Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 13:05   #16
BHPian

A bit off topic - but do you know if the TB 20 litre tank is available OEM for classic 500 and is it a direct fit? Assuming it should be since the frame is the same?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 19th September 2014, 14:16   #17
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
A bit off topic - but do you know if the TB 20 litre tank is available OEM for classic 500 and is it a direct fit? Assuming it should be since the frame is the same?
I think even if the mounting points match the bigger tank will not fit because the handlebars will foul with it on full turn.
Old 19th September 2014, 18:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I think even if the mounting points match the bigger tank will not fit because the handlebars will foul with it on full turn.

Thanks Tgo - guess changing the handlebar is an option to make it work!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:58   #19

Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Great efforts in such a descriptive differences study. Indeed appreciable. Have also got to hear about some design changes in the standard as well as optional extra thump silencer for better PC and thump of-course, shriller sound is the target it seems. (as heard from some sources related to RE part vendors).
If it comes, I am definitely going to get one fitted on my RE Bullet ELectra 350 (R.E.B.E.L as I love to call it.)
Old 8th October 2014, 23:06   #20
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2014 at 10:01.
arin_12 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th October 2014, 17:58   #21
BHPian

I went to the RE brand showroom on Bannerghatta road in Bangalore today to have a look at the TB 500 colors. The sales person informed that an earlier discontinued color-Black (gloss finish) has been reintroduced 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

The sales staff at RE brand store informed me today that RE has re-introduced Gloss black color in TB 500 around 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th October 2014 at 07:09.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
I went to the RE brand showroom on Bannerghatta road in Bangalore today to have a look at the TB 500 colors. The sales person informed that an earlier discontinued color-Black (gloss finish) has been reintroduced 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

The sales staff at RE brand store informed me today that RE has re-introduced Gloss black color in TB 500 around 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
Are the waiting periods still the same for TB? 6-8 months or have they come down substantially with the operationalization of their new plant?
Old 13th October 2014, 13:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
Are the waiting periods still the same for TB? 6-8 months or have they come down substantially with the operationalization of their new plant?
You are right. The waiting period of TB 500 is within 1 month (some dealers quote 1-2 months). For TB 350, its 4 months. I have attached the latest price list and the handwritten figures indicate the waiting period in months.
Attached Thumbnails
What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods-photo.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2016, 14:10   #24
BHPian

One more difference I found out is that the classic 350 has plain mudguards, whereas the Classic 500 has these stripes on the front and rear mudguards (except for the Desert storm all classic 500 models have the stripes and pin stripes)
Attached Thumbnails
What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods-cl350.jpg  

What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods-cl-500.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks