say, I find that the Zappers are better in most aspects
Ghodlur, I second what audioholic has said - my 3 months old Activa-125 shipped with MRF NylonGrip Zapper tyres. They do the job aptly in both wet & dry conditions. I replaced my previous Activa-110 Non-HET with this & my dad's Aviator too had shipped with identical tyres. So differentiating between these 2 vehicles based merely on the tyre's would be difficult. However, the tyre's in congruence with the suspension set-up on the 125 leads to slightly better ride quality, though the Aviator beats all of them hands-down.
tabrez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 00:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

125 has bigger front wheel ( like aviator ) compared to 110 & 125 comes with either MRF or TVS contra ( 350?) .

The advantage of 125 comes from bigger wheel , telescopic suspension , disk break. ( tubeless Tyre + maintenance free batteries are now common across activa which was missing earlier )
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 00:29   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

One main observation I made of the 125 engine is that the lower end performance has improved, compared to the 110cc scooters. Especially the Activa 110 needs some time to pick up initially, after which it accelerates well. This initial lag has been overcome and that's actually something I would love in my Dio too. As of now, its only fun as it picks up speed. A 125 in the dio will make a superb city and semi urban runabout coupled with better brakes.

But somehow I didn't like the fit and finish of the Activa 125 compared to its 110 counterpart. The plastics don't fit flush with metal parts and there are inconsistent gaps.
Old 17th February 2017, 22:47   #39
BHPian

Since the gearless scooters thread is closed, posting the question here. Wifey has a 2008 Activa which has a low odo reading (25xxx kms) but serviced regularly. Does duty perfectly for milk and school runs, or has been doing before the battery bug bit and bit badly. The stock battery, which was replaced by an AMCO one 4.5 years back ran w/o a hitch even though most morning starts were push button electric ones. When that finally gave up after 4 years last Sept, I got another AMCO from Haiku Honda at Indiranagar where we go for regular services. It was the so called maintenance free ones and became discharged in only 3 months! Invoked warranty but got the same battery back after 2 weeks after they did some R&D on it with identical results after 3 weeks, only this time I used it and not the wife and kick started at every opportunity.

Gave it back ti Haiku with clear instructions that I am not accepting the same piece back and also got them to check the alternator which they say is fine and was given an Amaron as back up, again a MF one. This one also gave up after about 3 weeks. The scooter runs about 30 kms a week, which has been the case pretty much throughout. Shall I try and get one of those 'non maintainence free' ones? The scooter runs fine and the experience of late has been marred only by the battery issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks