Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 04:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
First service cost Rs 1850 including 2 lts of synthetic oil. Service every 6000 kms expected 2K thereabouts.
How it is just 2000?

The people at Bittu Suzuki in Delhi told me that service cost is 4000 AI at every 5000 KM. I had another discussion with Ravi Automobile in Manesar ( satellite town of Gurgaon). I visited his so called Suzuki showroom which is what what MSIL 800 is to a car. Though I was wearing bathroom slippers, he was very eager. He confirmed the service cost. He said PMS charge itself is 1300.
It true, this whole thing is absurd. Hyundai PMS for Getz is 1190 I guess. For every 5000 KM, the service costs is like 4500 that includes wheel balancing, alignment, Injector cleaning etc which I guess are not required for bikes.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 11:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Congrats on your superb ride! Inazuma is indeed the only option for folks who like their bike smooth and sedate, but powerful at the same time.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 11:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A very valid question & one for which I too am curious to know the feedback from the owners.
The ZMR is cheaper than Zuma, comes with 20BHP now, is pillion & luggage friendly, long wheel base, refined engine & the suspension set up is good to soak the majority of bad roads at least. It can cruise easily in the 110-115kmph range as well. So what is the USP of the Zuma (apart from 4BHP more that it makes than the ZMR).
Of course the new ZMR looks hideous to say the least is a subjective opinion and I have seen quite a few new ZMR's on road already in B'lore.
hello, My 2 cents! The ZMR is nowhere close to the magical refinement offered by the zuma. the smoothness of the parallel twin has to be experienced to be believed.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 11:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If I had to tour two up, I think, I would have picked up a CBR-250R.
I know you said this in comparison with ZMR. Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring? I am searching for a couple tourer. New ZMR position is bit too bent for my liking, and it doesn't give power surges like CBR. Interested in hearing other views.
Old 28th October 2014, 14:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I know you said this in comparison with ZMR. Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring? I am searching for a couple tourer. New ZMR position is bit too bent for my liking, and it doesn't give power surges like CBR. Interested in hearing other views.
Sharing my 2 cents... Between CBR & Zuma, for comfortable 2 up touring with luggage, the Zuma definitely due to the long, wide, ample, single seat which is supposed to be very comfortable as per the reviews here & that wonderful suspension which soaks up the bumps very well. I guess once run-in of the engine is done, it should be able to cruise in the 120 kmph range without any vibes creeping in (taking a guess regarding this point). If it can, then Zuma would be a good 2 up tourer. CBR has a slightly more lean forward seating than ZMR so you might not like it too.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 00:46   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the Zuma, Olympal!

Being a fellow Zuma rider, I can vouch for all the positives, you've mentioned. Mine has barely done 500 km. Am waiting to unleash the potential, after running it in.

I'm surprised that the vibes around 5500 rpm is across bikes. I'm a bit concerned, when you say it persists after 1st service.

I'd like to get a similar crash guard done. Can you please post a close-up of it (not ready to shell out 18 grand for the OEM part, at the moment)?

Wishing you many miles & happy smiles.
Old 29th October 2014, 08:44   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring?
Inazuma will be more comfortable. No two ways about it. Points to consider is, how do you like to tour, fast for a small distance or for 10 days from 6am to 6pm. For the former, I will pick the CBR-250R, for the latter, the Inazuma.

And yes, please, do not ride at the speeds which you normally do while riding solo. The dynamics completely change, so please factor in that

On any bike, I will stick to ~100kmph on wide, free roads, two up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Sharing my 2 cents... Between CBR & Zuma, for comfortable 2 up touring with luggage, the Zuma definitely due to the long, wide, ample, single seat which is supposed to be very comfortable as per the reviews here & that wonderful suspension which soaks up the bumps very well. I guess once run-in of the engine is done, it should be able to cruise in the 120 kmph range without any vibes creeping in (taking a guess regarding this point).
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 23:41   #38
BHPian

Congrats and wish you miles and miles of satisfying riding!

I was very surprised when the reviews of the Inazuma praised it, I was expecting it to be badly panned and shredded. I haven't ridden it myself, as the showrooms in town don't seem to have one even for display ; but the amount of praise given for the ride quality and lack of vibration , the Zuma does have a trick or two up its sleeves.

I still think though, for the price, 24hp and 135km/h is low VFM ; but I or anyone considering a 250 should ride the Zuma , CBR250R and KTM for more than a few dozen km before deciding, sometimes the underdog impresses the most.

One question - how good/bad is the headlight ?
Old 30th October 2014, 00:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I still think though, for the price, 24hp and 135km/h is low VFM ; but I or anyone considering a 250 should ride the Zuma , CBR250R and KTM for more than a few dozen km before deciding, sometimes the underdog impresses the most.

One question - how good/bad is the headlight ?
Sometimes, a TR clears the air! That said, my first choice in a 250, was the CBR & the non-availability dampened my spirits. Then a TR on the Zuma, I was happy that I didn't go for the CBR & that things finally worked out for the good.

I find the headlight beam spread to be good & par for the course.
Old 1st November 2014, 21:55   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
Sometimes, a TR clears the air! That said, my first choice in a 250, was the CBR & the non-availability dampened my spirits. Then a TR on the Zuma, I was happy that I didn't go for the CBR & that things finally worked out for the good.

I find the headlight beam spread to be good & par for the course.
Since you have TR both, can you please give a short comparison on the ride comfort and position.
Old 1st November 2014, 23:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Since you have TR both, can you please give a short comparison on the ride comfort and position.
Well, the CBR is a comfortable bike, no doubt, provided you favor a slightly leant forward position (it's a relative term, as I have long arms & don't have to crouch as much as shorter folks).

The riding position is slightly more relaxed in the Zuma & is not totally upright as in a regular commuter, which, in my books is preferable for long rides, as it doesn't cause discomfort. What favors the Zuma is that silky smooth engine, ride quality & stability.

I've not ridden mine extensively now. But, I'm happy with my decision as for city commutes, this has a relaxed rider triangle & appropriate gearing.

If you tour extensively, you'd probably benefit from the wind protection of the CBR & lesser upkeep costs.
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
Congrats on the Zuma, Olympal!

Being a fellow Zuma rider, I can vouch for all the positives, you've mentioned. Mine has barely done 500 km. Am waiting to unleash the potential, after running it in.

I'm surprised that the vibes around 5500 rpm is across bikes. I'm a bit concerned, when you say it persists after 1st service.

I'd like to get a similar crash guard done. Can you please post a close-up of it (not ready to shell out 18 grand for the OEM part, at the moment)?

Wishing you many miles & happy smiles.
Wish you many happy years of Inazooming!

Regarding the crash bar fitment, you need to find a good lathe workshop to modify the bullet bar by welding an extension to the bar mount. To keep the bar a little away from the exhaust pipes and the radiator. The clamp at the back should be heated and molded to fit the shape of the Inazuma's frame. Get extra long bolts to cover the extended distance. After fitment, rest the bike on the bar either side to see if the bar holds firmly. Hope this helps. See the attached pix.
The bike is getting smoother by the day and the rough patch at 5500 RPM a slight irritant, not a problem. I did a 150 kms ride last weekend holding 100 plus speeds. Butter smooth ride with wonderful control and all the way. The brakes are progressive. I apply the front brake first followed by the rear brake to bring the bike to a stop very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report-img_0055.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2014, 10:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
Wish you many happy years of Inazooming!

Regarding the crash bar fitment, you need to find a good lathe workshop to modify the bullet bar by welding an extension to the bar mount. To keep the bar a little away from the exhaust pipes and the radiator. The clamp at the back should be heated and molded to fit the shape of the Inazuma's frame. Get extra long bolts to cover the extended distance. After fitment, rest the bike on the bar either side to see if the bar holds firmly. Hope this helps. See the attached pix.
The bike is getting smoother by the day and the rough patch at 5500 RPM a slight irritant, not a problem. I did a 150 kms ride last weekend holding 100 plus speeds. Butter smooth ride with wonderful control and all the way. The brakes are progressive. I apply the front brake first followed by the rear brake to bring the bike to a stop very quickly.
Thanks a bunch, mate. Will get one done soon.

Yes, the brakes are good, but lack initial bite. They are progressive though & do a good job of hauling the big bike down.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:26   #44
BHPian

Was planning to book a test ride and opened the Suzuki India website only to find Inazuma absent from the website. Looks like they have stopped sales in India? Anyone knows better?
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 21:57   #45
BHPian

That's wierd. Saw the bike on the website through my laptop last week.

Here's the link to it anyway: http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/inazuma.aspx

Another thing was that when I searched for the Inazuma on the mobile site it didnt show up but was there on the full site. Could be some glitch in web maintenance for all that matters! Hopefully?!
Philistine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks