Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 12:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!

Wickedride has reduced the pricing and also has introduced day-wise packages.
I had rented their Thunderbird 500 on two Sundays. Except for the insurance part everything has been great.
I hope they sort out the insurance soon.
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 22:53   #17
BHPian

Wonder why this thread does not get the attention that the Zoom car thread gets. Admittedly they are not as professionally managed. However there is news to cheer. Yesterday I went over to their new office ( The address has been updated in their 'Contact Us' page now ). Though I did not get any booking for the weekend they said that they are going the Zoom Car way ie black/yellow number plates from August onwards. This means insurance hassles are taken care of.

Also they are adding 3 more irons and 2 streets to their fleet this week. Should be ready after registration by end of next week.

Yet to get a ride but the rush hour should come down with this addition and hopefully the costs too ! Still steep pricing at 3K + fuel for a day of riding. ( This is the minimum for the super Low unless you rent it out for 30 days !!)

I find that 30 day logic strange. You end up paying nearly a 100K. Foreigners ?
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:24   #18
BHPian

I got this email from wicked ride. Happy riding !

=========
This is Vivekananda Hallekere, co-founder of Wicked Ride.

I am extremely happy to inform you that Wicked Ride motorcycles now comes with Insurance coverage and zero deposit.

You may have had apprehensions to our earlier policy of taking a blank cheque leaf as security. Now, we have done away with this practice and also, there is no security deposit involved in renting our motorcycles.

All you now need is a valid driving license and an address proof. We have also increased our fleet significantly and will continue to do the same.

I thank you for your continued support and I welcome you to have your next wicked ride.

Thanks,
Vivek
===========
mail2sekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Rs. 30000 a day for a Night Rod!

Add 10k more and I can hire a S-Class/7 Series/XJ for 12 hours.
Add 20k more and I can book a helicopter for an hour.

And then, we expected them to price their products like Zoom Cars!

P.S - An Indian Scout with them costs 14k a day. A HD 48 with their rival firm costs 8k a day. Unreal.

Last edited by barcalad : 23rd August 2015 at 16:57.
Old 13th October 2015, 22:06   #20
BHPian

I have booked a HD Street 750 for a day this weekend. I am living far away from any of their outlets, so called up couple of days back and asked for a drop-off/pick-up to my house. First response was it would cost me Rs.1300 each way! Disheartened, I cancelled the booking in progress.
Got a call from them today, apologizing for the confusion and they are charging Rs.350 in total now. Apparently, that is the charge for one-way (drop or pick) and the other way is free for this booking! The current tariff for this HD is Rs.3800/day.
Have to wait and watch how it goes come weekend.
Old 5th November 2015, 19:08   #21
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Wicked Ride today

A month back I'd booked Round Trip Air-Tickets from Cleartrip for my family and Cleartrip gave me 3 vouchers of Rs 500 each applicable under "Activity" section of Cleartrip App.
I was casually browsing through and saw "Luxury Bike Rentals" and that got my complete attention.
I ended up doing 3 bookings:
1. 05-Nov: Harley Davidson Iron 883:
2 hours slot 1PM to 3PM. Paid INR382 after applying INR500 voucher.

2. 10-Dec: Triumph Bonneville:

3. 15-Dec: Harley Davidson Street 750:
2 hours slot 1PM to 3PM. Paid INR88 after applying INR500 voucher.

Today I took an Uber Cab from my office to Wicked Ride's office- Jayanagar 4th Block. I reached there good 1 hour late- and then I was told that they have another office in Jayanagar 5th Block and they give bikes only there. Fortunately- one of their employees offered to drop me on his scooter.

I saw a brand new black Mahindra Mojo at their office. Must Admit- It looked really good in flesh! I checked with them when do they start rentals for Mojo - and I was told that they want to do Run-In the engine, do 1st servicing and then start rentals.
Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!-img_20151105_134927396.jpg

Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!-img_20151105_134933896.jpg

Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!-img_20151105_134914537.jpg

Once we reached Wicked Ride new office(Next to Var Mahalakshmi on Marenhalli Road)- I was taken to the basemen where they had atleast 30 odd bikes- lots of HDs, REs, 1 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 1 Triumph Tiger, 1 Benelli 600. Lots of REs have very few Kms on odo.

They are in absolute startup mode- it took me good 15-20 mins for them to do all their documentation. There was another customer who rode out just before me on Kawasaki Ninja 650.

They issue you (1)a plastic pouch which has all documents of the bike and (2)Helmet (if you need)
Finally I was out on the road with the Harley- My first ever ride on Harley!
Although my booking was 1pm-3pm, knowing that I was late- they offered me that I can bring back the bike by 3.30pm- which was a nice gesture.

They want all bikes to be brought back with full-tank - as they issue bikes with full tank.

I took the bike around JP Nagar and Jayangar area: started by 2.15 and came back by 3.15.

The bike issued to me was having issues- the tell-tale lamps hardly worked, the neutral was EXTREMELY difficult to find, the rear brake was for name sakes- I managed only with front brake! I'll reserve my comments about the seat- my pants were sweaty in this ride!

The low ground clearance- meant it scraped speed breakers thrice!
The bike does get hot and does get lots of attention!

I loved the power of the engine- it pulls and pulls and pulls - hardly could ride for more than 500 mtrs in 3rd gear and never went in higher gears! This bike belongs on highways.

After I came back to Wicked-Ride Office - they first checked petrol level - and then inspected full body for any potential dent/scratch etc and finally took it for a spin to check if anything is missing.
Only then they allowed me to go.

I will share my experiences from other 2 rides when I do them.
Overall- liked the entire experience - and guys over there are lovely and take good care of you!
Please post any question if you have.
My battery had died out so couldnt put pics - but will do them next time.
daretodream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Nice to hear tharian . That's a nice gift you gave yourself.

No such options in Chennai yet. I would have done this had it been available in Chennai
There is a place called "Rent-A-Bike" in Neelangarai, ECR, Chennai. The last time i checked, the had a harley (not sure about the model), a RE Classic Desert Storm, and a RE Continental GT in their stocks. I found the rates to be affordable. You can check the place out when you get the chance.
ReluctantRebel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 16:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
I will share my experiences from other 2 rides when I do them.
Overall- liked the entire experience - and guys over there are lovely and take good care of you!
Please post any question if you have.
My battery had died out so couldnt put pics - but will do them next time.
Thanks for the feedback, my name is Nitin & I work for wickedride. I would appreciate if you could post the pics of your ride and let me know if you would wish to go with daily rentals, most of our customers prefer the 24 Hour rental than the hourly, as you rightly pointed out the motorcycle tends to get heated up during the city ride, its better to take them to the highways

We would wish to see you soon on the Mojo ! Have a good & safe ride!

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:01. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 12th November 2015, 18:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
I ended up doing 3 bookings:
1. 05-Nov: Harley Davidson Iron 883:

2. 10-Dec: Triumph Bonneville:

3. 15-Dec: Harley Davidson Street 750:
2 hours slot 1PM to 3PM. Paid INR88 after applying INR500 voucher.
How did you rent for 2 hours? Their website says they rent only on a daily basis for now.
Old 13th November 2015, 14:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
How did you rent for 2 hours? Their website says they rent only on a daily basis for now.
You can get it here: http://goo.gl/RR565L
or you can send me a msg, I can help you with that
crn12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wicked Ride has announced the launch of its brand ‘Apna Ride’ for utility bike rentals, targeted primarily at low cost two-wheeler users. This service will initially be available at Bengaluru, Mysore and Jaipur and bookings can be done through the website.

While Wicked Ride will focus on motorcycles from premium brands like Harley-Davidson, Triumph, Ducati and Royal Enfield, ‘Apna Ride’ will focus on low displacement motorcycles, electric bikes and scooters.

Last edited by Tushar : 29th December 2015 at 15:26.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wicked Ride to set up bike kiosks at Metro stations for last mile connectivity.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ur-choice.html

It is a good initiative, but wonder if it will actually take off.
Old 28th April 2016, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Wicked Ride to set up bike kiosks at Metro stations for last mile connectivity.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ur-choice.html

It is a good initiative, but wonder if it will actually take off.
Actually, it is a fantastic idea. For someone commuting on the Metro, and their destination being anywhere up to 3-4km from the station, would surely prefer using a 2-wheeler as it would be the fastest mode of transport.

I wonder if they will offer this facility in city-centre locations (like MG Road, Majestic, etc) where finding the real estate close to Metro station will be problematic? Also, I am quite sure they will only offer commuter bikes in 110-125cc category, and the usual Access/Activa/Jupiter type scooters.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:02   #29
BHPian

Had the worst experience of my life with WickedRide, Indira nagar, Bangalore.

Had booked an Himalayan for 3 days. Since this was the first time booking experience with Wickedride, I was not aware of their policies which they have mentioned in their terms & conditions. I regularly rent bikes from other bike vendors and they are pretty much transparent on the rules.

Yes It was my mistake that I did not open their Terms & Conditions and read each and every line. Now who does it? Have you ever read the complete terms & conditions while booking a railway ticket?

Its like you enter a road and there's a traffic police guy waiting 2 kms ahead and stops you for entering one way road. There's a sign of No entry/One way at the beginning of the road and the traffic police expects you to open their website and read the rules before I enter the road!!!

I should have at least be informed verbally about the important rules which involves money/penalty by the person who gave the bike to me Or they should have displayed it on the board in their office Or they should have at least mention it in the booking confirmation email which lists the bike details, distance limit & date and cost of the trip.

+ There's distance limit per day. If u exceed there's a penalty of Rs 5/KM + Tax
+ There's a huge penalty if there's a delay in returning bike.
+ There a penalty of Rs 300/instance every time you cross. Which means everytime you cross 100 KM/hr they charge u Rs 300. Even if u touch 101 KM/Hr

I understand keeping speed limit is for our safety but that's fine within the city. When you are on the highway you have to match the speed of other vehicles else its dangerous. More than that I was constantly looking at the speedometer rather than the road to ensure I don't cross 100.

We started our ride at 6 AM and I got a call at 11 AM stating that I was exceeding the speed limit. Since then till the time of delivery I never crossed the speed limit but ppl at Wickedride (Ajay) were not in a mood to listen. They were asking me to pay Rs 40,000/- since I unknowingly crossed 100 (I was riding between 100-110) 80 times between 6 AM to 11 AM.

Now why did they wait for me to the speed limit 80 times? They could have called me at the first instance itself. At 6 AM I was in the city and my phone was reachable but I guess they just want to make money so waited for such long.

Again its not the money. Its about being transparent and once I came to know about their speed rule I did not cross it but ppl at WickedRide did not budge.

After riding for 10 hours when I reached their office to return bike, they refused to let me go out of their office unless I pay the penalty of Rs 40,000/-.

They made me wait for over in hour in their office, made me talk to different ppl and explain my situation to each and every person I spoke with but they did not let me go.

Finally after a long discussion they agreed to reduce the penalty and did not waive it off even though this was my first mistake or experience with WickedRide.

There are plenty of bike rental vendors in Bangalore who have very friendly policies and are good to deal with.
1000bhp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 11:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Had the worst experience of my life with WickedRide, Indira nagar, Bangalore.

Had booked an Himalayan for 3 days. Since this was the first time booking experience with Wickedride, I was not aware of their policies which they have mentioned in their terms & conditions. I regularly rent bikes from other bike vendors and they are pretty much transparent on the rules.
Ouch! That is one horrible experience.

One of the problems with a lot of folks (us, young Indian entrepreneurs) trying out such ventures is the lack of understanding and compassion to run a successful venture. I'd be very keen to see how Wickedride, a good and fairly new concept, run by seemingly smart, but rookie entrepreneurs pans out compared to say REVV, a fairly run of the mill concept, but run by ex-McKinsey folks.

On another note - you said that you frequently rent bikes - I though there aren't too many luxury bike rental companies around, are there?

Disclaimer: I have no vested or commercial interest in either REVV or Wickedride.

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:02. Reason: Please do not quote a whole large post for a reply. It looks messy and unreadable most of times

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks