Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 18:33   #61
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Bobber Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
The bike is an absolute beauty man! Kudos on a job well done. This is the kind of thing RE should be looking at as well instead of just repainting existing models and selling them in different names.
thanks man, yes somebody suggested to me i should send an email to Siddharth Lal!! does anybody have his email??
Old 6th June 2015, 02:16   #62
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing modification KRCustoms! I dont see anything that looks out of place on your Bobber. Normally with such modifications - the end product loses its proportions on various elements - the shape, the wheels, the tank/fenders. Yours has managed to look very proportional.

Why are you looking for S.L's email addredd?? Just ride down to the RE Factory and park your bike at the enntrance. I am sure he will notice

Waiting for some detailed shots!
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 02:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Amazing modification KRCustoms! I dont see anything that looks out of place on your Bobber. Normally with such modifications - the end product loses its proportions on various elements - the shape, the wheels, the tank/fenders. Yours has managed to look very proportional.

Why are you looking for S.L's email addredd?? Just ride down to the RE Factory and park your bike at the enntrance. I am sure he will notice

Waiting for some detailed shots!
thanks V12 for the kind words! yes its a pretty much a ground up build. other then engine and frame everything else is custom. it took lot of effort and multiple attempts to get the look and proportions right. the front end with springer was the most difficult part.

haha yes thats a good idea maybe i will just drive up to the RE factory. Actually i was thinking about taking the bike up-to the brand store.

funny thing is so far every time i take the bike out i get chased down by atleast
one or two guys. most people think its some kind of harley.

my inspiration is Zero Engineering, check out there bikes. they even appear in the Iron Man movies!!

cheers
krish
krcustoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 13:28   #64
BHPian

Would be nice if you shared the costs involved and whether this is something you could duplicate / replicate for other paying customers?

A few questions: are the tyres imported? Of course the bike would be unmanageable in the rains, but how much muck / dirt gets thrown back at the rider in normal dry conditions?

Lastly, brilliant job, and you have a fab looking bike!!
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 18:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Would be nice if you shared the costs involved and whether this is something you could duplicate / replicate for other paying customers?

A few questions: are the tyres imported? Of course the bike would be unmanageable in the rains, but how much muck / dirt gets thrown back at the rider in normal dry conditions?

Lastly, brilliant job, and you have a fab looking bike!!
yes i can replicate it, It would take about 4 months. The total cost depends on if the donor bike is available or not. without a donor bile the cost would be around 5L with donor about 4L. Many of the components are imported. i will be happy to share the parts list also.

yes the tires are imported from Singapore. they are Avon MKII 5.00-16. The actual cost of each tire as it retails around the world is about INR 8K but in India people sell them for about 25k per tire.

you can PM me and i can provide more details.

yes , i am still pretty stoked at the bike i spend at least 2 hrs a day just looking at the bike!! okay maybe that's a bit of exaggeration but you know what i mean though.

cheers mate!
Old 10th June 2015, 19:30   #66
BHPian

Great classy work and very neatly done sir.

A humble request from the droolsters like me - saar kindly update a ride / walk around video and the sweet (fingers crossed) exhaust audio.

You have really scaled the Everest of bike modification and the efforts and dedication reflect on the bike.

Cheers !
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 18:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Great classy work and very neatly done sir.

A humble request from the droolsters like me - saar kindly update a ride / walk around video and the sweet (fingers crossed) exhaust audio.

You have really scaled the Everest of bike modification and the efforts and dedication reflect on the bike.

Cheers !
thanks mate for the kind words of appreciation. yes i am very eager myself to post some hi-rez pics and video. will do that soon.
Old 15th June 2015, 16:04   #68
BHPian

Wow I've been following you since the very first time this thread started, glad to see what a beauty this beast has turned out to be man! Amazing job!

I had asked earlier about the tires, but did you have to change the swingarm to gut the rear tire? Also will the front suspension need changes to accommodate the front fat Avon? I want a bobbed look but want to retain the Enfield headlight nacelle! Any info would be helpful! Cheers!
Old 19th June 2015, 16:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
Wow I've been following you since the very first time this thread started, glad to see what a beauty this beast has turned out to be man! Amazing job!

I had asked earlier about the tires, but did you have to change the swingarm to gut the rear tire? Also will the front suspension need changes to accommodate the front fat Avon? I want a bobbed look but want to retain the Enfield headlight nacelle! Any info would be helpful! Cheers!
thanks zee_bat, yes i had to modify the swing arm as the Avon's are pretty wide. The front was a custom springer so i was able to measure the width of the tire exactly and make them accordingly.
Old 19th June 2015, 19:06   #70
BHPian

Kr,

That's one insane motorcycle you've built. Incredibly well proportioned! Really love that front end, Samurai Motorcycles huh

How's it ride on those Avons?

I think Kimura would give you a thumbs up.

I'm actually collecting parts for a little project, phew its time consuming. Tryin to get 'em firestone champions to India somehow, hope it pans out.

You should get a Biltwell Bonanza/Bell with a chrome bubble shield, would look totally killer with your motorcycle.

Royal Enfield Bobber Project-0b09d616bbb6e459412799f3241beb39.jpg

Regards,

BOV
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 19:33   #71
BHPian

Hi BOV, its been a while i guess. yes samurai bike baby!!

Avon's ride well but as you would expect they are heavy. Most people find them heavy to start with. I got used to them by now and i must say i wouldn't change them. i love the quality of ride!! sure you can make'em light in the front by using thinner, lighter tires but what's the fun in that? i am not using it for daily commute. its more for fun driving around town and grabbing eye balls

okay, as far as biltwell bonzana, i beat you to it. already ordered them Matt Black with bubble shield. will post a pic.

let me know if you need any help on your project. i can pm my contact.

cheers
krish
Old 19th June 2015, 19:47   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Kr,

That's one insane motorcycle you've built. Incredibly well proportioned! Really love that front end, Samurai Motorcycles huh

How's it ride on those Avons?

I think Kimura would give you a thumbs up.

I'm actually collecting parts for a little project, phew its time consuming. Tryin to get 'em firestone champions to India somehow, hope it pans out.

You should get a Biltwell Bonanza/Bell with a chrome bubble shield, would look totally killer with your motorcycle.

Attachment 1383698

Regards,

BOV
I forgot to mention about the tires. yes firestones are awesome!! I would love to use them on a future build (looking to start a Cafe Racer!! check out Revival Cycles!! Drool!!). I got the Avon from Singapore. they are pretty reasonably priced around 8K INR but bringing it to India would the challenge. i had somebody bring it for me.
Old 19th June 2015, 20:33   #73
BHPian

Hahahaaha! Yeah they do look killer, I'll be gettin mine (helmet) the coming december.

Its available in India through vintage thumper motorcycles BUT at 27k, it ain't worth it for novelty helmets. I'd rather wait for my friend to bring it along.

Revival Cycles Hell yeah! Gotta love their Guzzi's.

I managed to get the Firestones (Deluxe Champions 17), Waiting until I can find a willing transporter (Friend). I'm lookin at a cafe racer dreams style build, like a cafe/bobber/brat. I thought I'd keep collecting parts until an theme cements itself into my head.

I think if we had the access to custom parts like they have in europe/us etc, our work would be so much easier.

Sure will pm you,thanks.

Regards,

BOV
Old 19th June 2015, 21:35   #74
BHPian

I bought my Biltwell Bonanza including bubble shield for about 125 USD from RetroBikeGear. Including USPS shipping it came to about 11K INR. no customs!!

Delivered to my doorsteps in 5 days. Will never buy any foreign brand being re-sold in India. Its atrociously priced, its easier to just order it on e-bay, pay a little on shipping and customs and you got the part.

27k for a biltwell helmet, that's a joke.

you can also look at Jet helmets. Originally from Japan but they also get manufactured in South Korea. the Japanese version is about 108 USD but the South Korean version is about 60 USD! they are nice, I am looking to get em next time.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:06   #75
BHPian

BOV, what are the specs for the Firestone's (Deluxe Champions 17)?

are they 5.00-16 ? Same size as my Avon Mk II. I also really like Cocker/Beck vintage tires. they have the broadest side-wall I have ever seen on a 16" tire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks