Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 12:31   #586
BHPian

Re: 3 day ride to Yercaud : Day 3 report

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
At the end of all this, the home minister said that it is time to sell the GT 535 and buy one of the 650 twins. Is it food for thought or sacrilege instead?

I tend to agree, also the home minister is always right!

As an Int 650 owner and an Ex-Tb350 owner, I can surely say that you would love the vibe free, smooth and liner acceleration of the twins.
Also, it has no issues in keeping up with the biggies on our highways.
Go for it!
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 12:55   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the end of all this, the home minister said that it is time to sell the GT 535 and buy one of the 650 twins. Is it food for thought or sacrilege instead?
As always the wife is always right - time to sell the GT. And time to look towards some italian beauties
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 17:13   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Me and CGT haven't spent much miles together and I wouldn't want to have that thought at the back of my head that it's not on right set of tires while I'm riding it. You on the other hand have a very close bond with your ride and given your experience you would be able to ride it in any given condition and spec.
I am very skeptical about mine honestly, so I would wait and get a proper front tyre earliest possible.

Less than 10k KMs for sure. ODO is stuck at 4.5K KMs and this is from the stock set, so that's an educated guess.
I fully understand, initially even I had some concerns about the less than perfect tire combination on my bike. Do keep us updated on your tire purchase and experiences

Quote:
I should have prefaced this by mentioning my chassis-gate issue that had the bike grounded in the service centre for quite a few days as well. Since I do not need my motorcycle on a daily basis, I suppose that I am rather forgiving when it comes to some of it's recent shortcomings and extended stays at the service center.

Nonetheless, I believe it is always good to get a second opinion from members on this forum, which could often lead to unraveling entirely different perspectives altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I had this issue with my TBTS. Rear brake light harness which goes under the mudguard was found to be faulty. I diagnosed this since the bike would die while pressing the rear brake pedal. Must be a minor issue which can be sorted out. No need to buy a new bike unless you’ve run out of excuses.
Thanks Tgo, this rear brake light harness as a potential issue was something that was pointed out to me by a fellow GT 535 owner. Fortunately, it turned out that it was not the case in my bike and it was some wiring issue at the front (maybe the headlight?) on my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Your love for motorcycles and riding beats your material obsession over CGT535
If you feel like it's time to upgrade but still love the old school cafe racer charm, you must get yourself the much improved CGT650 that's no brainer. And with the success of CGT650 the 535 is now back in demand as well in the used market. If there ever was a right time to sell the CGT535, this is it. But, if you are selling it only because it betrayed you once in all these years that too an electrical fault, you should reconsider because it's RE in the end and that there would never be a no hassle free, no niggles owning experience.
wrongturn, when I purchased the Continental GT 535, I was honestly expecting frequent trips to the Royal Enfield service centers, the bike breaking down every 6 months, me learning to dismantle and put together the motorcycle in my garage and so on. Such was the popular perception of motorcycle ownership when it came to Royal Enfield's bikes. People often ask me why I didnt just buy the KTM Duke 390 instead which cost almost exactly the same amount as the Continental GT 535, back in 2014.

Last week, I was talking to a couple of bikers from Cochin about their KTMs (one had a first gen 200 and the other had a first gen 390) and both their bikes had so many issues that the two of them used to end up frequently meeting in the KTM service center nearly every Saturday morning. And that's how they became good friends, true story! The biker with the Duke 200 encountered so many problems (that bike probably was a lemon, to be honest) that KTM finally gave up, took back the entire engine and gave him a new one. In comparison, my ownership of the Continental GT 535 has been a very pleasant one with limited visits to the service centers in the last 5 years. And I hope it stays that way.

The GT 650 is undoubtedly a lovely machine. I have a few friends who are in two minds about it and Im trying to get them to take the plunge and buy the bike. The fully chromed GT 650 does make me go weak in the knees while my heart skips a beat when I see a silver Interceptor 650. Even the black Interceptor is understated elegance at it's best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Something to act up on immediately
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
As always the wife is always right - time to sell the GT. And time to look towards some italian beauties
Now how did I know that both you fine gentlemen would definitely attempt to push me towards a new purchase? With friends like this .......

As always, this thread needs more pictures of the lovely Continental GT 535.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190910_174544_hdr-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 17:31   #589
BHPian

Quote:
You might want to claim this offer ASAP if you ever contemplated picking up the twins.

Quote:

As always, this thread needs more pictures of the lovely Continental GT 535.
GT looks gorgeous in such a beautiful backdrop. Such pictures are urging me to take up a cross country ride on my GT back home sometime. May be, I'd let my better half board the flight with all our luggage and I ride. Who knows.

Ride safe,
R-Six

Last edited by R-Six : 7th October 2019 at 17:39. Reason: Added another response.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 23:24   #590
BANNED

re: Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)

"Oh Captain, my Captain"

Until I met Neil in person I was not particularly a fan of his GT, though there'd always be a special place for the 535 motor courtesy the old Royal Enfield Lightning, I was skeptical about this one due to its low mileage as my GarageQueen is from the same year as Captain but has clocked about twice the mileage which is funny due to obvious cue being her given name.

But when I met Neil during the interstate biker event my whole perception of the dynamic between him and his GT changed, where I'd expected to see some kinda overcompensation taking place as seen being the usual case with shiny low mileage bikes and their breakfast riders. But what I saw was him truly basking in all the glory that the GT had to offer, be it the vibey speedo at idle or the tantrum thrown nearing the end of the ride, he was truly enjoying it without a care in the world.

Not to mention, That SWAGGER!

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-img20190929wa0053.jpg

Which is what the spirit of motorcycling is all about and that is exactly what has won my respect(Not that it matters by any bounds).

So when I see talks coming up about finding a replacement for Captain, I find humor in understanding that the Yellow 535 GT has evolved from being a mere motorcycle to an outlet of passion for its rider, something more than an object of utility hence quashing all logic when it comes to practicality or feasibility.

And with that I end my random collation of mildly judgmental thoughts, wishing Neil and his Captain many more adventurous and exciting miles to come.

Ride Safe,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 7th October 2019 at 23:29.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 16:06   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
GT looks gorgeous in such a beautiful backdrop. Such pictures are urging me to take up a cross country ride on my GT back home sometime. May be, I'd let my better half board the flight with all our luggage and I ride. Who knows.
Well, if you are in this part of the country, do let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Until I met Neil in person I was not particularly a fan of his GT, though there'd always be a special place for the 535 motor courtesy the old Royal Enfield Lightning, I was skeptical about this one due to its low mileage as my GarageQueen is from the same year as Captain but has clocked about twice the mileage which is funny due to obvious cue being her given name.
Talk about coming in hot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
But when I met Neil during the interstate biker event my whole perception of the dynamic between him and his GT changed, where I'd expected to see some kinda overcompensation taking place as seen being the usual case with shiny low mileage bikes and their breakfast riders. But what I saw was him truly basking in all the glory that the GT had to offer, be it the vibey speedo at idle or the tantrum thrown nearing the end of the ride, he was truly enjoying it without a care in the world.

Not to mention, That SWAGGER!

Attachment 1921156

Which is what the spirit of motorcycling is all about and that is exactly what has won my respect(Not that it matters by any bounds).

So when I see talks coming up about finding a replacement for Captain, I find humor in understanding that the Yellow 535 GT has evolved from being a mere motorcycle to an outlet of passion for its rider, something more than an object of utility hence quashing all logic when it comes to practicality or feasibility.

And with that I end my random collation of mildly judgmental thoughts, wishing Neil and his Captain many more adventurous and exciting miles to come.

Ride Safe,
A.P.
I think you have nailed it. For me, in many ways, the motorcycle is a means to an end. What really matters are the adventures you experience, both planned and better yet, unplanned, and the motorcyclists that you share it with. Like the time my Continental GT 535 got stuck in some soft river sand and a fellow TBHPian ended up getting the slush all over his riding gear while trying to help me extricate the bike. And the time I was riding with two enthusiasts on Duke 390s at a fair clip when an old man decided to walk across the highway without even looking one way or the other. It's about the conversations over watery tea and oily samosas in the little shop that you unexpectedly find while on a long ride. The perspectives on life exchanged under the shade of an old tree in the middle of nowhere. And the laughs shared when waiting for a mini van to take your bike to the service center at the near end of a day long ride.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190929_171448.jpeg

Motorcycling is meant to be fun, there isnt really any point in taking it seriously.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:36   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Post incident service center experience update

Last Monday, I had to call up my service advisor at the Royal Enfield company service center (SVC) in Edapally, around lunch time since he had quite surprisingly, not given me a call in the morning regarding my bike which had been left there the previous day. He mentioned that they had a big backlog of vehicles given to them prior to the upcoming October 2nd (Wednesday) public holiday and that he would give me a call once it was taken in. Fair enough. On Thursday, I called him up expecting that the bike would be ready and was told that they were just going to take it in for inspection that day which was not good news at all. Finally on Friday when I called again, he said that the mechanics had identified the issue and fixed it and that he needed to test ride it for some time to ensure that everything was all OK. By evening, he updated me that the bike was ready to be picked up and I did so on Saturday.

The wiring problem was narrowed down to some issue in the front that the mechanics had fixed. In the end, it turned out that 2 of the fuses were blowing up and not just one. Both were replaced and I asked for a couple of spare fuses as well to keep handy. The side stand spring was replaced and I mentioned that this was the second time that it was failing in quick succession. The right side rider footrest was also replaced, as was the tail light bulb. The total bill came to Rs 551. I will post the breakup shortly.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20191005_154937_hdr-large.jpg
Safely stored for future emergencies

I decided to take the road side assistance (RSA) which amounted to Rs 850 for a period of 12 months. It certainly is cheaper than what I paid for transporting the motorcycle on the mini van last Sunday. The RSA can be availed for any issue including punctures, running out of fuel (they will bring 5 litres of fuel and you pay for the fuel) etc. Since their IT system was down, the RSA registration was not working and so I paid for it with cash and they will email the receipt and acceptance on their next working day which is the 9th of October. Having the RSA certainly does give me quite a measure of peace of mind but it is something that I hope to not have to call on at all.

Back to the bike, as I was checking things when I took delivery, I noticed that the windscreen was not properly aligned at all. In fact it was placed at a slightly comical angle and it had to be wheeled back in to get it adjusted back to normal. As I then rode out of the SVC, I noticed that the clutch had absolutely no play. From all the way in to say 80% released, there was zero play and then suddenly it all came in the last 20% which made it very difficult to ride in the city. I forgot to mention in my last post that I had asked them to check the clutch cable setting after my offroad adventures made me suspect something might have been slightly off.

So I brought the bike back to the SVC and then realized that the kicker was interfering with the new right side footpeg. I brought this to the attention of the service advisor as well who once again wheeled the bike back in to check both the clutch cable and the footpeg / kicker issue. The clutch cable was adjusted to my satisfaction and it turned out that there was a slight play in the kicker (I suspect this was there earlier as well) and rather interestingly, the kicker had a slight bend in it as well. This would have happened with the topple that I mentioned in my earlier post and I would not have noticed it. The part wasn't in stock but they have placed an order for it in their procurement system.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20191005_163750_hdr.jpg
Running interference

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20191005_163831_hdr.jpg
Definitely visible bend here

Finally after all this back and forth, the bike was ready to ride and quite honestly, it felt good to be back in the saddle once again. I took the long way home and enjoyed every minute of the ride.

Overall I would summarize the service experience with the company service centre, Edapally as follows
(+) Not charged for labour involved in identifying and fixing the wiring issue
(+) Most parts were readily available even though the bike is discontinued
(-) 3 to 4 working days to start the work on a bike is very unusual and I had to chase the service advisor for updates. I have another motorcycle at my disposal and so I wasnt inconvenienced by not having the bike back within a day or two but that doesnt excuse the slowness in turning this around, and that too from a company service centre. I wonder what the internal SLA is for starting work on a bike that has been brought in like mine was. Whatever the number, Im sure it wasnt 3 - 4 working days.
(-) Attention to detail that was there earlier was missing this time. The funny positioning of the windscreen, the lack of clutch play and the interference between the kick starter and the footpeg were very evident issues but not identified correctly before handing over the bike to me. Definitely half a step down from the usually good experiences with the company service centers across Bangalore and Cochin.

Overall, I would give the service experience a solid thumbs in the middle only but that said, I would still take my bike for it's annual service to them when Royal Enfield runs it's annual GT 535 service camp with discounted parts and labour.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:40   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Well, if you are in this part of the country, do let me know!
Sure. I was there last month for Onam. A short but an eventful one. Will certainly PM you next time around.

And ever since I have started following this thread, I think this is the first time your picture was posted without wearing the helmet Thanks to Ashwin!

Ride Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 11:57   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Post incident service center experience update

Quote:
I decided to take the road side assistance (RSA) which amounted to Rs 850 for a period of 12 months. It certainly is cheaper than what I paid for transporting the motorcycle on the mini van last Sunday. The RSA can be availed for any issue including punctures, running out of fuel (they will bring 5 litres of fuel and you pay for the fuel) etc. Since their IT system was down, the RSA registration was not working and so I paid for it with cash and they will email the receipt and acceptance on their next working day which is the 9th of October. Having the RSA certainly does give me quite a measure of peace of mind but it is something that I hope to not have to call on at all.
I called the service advisor today since I had not received the email confirmation regarding the Road Side Assistance program and was told that the RSA cannot be offered for Royal Enfield motorcycles that are older than 5 years. Why, Royal Enfield, why? Now I can either go back and collect my money or ask for them to transfer it to me. Physically picking it up will be a much faster option for sure.

The service center people also called to ask about the service rating and whether there were any complaints from my side. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the long delay in starting the work and they have updated it in their system. Hopefully this improves their processes and doesnt get swept under the carpet by their service department.
Old 13th October 2019, 23:42   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Disappointing conclusion to the service center experience

Quote:
The service center people also called to ask about the service rating and whether there were any complaints from my side. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the long delay in starting the work and they have updated it in their system. Hopefully this improves their processes and doesnt get swept under the carpet by their service department.
I received a call from my service advisor yesterday and I thought it was going to be regarding the pending amount of Rs 850 that I was yet to collect from the showroom due to a paucity of time. However, the service advisor had actually called me because I had complained about the delay in getting the bike up and running. I was pleasantly surprised as it showed that Royal Enfield has proper systems and processes setup to address customer concerns and complaints with regard to service.

Unfortunately though, the service advisor had nothing to say about the unreasonable delay. No justification. No apology. Nothing. In fact he didnt have anything to say really. So I asked him why he had actually called me and I was told sometimes service advisors dont call customers when they complain so to avoid that, he was calling me. I figured that it was just a tick mark to put in their IT system to appease the higher ups in the service department. Despite the best efforts of the company to set in place processes to improve customer satisfaction, it looks as though their staff have figured out ways to game the system and pull a fast one on everyone, including the customer.

So, not only did the service quality dip noticeably (basic issues with were not identified before I took delivery of the bike), the extremely long time delays made things worse and this facile attitude towards the complaint only exacerbated the entire experience.

I am starting to slowly understand why Royal Enfield motorcycle owners usually avoid the official service centers and give their bikes to knowledgeable friendly neighbourhood garages instead.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190910_175236_hdr.jpg

Anyways, here's a picture of the Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 because well, disappointing service experiences or not, this thread can never have enough pictures.
Old 14th October 2019, 14:57   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Tinkering around with the GT 535

The past few weeks have called from some simple tinkering with the motorcycle to get things set up perfectly. First things first, the mobile phone holder was set up in such a way that it inadvertently interfered with the choke switch. Since the bike isnt used every day, I usually need to use the choke to start the bike.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190919_171041_hdr-large.jpg
Setup at the store, choke cannot be properly deployed

I tried adjusting the position of it at first but then the angle of the holder was all wonky and so I realized that I was better off just putting it at the base of the mirror instead.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190919_174330_hdr-large.jpg
Much better now!

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190919_164131_hdr.jpg
So much easier to see

Of course things would have been much faster and easier if I didnt have to contend with those merciless mosquitoes that dont allow you to do such work in peace. With the whole fuse blowing incident, I had disconnected the holder's wiring to the battery and since the issue was subsequently proved to be unrelated to this mobile holder, I have now connected it back. I had got the holder installed prior to the Yercaud trip and I still havent had to use it since I know Yercaud quite well and the rest of my riding has been around the sprawling metropolis of Cochin.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20190919_173617_hdr.jpg
The tank looks so much better without that awful black mark but the dimple is still visible

Now while we were riding back from Yercaud, the rider behind me mentioned that there was some sound that he was hearing from my bike that he thought was unusual. Since I was wearing ear plugs, I couldnt hear anything out of the ordinary while riding and he mentioned that it was quite noticeable to anyone riding behind me. At one of our breaks, we poked around the bike and everything looked normal to me but he suggested that it could be coming from the rear number plate that was screwed onto the base plate that comes as OEM from Royal Enfield.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20191013_162504_hdr-large.jpg
No issues up front

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-20191013_162532_hdr.jpg
Potential source of the sound

So I took some 3M double sided tape and used it to ensure that there were no gaps between the sides and bottom of the number plate and the base plate. That should resolve that little sound that I honestly cannot hear, even if the bike is revved up while it is on the center stand.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-whatsapp-image-20190930-10.14.25.jpeg
Yellow yellow dirty fellow

Speaking of the center stand, here is a parting shot of the Continental GT 535 with the Cramster tank bag and the yellow rain cover while returning from Yercaud. You can see the side stand being held up with the 3M ear plug. The Cramster tank bag is almost 9 years old and was something I had bought when I had a blue Yamaha R15. The yellow rain liner on the blue tank was quite a sight back in the day. Who knew that I would then move on to a yellow motorcycle that would match the tankbag's liner.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 23:09   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Gigatech, congratulations! While the 650s are better engineered bikes for sure, given your usage, the GT 535 is just about perfect. The forest green is a lovely shade and I wish it was one of the available colours when the motorcycle was originally launched. Im glad that you were finally able to get a good motorcycle and seal the deal. Do share more details about the buying experience and initial feedback on the motorcycle as it will help other prospective buyers as well. And yes, more pictures please.
Finally, got one more picture of the GT right after I resecued this from the RE service center.

Man, if there's one place that could screw up our GTs, it should be the company-owned RE service center over here. The GT is more vibey after service with an increased tappet noise. In fact, there was hardly any tappet noise when I had left for service. I seriously have to find a good mechanic that can take care of my GT without ruining this beautiful machine.

Can't thank Neil enough for infecting me with his passion for the GT and his travelogs. Thanks mate!

Like I had mentioned before, I wasn't ready for the 650. For now, the GT535 will suffice my needs, keeping me entertained everytime I kick start this machine.

Next stop: Need to find some accessories - pillion support, engine guard and some bar end mirrors. I used to have a STD350 with 35/35W headlights, but the headlight of the GT with 55/60W is downright pathetic. Need to upgrade. Any suggestions? Will put that pic up when I'm done with these mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-gt-green2.jpg  

gigatech2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 00:20   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Finally, got one more picture of the GT right after I resecued this from the RE service center.

Man, if there's one place that could screw up our GTs, it should be the company-owned RE service center over here. The GT is more vibey after service with an increased tappet noise. In fact, there was hardly any tappet noise when I had left for service. I seriously have to find a good mechanic that can take care of my GT without ruining this beautiful machine.

Can't thank Neil enough for infecting me with his passion for the GT and his travelogs. Thanks mate!

Like I had mentioned before, I wasn't ready for the 650. For now, the GT535 will suffice my needs, keeping me entertained everytime I kick start this machine.

Next stop: Need to find some accessories - pillion support, engine guard and some bar end mirrors. I used to have a STD350 with 35/35W headlights, but the headlight of the GT with 55/60W is downright pathetic. Need to upgrade. Any suggestions? Will put that pic up when I'm done with these mods.
Naren, I am glad that I could help you find your dream bike in whatever little way that I could. Do keep sharing your experiences and adventures with your lovely green GT 535.

For the list of accessories that you mentioned
- Pillion support : I would suggest that you get the Royal Enfield pillion seat ring that is designed for the Continental GT 535. It really is quite handy for the pillion to grab onto and it also helps a lot when you have to wrestle errr wheel out the bike from a cramped parking lot. The details are all in this post of mine. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post3558361 . If you are looking for a back rest like on the older Thunderbirds, I suppose you will have to get one fabricated.
- Engine guard : I would not be of too much help here since I never bothered to do much research on this.
- Bar end mirrors : My experiments with inexpensive ones werent a great success as they tend to get fidgety after a while due to the build quality and people anyway have a tendency to move them if they see your bike parked in a public spot. Net net, you dont get to see too much of what is happening behind you. In comparison, the Royal Enfield set, though expensive at around Rs 4K a pair (IIRC), are much better built and as a result give you a lot more confidence while riding as you get a good view.
- Headlights : Now that I am back to the OEM headlight setup, I too have realized it is not fully adequate for highway riding. Maybe I have gotten used to the excellent throw from the aux lights that have been kept away for now. Your two options are
1. Aux lights addition : Get a good pair for quality output. They are worth every rupee spent
2. LED headlight replacement : Change the whole headlight unit (and not just the bulb) for a LED setup. I know some TBHPians have taken this approach for the Royal Enfield 650s and are very happy with the results. For now, it might stand out in a sea of halogen headlamped motorcycles but with more and more bikes coming out with LED setups, you should be safe during any police checking and get much better output than what the OEM lights provide.

One more thing, more pictures please!
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 10:52   #599
BHPian

Thanks Neil! I'm also thinking of going with the RE original bar ends as I'm seeing positive reviews for them. Heard it also provides some anti-glare in the night.

On the headlights front, do you have any suggestions? I'm coming across stuff like these - https://amzn.to/2IPFGOY, https://amzn.to/32ifeFv. What were you using before switching back to stock and why the revert?

I'm looking at good quality aux lights - again, coming across stuff like these - https://amzn.to/2ORjJ63, https://amzn.to/2MelXuD.

With so many duplicates in the market, I'm a bit wary of fiddling much with the electronics. If only RE can provide fitments like these straight out of their shops...

Quote:
One more thing, more pictures please!
Sure. This weekend for sure
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 22:51   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
On the headlights front, do you have any suggestions? I'm coming across stuff like these - https://amzn.to/2IPFGOY, https://amzn.to/32ifeFv. What were you using before switching back to stock and why the revert?

I'm looking at good quality aux lights - again, coming across stuff like these - https://amzn.to/2ORjJ63, https://amzn.to/2MelXuD.

With so many duplicates in the market, I'm a bit wary of fiddling much with the electronics. If only RE can provide fitments like these straight out of their shops...
gigatech2006, I was using a pair of Cree spot lights that was distributed by A2Z Motorcycle Superstore through their Bangalore dealer Biking Spirit. I believe I paid around Rs 6,000 for them. I havent used the aux lights as much as other riders here but each time I did, I was sure glad that I had bought a well built pair with top notch quality that did a great job in focusing the light output. Not only was the light intense, it was well focused and I had set it up just perfectly. That way, there was no issue for anyone coming in from the opposite side but I had sufficient visibility of the road conditions as well. However, with all the recent checking for vehicle modifications, I thought it best that I dont give the officials a reason to pull me over and so, Ive temporarily set it aside.

The hesitation that I have with some of the products that you shared is that these are unrated offerings from unknown sellers and you really are taking a bit of a gamble with your money. I would suggest that you either spend a little more and go with proven and trusted lights sold by known players (for example A2Z) or head to any popular physical accessories store for more wallet friendly options and check the light output yourself before you part with your money.

While A2Z Motorcycle Superstore doesnt have the same set listed as what I had bought, they do have some other more cost effective options available now. I do not have any experience with these but for reference, the link is here - Link to aux lights. The other option is to replace the entire headlamp unit with a complete LED headlamp setup. A2Z Motorcycle Superstore has an option available that does appear to be rather steeply priced. The link is here - Link for LED headlight

There are some shops on JC Road in Bangalore where you can get more reasonably priced options that are proven as well, I will recheck on the store names and update you on this. You can easily pick it up and get it installed on your bike later at your convenience.

While backing up some pictures from the camera, I found a couple of pictures of the Continental GT 535, that I had quite forgotten about. And since this thread can never have enough pictures of Continental GT 535s, here is one more.

Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 : Ownership Review (32,000 km and 9 years)-p8300583-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks